Texas @ UL-Lafayette Series Thread

Horny Bull

42 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

I heard Jim Palmer tell a story that Earl Weaver believed that in many games the winning team will score more runs in one inning than the losing team does in the entire game.  I suppose that’s why Weaver is renowned for seldom playing for one run. 

Jokes on him. We’re 2-0 and haven’t hit a 3 run hr yet. 

Thank Christ Reynolds finally went back to switch hitting. His freshman year he seemed to have more power and just a generally better left handed hitter. I was pissed when they said he’s going righty exclusively. 

Austin Todd seems like he’s going to have a breakout year. Duke Ellis may go all Payton lite in regards to getting on base. Fucking scooters. Hamilton-Ellis-Todd would’ve been deadly at the top of the lineup. Oh well. Reagan has shown some flashes this weekend. I love Kennedy’s approach at the plate. Great swing and you can tell he’s insanely confident at the plate. 

Elder showed flashes and all last year but holy fuck. Really wasn’t expecting him to look like Chance Ruffin on Friday. God damn what a performance. 

Yeah, McCann has had a good weekend but he’s just the ultimate slap hitter. Get D.J. behind the plate, Bertelson at first and keep Zubia at dh. Really wish we could get Fields some more ab’s but the whole crowded outfield thing. 

Gonna be a fun season, Pierce has all sorts of talent. Can’t wait to watch what he’s got planned 

1 hour ago, Fletch said:

Elder, Bocchi and Henley is a good start. Interested to see how Cobb looks today 

I am as well. I think Pierce will hope to get 3 good innings out of him, then maybe go to Whelan or another frosh. Would like to see bertelsen get a crack at 1B today.