Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

3 minutes ago, Sundancekid said:

If Ira Henry is an important target why haven’t we offered him yet?

If we stand to lose all three backup quarterbacks... maybe it’s time to axe our OC who doesn’t even call plays... just a thought. I love the development I’ve witnessed in Sam but we need a quarterbacks coach who isn’t toxic in the eyes and ears of our quarterback room.

The development in Sam is WHY the QBs are looking at transferring. Your correlation's out of whack.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sundancekid said:

If we stand to lose all three backup quarterbacks... maybe it’s time to axe our OC who doesn’t even call plays... just a thought. I love the development I’ve witnessed in Sam but we need a quarterbacks coach who isn’t toxic in the eyes and ears of our quarterback room.

You want him to find a way to play all 4 QBs? Get ready for this shit, it's what college football is about to become.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sundancekid said:

If we stand to lose all three backup quarterbacks... maybe it’s time to axe our OC who doesn’t even call plays... just a thought. I love the development I’ve witnessed in Sam but we need a quarterbacks coach that who isn’t toxic in the eyes and ears of our quarterback room.

With the new portal and redshirt rules people are transferring at a faster rate to get time. Nothing to do with Beck who has honestly done relatively well this year in terms of coaching (look at Sam's growth) and has always been great on the trail.

Well. If Rising, Buechele and Thompson are all leaving what gives. I’m not stating a fact that’s why I say “if”.  Therefor I’m not making shit up. This doesn’t look good going from the healthiest QB room in maybe ever to this. Whose responsibility is this then?

Herman has three experienced quarterbacks at his disposal at Ohio State. Shouldn’t we be able to keep one? Thompson states that playing time isn’t the problem... just posing questions. Lighten up people. It’s just a game.

Edited by Sundancekid
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 5

5 minutes ago, Sundancekid said:

4 whole posts eh? What makes you think our QB coach, who is by all accounts an outstanding recruiter and beloved by the players, is Toxic to our QBs? Oh, nothing, that's right, you don't know shit. 

7 minutes ago, Sundancekid said:

Welcome to Surly.  Your contributions are much appreciated.  Please post more.

tenor.gif?itemid=4797024

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Machinator said:

***Rice grad transfer, Zach Abercrumbia tells me that Texas did not stop by earlier this week. According to Zach, Oscar Giles was supposed to meet with Zach on Tuesday but the visit did not happen.

This is going to go over well.

Edited by Katfid54
Fuck you, Sydney Carton. Charles Darnay was innocent!

1 minute ago, Sundancekid said:

Well. If Rising, Buechele and Thompson are all leaving what gives. I’m not stating a fact that’s why I say “if”.  Therefor I’m not making shit up. This doesn’t look good going from the healthiest QB room in maybe ever to this. Whose responsibility is this then?

Bad parenting? How about Shane wanting a crack at playing ball in a system that fits him much better with 2 years remaining, Rising, a Blue Chip recruit who allegedly didn't like Texas but ALSO almost certainly didn't like the idea of waiting 2 more years before playing a meaningful snap at Texas, and Rising who thought the same thing but didn't pull the trigger as fast as Rising and likely didn't get the same level of interest. 

2 minutes ago, Sundancekid said:

Herman has three experienced quarterbacks at his disposal at Ohio State. Shouldn’t we be able to keep one? Thompson states that playing time isn’t the problem... just posing questions. Lighten up people. It’s just a game.

If Thompson does leave, we can have that discussion.

2 minutes ago, Sundancekid said:

Can you explain what you're basing your belief on, considering the one nice thing people said about him as they were calling for him to be drawn and quartered last year is that he was good with people/recruiting?

7 minutes ago, Sundancekid said:

There's no need to whine.

Good with people/recruiting... where is the part about being a good coach and/or offensive coordinator?  Look, if he’s good with people then I am hoping like hell he can convince Thompson to stay because chances are very good that whoever the backup is will have to win a game or two for us next year. I am hoping like hell it isn’t a true freshman. 

I’m not whining... just posing questions. Being a great recruiter is one thing. Developing and holding on to talent while maintaining the relationship(s) is another.

Edited by Sundancekid
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 5

Just now, Sundancekid said:

Good with people/recruiting... where is the part about being a good coach and/or offensive coordinator?  Look, if he’s good with people then I am hoping like hell he can convince Thompson to stay because chances are very good that whoever the backup is will have to win a game or two for us next year. I am hoping like hell it isn’t a true freshman. 

You literally talked two posts up about how much better Sam got.

As an OC, lol he sucks, but we can afford to eat a glorified QB coach's inflated salary.

• Like 2

Just now, Sundancekid said:

If the sky is falling for you over this shit, this forum is definitely not the place for you, man. Maybe matriculate your way to the football board and eat the trash with those troglodytes. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sundancekid said:

I’m not whining... just posing questions. Being a great recruiter is one thing. Developing and holding on to talent, maintaining the relationship is another.

tenor.gif?itemid=5637597

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Sundancekid said:

Keeping Casey Thompson on board may be the largest remaining recruitment for 2019 left.  Sticks and stones mother fuckers. Sticks and stones.

Heyyy you can't come back with a sensible comment and act like you're doubling down on the dumb from earlier. That's cheating!

34 minutes ago, Sundancekid said:

Herman has three experienced quarterbacks at his disposal at Ohio State. Shouldn’t we be able to keep one? Thompson states that playing time isn’t the problem... just posing questions. Lighten up people.

5 minutes ago, Sundancekid said:

Keeping Casey Thompson on board may be the largest remaining recruitment for 2019 left.  Sticks and stones mother fuckers. Sticks and stones.

3048558.gif

Maybe this whole football thing isn’t for you

48 minutes ago, Sundancekid said:

I’m not whining... just posing questions. Being a great recruiter is one thing. Developing and holding on to talent while maintaining the relationship(s) is another.

How do you do it? Post with all of that cock in your mouth, that is. 

1 hour ago, Sundancekid said:

This post just shows how far behind you are.

This portal and being able to leave whenever to go damn near wherever, along with the generation of college kids where instant satisfaction is demanded or is met with leaving for somewhere that will, will absolutely change the way college football is coached and recruited.  The year Herman was at OSU won't ever happen again.  It's going to be a lot like what we will look like next year.  An entrenched starter, a step down, but high upside backup, and the FR you are redshirting to be the guy after the starter leaves (and good programs will add solid PWOs).

The NCAA is going to have to find a way to control this which won't happen because the NCAA is a bunch of fuckwads who never fix anything.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

Ira Henry doesn't excite me. I would rather get a high-upside JUCO like Bland or the British guy and call it an OL class. If Shepherd flips, so be it.

team bamideli.  he gonna be good. 

1 hour ago, Newy25 said:

How do you do it? Post with all of that cock in your mouth, that is. 

stop projecting. 

55 minutes ago, BurntOrangeBlooded15 said:

This portal and being able to leave whenever to go damn near wherever, along with the generation of college kids where instant satisfaction is demanded or is met with leaving for somewhere that will, will absolutely change the way college football is coached and recruited.  The year Herman was at OSU won't ever happen again.  It's going to be a lot like what we will look like next year.  An entrenched starter, a step down, but high upside backup, and the FR you are redshirting to be the guy after the starter leaves (and good programs will add solid PWOs).

Sobering reality...