Wine

Hollywood

• 3 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, We’reTexas said:

Yeah they are on the natty end of the spectrum. I think the whole glou glou thing will blow over, so to speak, and frankly already kind of has. There’s a time and a place but I’m generally not a fan of mouse and VA. 

Just learned what glou glou means. My friends and I call it whack back wine. You just whack it back. 

21 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Yeah those are flawed wines.

Well, volatile acids are a natural part of wine; they are considered flaws past certain levels. Same with Brett. But there’s a big part of the zero-zero crowd that celebrates this (that NOLA bar included). That’s fine and all - I like me some Matassa and Partida Creus - but it seems to be a waning trend. All the new California cool kids aren’t nearly as into the natty thing. 

1 hour ago, milkman said:

The 2017 KF is in a sweet spot right now! She makes some great vino!

Looking forward to it.  I’ve been in a KF drought since finishing my 14s almost two years ago.  She has been my favorite Oregon PN producer for 10+ years, dating to her time at Scott Paul.  If you have not tried her Pinot Blanc, I give it a strong recommendation. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This is some good stuff. If you can get some West Slope, it’s worth it. 

We visited the winery and had them ship us a case. It’s a great tour and tasting spot outside of Sanoma. The art work on the grounds is awesome.

23 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

I would enjoy this thread more if posts included approximate prices for the wine displayed. 

Download the Wine-Searcher app and easily look them up. When @milkman posts, prepare your anus. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 2/4/2024 at 8:11 PM, Dbeasy said:

I would enjoy this thread more if posts included approximate prices for the wine displayed. 

On 2/3/2024 at 10:03 PM, milkman said:

Nothing to see here

6293a9bc029853d05eb8525cf061de5b.jpg

These are all available at Trader Joe's for $2 a bottle.

The bottle on the left is from Fattoria Colmone della Marca, which is located in one of Italy’s smallest DOC’s - I Terrini di San Severino Moro, in the heart of the Marche.  Fattoria Colmone is the sole producer.  This bottle is their 1,618 bianco, which is a white wine made with a 50/50 blend of Merlot and Sangiovese.  This is all from the single webpage I could find with any information about it. It is good and interesting, in a wine geeky way.  The bottle on the right was better.  If I had a clue what it means, I might add imo. 

IMG_3764.jpeg

Are there any wines you will not buy on your own... they only end up in your possession if someone gifts them to you?  I'm sure this will elicit some hate but for me it is California Chardonnay (really any oaky Chardonnay... I'll take a French Chablis any day) or pretty much any California Cabernet Sauvignon or just about any California reds that give me a headache.  I've never gotten such brutal headaches than from CA reds.  Must be all the additives and garbage some of the mass bottlers use. 

• Hook 'Em 1