Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

20 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Unless Baylor has another board, the 247 board has nothing at all in regards to Hookfin.

They do, they had that situation a year or two ago where all their 247 writers broke off for their own pay site.  Can't remember what caused it though. 

5 minutes ago, Teryor said:

They do, they had that situation a year or two ago where all their 247 writers broke off for their own pay site.  Can't remember what caused it though. 

247 posters from other sites were copy/pasting their pro-Briles articles, which were then getting retweeted and going viral, exposing them as the trash that they are. So they broke off so that if you wanted that info, you'd have to pay for it 

27 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

EJ on sanders

I don't think Florida is really a serious contender coming out of his OV this weekend. I had my Crystal Ball pick in for the Gators since last year but just changed it to foggy. I put it in when his brother was added to the team and just never changed it. If I had to put in a new Crystal Ball today, I would actually put it on Georgia. UGA seems like the safe bet as it's in the SEC, not too far away from home, and he loved his visit there. I obviously wouldn't count out Alabama, but confidence there seems shaky after the departure of Mike Locksley. Texas remains in the wildcard spot, and I feel like the Longhorns can still land him in one of those 'shock the world' moments. I don't think anyone is really going to know for sure on Trey until Wednesday.

👀

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fud said:

If there was still any confusion about whether or not we nudged Demariyon Houston out..

https://newsok.com/article/5617855/high-school-football-millwood-star-demariyon-houstons-recruitment-remains-up-in-the-air

From Texas to Minnesota is a massive drop off. Him also not getting interest from the Pokes or the Dirt Burglars is telling.

24 minutes ago, Fud said:

If there was still any confusion about whether or not we nudged Demariyon Houston out..

https://newsok.com/article/5617855/high-school-football-millwood-star-demariyon-houstons-recruitment-remains-up-in-the-air

That goes directly against what many here were thinking about this situation, I feel bad for the kid. 

Ive stopped pretending like I know what this staff is doing. I’m sure there’s a plan, but it’s not comprehendable from the outside to me.

11 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

There has to be something going on with Houston. The theory was that he decommited because OU wanted him but they still haven't offered. 

His SR film either isn't good or there are other issues like qualification issues. 

Article said "Texas' interest waned."

Despite being committed since early July, Houston was discouraged. It was time to start over in the recruiting process. One of the state's top recruits re-entered the market.

“It was like they found somebody else or something and they were really trying to push him off,” Millwood athletic director Shannon Hayes said. “He felt like they didn't want him anymore.”  

Houston, a 6-foot, 165-pound four-star recruit, remains No. 3 on the most recent update to The Oklahoman's Super 30 rankings of the state's top college football recruits in the 2019 class.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Seems like something changed for TEXAS, but not sure if we will find out or not??

Edited by LTtxfan

10 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

There has to be something going on with Houston. The theory was that he decommited because OU wanted him but they still haven't offered. 

His SR film either isn't good or there are other issues like qualification issues. 

A lot of recruitnick posters have said they don't think the senior hudl looks great 

Regarding Hookfin, as the fan of a school who was recruiting him before he became much higher profile, the kid is, uh, unusual shall we say.  You can pretty much expect anything.

Likewise, as it relates to your West Coast player chances and Kliff Kingsbury,  FOX football show today was saying NFL teams are looking at his buyout with USC because they are desperate to finpass-first OC.  Fwiw.

6 minutes ago, Fud said:

A lot of recruitnick posters have said they don't think the senior hudl looks great 

This would be my guess. Something interesting about this staff (which I wasn't expecting) is they are really selective. 

Just look at the offers this cycle: 

Texas has offered 139 recruits in the '19 cycle

A&M 193

Baylor 187

TCU 160

Alabama 285

Ohio State 203

LSU 241

Georgia 281

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

This would be my guess. Something interesting about this staff (which I wasn't expecting) is they are really selective. 

Just look at the offers this cycle: 

Texas has offered 139 recruits in the '19 cycle

A&M 193

Baylor 187

TCU 160

Alabama 285

Ohio State 203

LSU 241

Georgia 281

Seems low for bama

3 minutes ago, Fud said:

Thx.... forgot Houston committed in early July this year.

Tough if it really is the fact that he underperformed this Fall.... If so, probably better in the long run for Houston to find a different school than come to Texas and not play.

1 hour ago, Fud said:

He will probably get really hot leading up to NSD2 and end up at some big school that missed on a WR target. 

9 minutes ago, pigmeat markham said:

Regarding Hookfin, as the fan of a school who was recruiting him before he became much higher profile, the kid is, uh, unusual shall we say.  You can pretty much expect anything.

Likewise, as it relates to your West Coast player chances and Kliff Kingsbury,  FOX football show today was saying NFL teams are looking at his buyout with USC because they are desperate to finpass-first OC.  Fwiw.

Lol that would be glorious if that somehow came to fruition. Fuck USC.