Texas recruiting notes 2019

45 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Actually satyanash was his original handle. Allegedly, he forgot his password after he changed computers and thus became sarvanaash. Subsequently after the demise of the Shag, satyanash was born anew on the Surly. But he is still the same glass half empty fellow that he always is - except when it comes to Roger Federer.

I like Sarv/Sat on the board. His pessimism does tend to make things a bit more interesting. Although instead of forgetting a password, I seem to remember Satyanash getting in trouble with the locals for a particularly bad post and getting run off the board at one point.... 

giphy.gif

Edited by Vertigo

2 hours ago, satyanash said:

Read the practice reports. Our offense so far has struggled after struggling all last year. Why would tOSU need to put anything in his head when he can see for himself?

I choose to believe that our defense kicks so much ass, that it would make the Patriots offense look silly.  One might go so far as to give our badass defense a name of it’s own.  

1 hour ago, Sgt. Slaughter said:

They may not produce numbers, but they produce draft picks...

2017: Curtis Samuel and Noah Brown

2016: Michael Thomas and Braxton Miller

2015: Devin Smith

Which of those can Herman claim coaching and/or recruiting?

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

5 minutes ago, Street2Peschel said:

Would you trade a Sanders/Cain combo for Evans?  

While I understand Evans is an elite running back recruit, I'd probably go Sanders and Cain. I think Sanders is a 95% version of Evans, and Cain is an RB1 take in his own right, and the two compliment each other well. Additionally, you get them into your program a year earlier. 

Either would be great scenarios for us though. 

22 minutes ago, Street2Peschel said:

From everything that has been reported, Zach Evans isn't going to be turned off by a Sanders/Cain combo. He's interested in being coached by Stan Drayton because he wants to be like Ezekiel Elliott.

https://247sports.com/college/texas/Bolt/Ezekiel-Elliott-on-new-Texas-RB-coach-Stan-Drayton-50276912

54 minutes ago, Fud said:

While I understand Evans is an elite running back recruit, I'd probably go Sanders and Cain. I think Sanders is a 95% version of Evans, and Cain is an RB1 take in his own right, and the two compliment each other well. Additionally, you get them into your program a year earlier. 

Either would be great scenarios for us though. 

Why not all three?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Street2Peschel said:

it really doesn’t matter at this point.  if sanders and cain wanted to commit you’d have to have down’s syndrome to say no.  evans is a year away. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

Perfect for when he steps into the starting role at Texas in 2020 /longhorn94

To be fair, 94 hasn't said that Card is going to be a QB worthy of a Texas offer. He's simply said that Card is obviously the best athlete of this, or any, generation. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

To be fair, 94 hasn't said that Card is going to be a QB worthy of a Texas offer. He's simply said that Card is obviously the best athlete of this, or any, generation. 

that made me laugh... well done, sir. well done.

Edited by Longhorn94
  • Like 1

Ha.

Honestly - I’ve only seen him throw on an end around. He was off target, but WL had some outstanding DEs in his face.

I’ll be interested to see how he does this year at QB.

The kid has some wheels.

For the 2020 thread, but Card played darned well against a good, veteran Allen defense. Especially considering the fact that he pressed into emergency duty, and didn't get many reps at QB in the week leading up to the state title game. 

It's early, but I think the 2019 QBs are better than 2020 class. Roschon is a special talent. Gunnell can play. McIvor and Zeno are good enough to be QB1 in Texas' 2019 class. If either were willing to be the second QB in the class, Texas should jump all over that and just take one QB in 2020. 

For the Candi getting busted thread, but I have no idea why Jimbo isn't recruiting Zeno and McIvor.

• Like 2