Independent/Third Party 2020 Presidential Candidate "Mega"thread

bad_teammate

replying in here to quit threadjacking democratic candidate 2020.  This is what you said edited to make it consistent with what bt told you

Because as someone told me here recently, only racists say "I don't see color" because it's racist for wypipo not to give bonus points to PoC and marginalized folk.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

I'm completely lost as to what point you are trying to make.

He's talking about this where you distorted what I said and added shit to it that I didn't say. Also, I already responded to you in the other thread through a quote, meaning you would've received a notification.

Now, quit lying and apologize.

• 2 weeks later...

Would love to see Amash run. Late thirties, strong libertarian vibe, engages and supoorts political transparency. Believe that he would be the first Arab-American Republican candidate. If it’s a two man debate with him and trump gives him a huge platform to promote his politics as a potential counter balance to trumpism in the new gop or whatever comes next when trump finishes hollowing out the current apparatus.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

So all you so-called Republicans who swear you’d gladly vote for anyone not named Trump but are forced to because Democrats are just toooooo out there......

They won’t 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

Democrats should never, ever take George Will seriously.

Nor should anyone else.

He wasn't speaking to Democrats but the never-Trumpers, moderates and various members of the Republican diaspora.

45 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

He laid it on thick in that piece, I'll give him that.

I think he is overestimating the amount of people that are willing to break away from the Republican party.

16 hours ago, F250 said:

I think he is overestimating the amount of people that are willing to break away from the Republican party.

millions of voters do it every two years.  Back and forth.  With the ebb and flow of a tide.  But neither side sees them as what they are and what could actually be.  

The landscape is not only dotted with voters like me who vote probably 50% ind/lib, 35% GOP, 15% Democrat....but we also give money in that proportion.  Millions of dollars they don't see because of their futile arrogance.  

Just now, bad_teammate said:

Says the guy who is in a rolling boil over Bernie Sanders's political independence. lol

Maybe he's just upset because Hillary unequivocally bowed out of 2020.  

I’ve heard people complain about independents before and this really irritates me and here’s why.

The two political parities are roughly on a straight line of policies, more govt vs less government, etc. At least that’s the way they’ve decided to position themselves.

The reality of what this country often needs doesn’t fit nicely on a straight line. In some places, heavy govt is necessary and good. In other areas it’s not.

Other policies that are adopted by a party, like abortion, only fit with a party because of the religious affiliation with conservatives.

The reality is that this country needs common sense polices from both sides of the political spectrum and it is the diehard party members that are killing this country because they follow their party policies like blind sheep. Screw the left and the right diehards.

I’m fine with a person who holds actual well researched positions who doesn’t find themselves aligned with a majority of either party’s platform; thus an independent.

What grinds my gears is the person who is shallowly informed and wishy washy, plays the “both sides are blah blah blah”, I’m so above it all; thus “independent”.

The first group I can respect and have an honest debate with. The second can read a book and shut up.

I’m fine with a person who holds actual well researched positions who doesn’t find themselves aligned with a majority of either party’s platform; thus an independent.

What grinds my gears is the person who is shallowly informed and wishy washy, plays the “both sides are blah blah blah”, I’m so above it all; thus “independent”.

The first group I can respect and have an honest debate with. The second can read a book and shut up.

Unfortunately many independents fall into your category two. And I can see that particularly ticking off Democrats right now because the GOP is currently operating as the more flawed party, and a lot of the independents aren’t pointing that out. The GOP right now is worse than the Democrats.

The Democrats can regain the shitty party title by implementing completely financially unviable social programs. They can become a force in this country by implementing fiscally responsible progressive policies.

15 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

The Democrats can regain the shitty party title by implementing completely financially unviable social programs. They can become a force in this country by implementing fiscally responsible progressive policies.

This sounds good, like something someone on the fence wants to hear but it doesn’t make much sense.

As a collective, there’s not much we can’t afford as a people. We have the most assets on the planet and our current president is successfully pitching a fucking SPACE FORCE to people who pride themselves as “fiscal conservatives”. 

We can figure out healthcare, childcare, and education without breaking the bank.  In fact, we could probably do it while increasing disposable income to middle and lower class families.  Heaven forbid people have more of their own money to pump into the economy.

48 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Unfortunately many independents fall into your category two. And I can see that particularly ticking off Democrats right now because the GOP is currently operating as the more flawed party, and a lot of the independents aren’t pointing that out. The GOP right now is worse than the Democrats.

Excepet these wishy "independents" hear the bullshit of "HOW DO YOU PAY FOR IT!?!?!?!!?!?!?" being screamed at every Democrat but nary a peep about cutting tax revenues and not cutting spending concurrently or "show the math how your tax cut/war will pay for itself."

Then they just think every Democrat idea is a "financially unviable social program" 

There are a lot of people out there, me included, that believe most of our problems can be solved with financially responsible solutions, and those solutions often could and should include higher, not less, taxation. Warren Buffet is one, for example.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/5/2019 at 4:21 PM, Dbeasy said:

There are a lot of people out there, me included, that believe most of our problems can be solved with financially responsible solutions, and those solutions often could and should include higher, not less, taxation. Warren Buffet is one, for example.

You think Warren Buffet needs to pay more in taxes?  

You think Warren Buffet needs to pay more in taxes?  

Forget what I think. Let’s just see what Warren himself believes, before the irresponsible GOP tax cut.

“If anything, taxes for the lower and middle class and maybe even the upper-middle class should even probably be cut further. But I think that people at the high end - people like myself - should be paying a lot more in taxes. We have it better than we've ever had it.”

Warren Buffet
www.cnn.com. April 14, 2011.