Israel

SmokeyBear1861

1 hour ago, Asithappens said:

Are you talking about how some Arab nations/groups want to wipe Israel off the face of the earth? That is probably the biggest of all race wars.

this isn't 1973, there is no more belligerency except from Syria and Iran(not Arab).  I'm sure you did not know that.  Problem is you don't know any details, haven't seen you post any details. Anyway, your'e obviously very uneducated on this topic, so I'm not going to waste time on you. 

2 hours ago, NowThis said:

this isn't 1973, there is no more belligerency except from Syria and Iran(not Arab).  I'm sure you did not know that.  Problem is you don't know any details, haven't seen you post any details. Anyway, your'e obviously very uneducated on this topic, so I'm not going to waste time on you. 

Far apart from that, just look at the actions, statements, and documents from the Zionist government. They are absolutely dedicated to the destruction of Palestinian nationalism, and they implement those in actions. If, for example,  you read Avner Yaniv's Dilemmas of Security, you learn that the leading reasons for their absolute criminal invasion of Lebanon in 1982 was Arafat's "peace offensive," meaning they were becoming quite irritated that Arafat kept signaling that he wanted a peaceful settlement along the guidelines prescribed by 242 as well as the two security council resolutions in 1976 and 1980 (both of which were vetoed by the US), so they kept provoking the PLO until they were compelled to respond, and at that point the invasion began. It's also the same reason that Israeli leaders periodically "mow the lawn," to use Ariel Sharon's words. These are just small samples.

Diplomatically, they're every bit the shit show that they are in their actions. In that response to the Declaration of Independence in 1988, the lengthier response was:

1. Israel yearns for peace and the continuation of the political process by means of direct negotiations based on the principles of the Camp David Accords

Ok, so far so good.

1. Israel opposes the establishment of an additional Palestinian state in the Gaza district and in the area between Israel and Jordan.

"Additional" referring to Jordan, which, as has been stated many times over, is like saying that the Jews don't need Israel because they already have New York

1. Israel will not conduct negotiations with the PLO

Ah I see, so they're willing to negotiate, just not with the body that represents the Palestinian people. And that's plainly obvious because by having to dodge the PLO (as they would with Hamas beginning in 2005), they only will "negotiate" with puppets like Abbas/Erekat/etc. That makes sense when you view it from the perspective of "how can I most efficaciously get what I want without having to give up anything?" That makes 0 sense when it comes to "how can I get what I'm legally entitled to under international law?"

1. There will be no change in the status of Judea, Samaria and Gaza other than in accordance with the basic guidelines of the Government.

Again, nothing at all to do with international law. This is an absolutely perverse concept, unless of course you understand that they're only interested in what they want and not merely what they're entitled to. They're literally saying that they, not the UN (you know, the body that permitted for the fucking creation of the state of Israel to begin with) have the authority to decide what the border of a different country should be and solely based on what they want it to be. This is absolutely astonishing, but it's what we expect when a state has the level of ideological, diplomatic, political and military aid from the US as Israel now does (and has for quite some time). 

Of course, Israel's overt rejectionism doesn't end there. That's just a sample. 

But you get the idea all the same. Whether it's formal rejections of independence, repeated No votes at the UN (and US vetoes in the SC), presenting ridiculous deals to the Palestinians that even their own negotiators found ridiculous (Camp David 2000), scuttling deals that actually would have worked (Taba 2001), "mowing the lawn" every 4-5 years in Gaza, flattening Lebanon on multiple occasions, continuing to increase settlement construction in the West Bank to the point where there's no organic connection between Palestinians, constructing immoral and illegal walls to protect those settlements (that one in particular isn't even arguable anymore), imposing a barbaric (not to mention extremely illegal) blockade on Gaza to the point where they cannot receive the most basic of goods from the outside, forcing them to live in what the former UK Prime Minister called the "world's largest open air prison" in conditions where mothers have to live with the fact that every day when they give their children a cup of water, they're effectively poisoning them, there isn't a sane or rational person who could logically conclude for any actual reason that this is the behavior of a country that wants to make and live in peace with its neighbors. And when you consider the massive scale of these "mow the lawn" operations in particular, when we see the typical knuckle-dragging, mouth-breathing idiots posting this fictitious falderal about how we ( @bad_teammate, @NowThis, @FondrenRoad, myself, etc) are the ones who support terrorism and oppose peace, I would sincerely hope that the only reason I don't see and hear everyone else bursting out laughing at this insipid inversion of reality in all of their fractal wrongness is because this is just an internet board and I can't see/hear any of you.

Edited by hpslugga

Just now, David Dennison said:

Which Arab nations adopt this as official policy?

Well obviously the answer is "none," which is why the two-state settlement has unanimous support in the Organization of Islamic Cooperation and the Arab League. This is just an example of somebody asserting as fact that which is evidently not true. 

Surprised nobody has posted here..

http://time.com/5552150/israel-gaza-strikes-tel-aviv-attack/

(JERUSALEM) — Israeli warplanes on Friday struck some 100 Hamas targets in the Gaza Strip in response to a rare rocket attack on the Israeli metropolis of Tel Aviv. Rocket fire persisted throughout the morning, setting the stage for additional possible reprisals.

considering the NZ mosque massacre, Israeli Jewish supremacists have their own celebrity -- Baruch Goldstein who mowed down 29 Palestinians at a Hebron mosque 1994. 

his gravesite in the West Bank is now a shrine for the settler crazies

goldstein-009.jpgibrahimimosque.jpg

On 3/14/2019 at 11:22 PM, Johnny Sack said:

I’ll put my money on the Jews.  They might be a small population. But look at their contribution to science, business and the arts.  And there is also that “never again” mantra.

I’ve been over there a lot   And have a very high admiration of the Israelis and what they’ve built over there   A stark contrast to their neighbors   And they don’t have oil.

More importantly, how much does it cost to watch rats fuck over there? Just curious since I figure you would know. 

5 hours ago, NowThis said:

considering the NZ mosque massacre, Israeli Jewish supremacists have their own celebrity -- Baruch Goldstein who mowed down 29 Palestinians at a Hebron mosque 1994. 

his gravesite in the West Bank is now a shrine for the settler crazies

Even though Baruch Goldstein’s act of terrorism is celebrated by a small number of Jewish supremacists, the Israeli government condemned his murderous act, as did the vast majority of Israelis. According to Wiki, the Israeli government outlawed monuments to terrorists and they discourage those making pilgrimage to Goldstein's grave site.

Contrast that with the Palestinian authorities purposefully naming public schools after terrorists, thereby giving them special status among the Palestinians. More than a dozen public schools are named in honor of Palestinians who murdered Israelis. The list includes—but is not limited to--Ali Hassan Salameh, Dalal Mughrabi, Abu Jihad, and Nash’at Abu Jabara.

In Israel, a few crazies (your words), honor a murderer; in Gaza and the West Bank, Palestinian society in general has no reservations about honoring such criminals.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Cacti said:

Even though Baruch Goldstein’s act of terrorism is celebrated by a small number of Jewish supremacists, the Israeli government condemned his murderous act, as did the vast majority of Israelis. According to Wiki, the Israeli government outlawed monuments to terrorists and they discourage those making pilgrimage to Goldstein's grave site.

Contrast that with the Palestinian authorities purposefully naming public schools after terrorists, thereby giving them special status among the Palestinians. More than a dozen public schools are named in honor of Palestinians who murdered Israelis. The list includes—but is not limited to--Ali Hassan Salameh, Dalal Mughrabi, Abu Jihad, and Nash’at Abu Jabara.

In Israel, a few crazies (your words), honor a murderer; in Gaza and the West Bank, Palestinian society in general has no reservations about honoring such criminals.

it's more than a few Israeli's it's hundreds of thousands of wild ass settlers who are basically Jews gone wild + their backers in Israel proper. 

Secondly, Arab 'terrorists' are those who kill occupiers and their backers. Once the occupation ends, then we can call them bad names, not now.  Just yesterday, a brave young man killed an Israeli soldier in the west bank by taking his gun and shooting him, killed a 47 year old settler who was a rabbi and then proceeded to shoot a few more occupiers.  This action cannot be condemned but should be supported by all those who are against military dictatorships.  Yet, we are on the wrong side of this ledger due to internal demographics. 

28 minutes ago, NowThis said:

Secondly, Arab 'terrorists' are those who kill occupiers and their backers. Once the occupation ends, then we can call them bad names, not now.  Just yesterday, a brave young man killed an Israeli soldier in the west bank by taking his gun and shooting him, killed a 47 year old settler who was a rabbi and then proceeded to shoot a few more occupiers.  This action cannot be condemned but should be supported by all those who are against military dictatorships.  Yet, we are on the wrong side of this ledger due to internal demographics. 

It sounds like you’re saying that Palestinians killing Israelis or even Americans (their backers), is not an act of terrorism and therefore should not be condemned. Is that a fair reading?

9 minutes ago, Cacti said:

It sounds like you’re saying that Palestinians killing Israelis or even Americans (their backers), is not an act of terrorism and therefore should not be condemned. Is that a fair reading?

i personally wouldn't include Americans into the mix, but i know you want to drag that into the vortex with the usual faux Israeli-US patriotism tie-in.  

3 minutes ago, NowThis said:

i personally wouldn't include Americans into the mix, but i know you want to drag that into the vortex with the usual faux Israeli-US patriotism tie-in.  

You mentioned the ‘backers’ of Israel. If you weren’t referring to America, to whom were you referring?

Edited by Cacti

7 minutes ago, NowThis said:

Israelis in pre 1967 Israel, the Green Line. 

Sure. O.k. I’ll amend my comment; does this sound fair?

It sounds like you’re saying that Palestinians killing Israelis or even Americans (their backers), is not an act of terrorism and therefore should not be condemned.

the western democratic Israeli state decided to demolish an elementary school building in a refugee camp  

http://english.wafa.ps/page.aspx?id=Mnc9zza108811065231aMnc9zz

facebook.png twitter.png
font-big.png font-small.png Font Size print1.gif
Publish Date: 2019/03/19
Israel demolishes an annex to a school in Shufat refugee camp in Jerusalem

JERUSALEM, Tuesday, March 19, 2019 (WAFA) – Bulldozers of the Israeli municipality of West Jerusalem demolished today an annex to al-Razi school that was still under construction in Shufat refugee camp, northeast of Jerusalem.

WAFA correspondent in Jerusalem said that Israeli forces raided the camp, forced all students and teachers to leave their school located near an army checkpoint at the entrance to the camp, which is surrounded by an 8-meter high concrete wall, before commencing with the demolition of the two-story annex.

He said the school was not notified in advance of the demolition.

Al-Razi school is attended by a large number of students from the camp, which demanded from the school to add to its structure in order to accommodate the newcomers.

503317C.jpg

https://www.maannews.com/Content.aspx?id=782920

Israeli forces fired rubber-coated steel bullets towards locals in the refugee camp.

I know its a terrible comparison, but one of the things that gets me about folks who seem to be more and more into identity politics here in the US is the fact that based upon observation and personal experience, it's getting harder and harder to actually identify people, what with all the goddamn miscegination going on.

Is there any identifiable religious intermarriage in Israel?

I swear to God, I felt it was a joke when I first suggested it on the bevo, but the best thing for the Middle east would be figuring out a way to send Mexican and Central American immigrants over there to settle. 

46 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

I know its a terrible comparison, but one of the things that gets me about folks who seem to be more and more into identity politics here in the US is the fact that based upon observation and personal experience, it's getting harder and harder to actually identify people, what with all the goddamn miscegination going on.

I swear to God, I felt it was a joke when I first suggested it on the bevo, but the best thing for the Middle east would be figuring out a way to send Mexican and Central American immigrants over there to settle. 

Religious intermarriage is illegal in Israel.  

1 hour ago, tantric superman said:

I don't think the Mexicans and Central Americans would enjoy that much.

speaking of schools, here the IDF goes into an elementary school, argues with the teachers, and arrests an 8 year old!   I get this from my FB feed, can you guys see it? let me know.  Send in a real battle ready army unit with machine guns to drag off a kid. 

Edited by NowThis

15 minutes ago, NowThis said:

speaking of schools, here the IDF goes into an elementary school, argues with the teachers, and arrests an 8 year old!   I get this from my FB feed, can you guys see it? let me know.  Send in a real battle ready army unit with machine guns to drag off a kid. 

took a snapshop in case you don't want to see the whole video, (you should watch it anyway)

2r61iyo.jpg

4 minutes ago, Asithappens said:

Which, what, makes Israel like a lot of Arab Muslim countries?

Two sides of the same coin. 

Arab nations, except for Tunisia and maybe a couple more nations, allow Muslim men to marry non Muslim women, but not vice versa.  So, they're somewhat better than Israel which doesn't recognize any cross-religious marriages at all. 

2 minutes ago, NowThis said:

So, they're somewhat better than Israel which doesn't recognize any cross-religious marriages at all. 

Israel recognizes inter-religious marriage, so if that's what you're trying to say it's a false assertion.

Not that I'm supporting that type of backwards view (a pox on both muslim and jewish nations that do this) but Israel does recognize inter-religious marriage. You have to go out of the country to get married, but when you come back the marriage is recognized.

If that is incorrect please set us straight.

21 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Let that sink in. 

If an Israeli Jew wants to marry an Israeli Muslim, they have to get married outside of Israel.

In 2019.

They don't allow any civil marriages for some weird reason.  A jew could not marry anyone other than a jew.  Muslim, Christian, Druze.  A muslim also can only marry a muslim.

2 minutes ago, Asithappens said:

Israel recognizes inter-religious marriage, so if that's what you're trying to say it's a false assertion.

Not that I'm supporting that type of backwards view (a pox on both muslim and jewish nations that do this) but Israel does recognize inter-religious marriage. You have to go out of the country to get married, but when you come back the marriage is recognized. 

If that is incorrect please set us straight.

This is correct.

we learn something new every day https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-israeli-who-commanded-massacre-of-dozens-of-arab-captives-in-1948-dies-at-93-1.7022943?fbclid=IwAR2TPHYtUow5cykY0--1VjsmUaRVtvr-mwL3fSv_2-b9s9Al8SFvVWkdU6I

Israeli Who Commanded Massacre of Dozens of Arab Captives in 1948 Dies at 93

Shmuel Lahis shot all remaining men in a Lebanese village and then blew up the house ‘to make a mass grave.' He received one year in prison, a punishment later revoked, was pardoned by the president and went on to head the Jewish Agency

Lahis reported to the deputy battalion commander, Dov Yirmiya, that the village had been taken without a fight and that most of its residents had fled. He added, however, that about 35 men remained in the village and that he had put them all in a building. “Do you want us to deport them?” Lahis asked Yirmiya, as Dan Yahav wrote in his book “Purity of Arms – Ethos, Myth and Reality 1936-1956.” Yirmiya left to consult with headquarters. When he returned to the village the next day he noticed that the faces of the soldiers around him were pale. “Where are the prisoners?” he asked.

“The company commander and sergeant major shot them all with a machine gun,” he was told, “and then they blew up the house on them, so that they could have a mass grave.” Different accounts put the number of dead from 34 to 58.

He said Lahis claimed that the murder was an act of revenge for the slaughter of his friends in Haifa.

He took part in the IDF’s first officers course and fought in several battles and operations – including the defense of Haifa, during which he was ordered to “clean the area of Arabs,” as he told the NGO Toldot Yisrael.

300 civilian protesters, each was found to have no weapons, have been murdered by the IDF at the Gaza border over the last several months.  Homes are demolished due to no permits, Israel doesn't grant permits (nice trick right?). People are kidnapped at night and tortured in the jails.  It's a brutal regime which deserves bombardment. Hell, I think the US should invade Israel asap to remove the dictatorship. 

37 minutes ago, NowThis said:

300 civilian protesters, each was found to have no weapons, have been murdered by the IDF at the Gaza border over the last several months.  Homes are demolished due to no permits, Israel doesn't grant permits (nice trick right?). People are kidnapped at night and tortured in the jails.  It's a brutal regime which deserves bombardment. Hell, I think the US should invade Israel asap to remove the dictatorship. 

The timing of this is so predictable too, and not even for the Golan Heights nonsense. Just two days ago, the UN voted to adopt the HRC report that copiously documented numerous instances of IDF war crimes between the dates of March 30th and December 31st of last year. Effectively, its leadership can now be tried for war crimes in the ICC. Of course with President Trump, that's likely not to happen, but if they keep that on ice until his replacement is inaugurated in 2021, depending upon who it is, Bibi and Co. are shit out of luck. So what do they do? They let the tail wag the dog, reverse cause and effect, and mow the lawn in Gaza. Once again, victims being cast as victimizers and victimizers being cast as victims. 

Edited by hpslugga

11 minutes ago, hpslugga said:

The timing of this is so predictable too, and not even for the Golan Heights nonsense. Just two days ago, the UN voted to adopt the HRC report that copiously documented numerous instances of IDF war crimes between the dates of March 30th and December 31st of last year. Effectively, its leadership can now be tried for war crimes in the ICC. Of course with President Trump, that's likely not to happen, but if they keep that on ice until his replacement is inaugurated in 2021, depending upon who it is, Bibi and Co. are shit out of luck. So what do they do? They let the tail wag the dog, reverse cause and effect, and mow the lawn in Gaza. Once again, victims being cast as victimizers and victimizers being cast as victims. 

Neither the USA nor Israel have ratified the Rome Statute or accept the jurisdiction of the ICC.  There is no foreseeable US administration that would push this through the security council so that Israel would fall under the jurisdiction of the court via the back door.

9 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Neither the USA nor Israel have ratified the Rome Statute or accept the jurisdiction of the ICC.  There is no foreseeable US administration that would push this through the security council so that Israel would fall under the jurisdiction of the court via the back door.

Well they wouldn't have to "push it through," they would just not veto it...kinda like Obama did with that last resolution they passed in 2016. Not every Democrat would be willing to do that, but there are some 2020 candidates that would. But regardless of all that, my only intent in bringing that up was to point out that it's one of the reasons Israel is mowing the lawn again, and that's typical.

Edited by hpslugga

1 hour ago, Johnny Sack said:

Well, if your definition of starting a war is responding to rocket attacks on your country, then yes they are.

Exactly. Well, not "exactly" exactly, but close enough.

Both sides are in the wrong a lot of the time. The Palestinians are sending bombs attached to rockets into Israel.

And if the Palestinians want to get serious about cleaning things up, they can start with Hamas.

Edited by Asithappens