Independent/Third Party 2020 Presidential Candidate "Mega"thread

bad_teammate

14 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Who are you or anyone else to say that isnt being punished?

LEAVE BILLIONAIRES ALONE!

Warren is an idiot. She might be intelligent and good at whatever job she's tasked with, but she clearly doesn't understand genetics and perception and soft-skill stuff like humor, likeability and thinking it was a good idea to call herself a native american lol. Clearly she's likely an autist, in that way.

giphy.webp

Anyone who cares about the Native American stuff weighed against everything else is not someone she was ever going to win in the first place.

Cookie defends Schultz with the passion of a lover, but dismisses Warren for not being "likeable" and not understanding "perception". Meanwhile, Schultz comes across like a sociopath and is getting endlessly heckled everywhere he goes because he has no concept of who he is talking to and what he represents.

I'm a huge advocate for the need for third parties.  I will more than likely never vote for a third party candidate in the next presidential election.  If the third party candidate had a brain, he or she would have run when it was Hillary v. Trump.   

he also had a voodoo economics stick:
height.630.no_border.width.1200.jpg

The Laffer Curve. Anyone know what this says?

...It says that at this point on the revenue curve, you will get exactly the same amount of revenue as at this point. This is very controversial.

Does anyone know what Vice President Bush called this in 1980?

...Anyone?

...Something-d-o-o economics...

..."Voodoo" economics.
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

I just watched all 8 minutes of that View clip. Shultz owned it. What's not to love? He's right all the way down to the 50 state mandate!

The complete and total lack of specific policies. The blatant misrepresentation of the Democrat is another huge problem (in what way is the Democratic platform on immigration "extreme", for example)?

Again, a match made in heaven for you.

Schultz is the perfect foil for Warren.  He has absolutely nothing of substance or solutions.  She can just beat him to death and maybe even bully him to drop out.  Moreover, her attacks on him could draw Trump supporters to his side because that’s the way reflexive control works. 

1 hour ago, deech said:

I'm a huge advocate for the need for third parties.  I will more than likely never vote for a third party candidate in the next presidential election.  If the third party candidate had a brain, he or she would have run when it was Hillary v. Trump.   

Why didn't Gary Johnson or Jill Stein think of that?

44 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Schultz is the perfect foil for Warren.  He has absolutely nothing of substance or solutions.  She can just beat him to death and maybe even bully him to drop out.  Moreover, her attacks on him could draw Trump supporters to his side because that’s the way reflexive control works. 

Schultz is helping Warren’s campaign by being so out of touch 

27 minutes ago, GOD said:

Schultz is a 1 percenter plant to reelect Trump and/or extort the Dems to drop their billionaires wealth assault. He is perfunctorily mouthing democratic party taking points like a bad Russian spy.

He is grotesque. All billionaires should die (be looted & eaten), if this pattern keeps. These people are demonic Destructo Capitalists.

Did your last sock get banned already?

54 minutes ago, Continental Op said:

What do y'all mean? Gary Johnson won the last election because all of the Trump supporters here voted for him .

If you dig a little further you will find that most of the Gary Johnson voters are self loathing types who spend their time primarily on ledges with a bottle these days.  

38 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Who is the libertarian party front runner? Since that’s who everyone is voting for anyway 

The coked out Whale Fucker. I don't see anyone really garnering any attention in 2020. Justin Amash would probably be a popular candidate but I don't think he will run. More than likely it will come down to Bill Weld and John whale fucking McAfee.

This is not a good election for 3rd party candidates.

• Like 1

https://mobile.twitter.com/mcuban/status/1090322362157985792

If 21 months before an election you don’t believe your candidate’s platform is strong enough to win an election with independent candidates, you might want to rethink who you support

Hell, Cuban should run. Goodness knows he has enough experience saying "I had no idea all this wheels off shit was going on right under my nose!" to qualify for the job.

4 hours ago, GRHorn said:

Pretty clear to me that Shultz helps Trump. 

It isn't obvious to me. I don't think any partisan voters will be fazed, and the Dems will have the numerical advantage in 2020.

Among the middle, I see Schultz peeling away more right-leaners from Trump than left-leaners from the Democrat. There is already one popular policy proposal, taxing the super-rich, to which he has publicly stated opposition. The Dem should be able to check that box.

"Howard, they're separating families at the border and putting kids in cages. Some of the kids are dying!"

imgur>

"Howard, they just added $1.7T to the national debt to give a tax cut to you and your friends!"

imgur>

"Howard, America is an international laughing stock because of our corrupt, idiotic president who conspired with a foreign enemy!"

imgur>

"Howard, someone said that maybe the top marginal tax rate should be raised to the same level as it was a few decades ago!"

141017004442-howard-schultz-horizontal-l

• Like 3

10 hours ago, NBMisha said:

I'm sure Schultz is finding it curious that there turns out to be no market for what he is selling.   The seven steps will take him a while to work through.

Oh there's a market for it. It only sells to about 1% of the population. 

33 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

I know he's not a Democrat, but I'm sure it stroked his ego to go off on Trump and have a bunch of Dems love him for it. Then he goes to work for a dud like Schultz. 

No one expected Schmidt to start campaigning for Kamala Harris.  He’s still a conservative politicial operative but I don’t think he’s trying to help Trump win with Schultz.  He’s trying to give never-Trumper Republicans an alternative to democrats.

Democrats loved Schmidt because he spoke truth about his party in an ocean of lies.

In political warfare, you should welcome attacks on your enemy regardless of where it’s coming from, unless it’s Russia of course.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

1 minute ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Theory:  Schulz is getting so much hate because everyone wants to be sure Trump loses.  It really has nothing to do with him or his politics specifically.  His presence makes it possible to blow the layup that is 2020.

Correct.  People are terrified of a Trump second term and they’re lashing out at Schultz because he makes that more of a possibility.  

That “poll” is so much hot garbage.

Everyone loves a hypothetical unnamed centrist independent in a vacuum because you can imagine them to be your dream candidate that shares all your views, has gravitas, and is charismatic and charming.

That changes when it’s an old white dude coffee billionaire with negative personality who is only running to protect his own fortune and is arrogant enough to believe that because he discovered white girls love pumpkin drinks that means he’s qualified to run the country.

He appeals to about 1,800 people nationally in three areas - LA, NYC, and Silicon Valley. Woke billionaires. I have yet to see one single regular person give even a lukewarm response to him, much less a positive one.

And I don’t care if this sounds like “dirty tricks” - I hope there’s a concerted effort going on right now in the capitols of blue states to keep him off the ballot.

Fuck him. Fucking GOOP.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Theory:  Schulz is getting so much hate because everyone wants to be sure Trump loses.  It really has nothing to do with him or his politics specifically.  His presence makes it possible to blow the layup that is 2020.

That's part of it. The other part is he's only targeting Democratic ideas as why he's running and not the flaming shitfest that's occupying the White House. And his reasons are fairly transparent. He's the rich person's candidate. 

He’s also too chickenshit to run as a democrat or primary Trump. 

Something Bernie should get more credit for but doesn’t, and I realize I rail on Bernie for not being a democrat but at least he’s not running as an independent...yet.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz