Roy Miller Arrested

Patrick Bateman

He was arrested for domestic violence couple of years ago, whereby he entered into an intervention program to have the charges dropped.  This time it's for child abuse.  No bueno.

Spoiler

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - Former Jaguars defensive tackle Roy Miller spent most of Wednesday in the Duval County jail after his second arrest in two years.

Miller appeared before a judge on a charge of child abuse with a "personal weapon" (hands/fist/feet/teeth/etc.), then was released on his own recognizance -- meaning he did not have to post a bond.

Miller was entered into the jail website at 3:31 a.m. Wednesday. He was released just over 14 hours later.

"Everybody’s fine," Miller said as he left jail. "I'm not guilty. ... I have nothing else to say."

Details of the abuse allegations were mostly redacted in Miller's arrest report. The age and gender of the child were not indicated, but the report said Miller told police the child was not obeying and he twice took the child into his room. The exact form of discipline Miller used was redacted in the report, but Miller said that both times the child "never cried." 

A witness police interviewed said both trips to Miller's bedroom "lasted about five minutes" and that she did not hear "any smacks or crying."

According to the arrest report, the child told an adult who was changing the child for bed that Miller "did it because (the child) was being lazy by not picking up the trash."

Statement from Miller's attorney:

Mr. Miller did not commit child abuse. He has been involved in a difficult and contentious divorce. We are concerned that Mrs. Miller uses any opportunity to gain leverage in that case, and it is equally disappointing that a parent can be arrested for a felony for a bruise on the buttocks of someone’s own child.

2 hours ago, Tex Long said:

One of the most important lessons a child can learn - preferably at Toddler stage - can be summed up in four words: "Some people hit back".

Lesson shouldn’t be taught to them by a 260lb man. 

If on playground a fellow toddler they shove responds in kind then fine. 

A grown man beating on a toddler who poses no threat to him is ridiculous. 

1 hour ago, BrazilHorn said:

Lesson shouldn’t be taught to them by a 260lb man. 

If on playground a fellow toddler they shove responds in kind then fine. 

A grown man beating on a toddler who poses no threat to him is ridiculous. 

Didn't say Dad, Pops, Uncle Willy or any other adult should teach it. Ideally, it's taught by older sibling or cuz.

"... shove responds in kind..."? Refer to Jackson, S. L. language clarification.

So, a grown man would not be ridiculous were he to beat on a toddler with a weapon or other threatening device? Got it.

24 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

Didn't say Dad, Pops, Uncle Willy or any other adult should teach it. Ideally, it's taught by older sibling or cuz.

"... shove responds in kind..."? Refer to Jackson, S. L. language clarification.

So, a grown man would not be ridiculous were he to beat on a toddler with a weapon or other threatening device? Got it.

Not sure how you got that from my post but ok. 

1 hour ago, BrazilHorn said:

Not sure how you got that from my post but ok. 

Really? You don't recall posting "A grown man beating on a toddler who poses no threat to him is ridiculous"? 

No, not buying that - seems more likely either you don't understand English, and/or it's not your first or principal language. Or perhaps you're unbelievably obtuse. Or trolling.

Note to self:  check batteries in trolsarc meter.

Cool. Hook'em.

3 hours ago, Tex Long said:

Really? You don't recall posting "A grown man beating on a toddler who poses no threat to him is ridiculous"? 

No, not buying that - seems more likely either you don't understand English, and/or it's not your first or principal language. Or perhaps you're unbelievably obtuse. Or trolling.

Note to self:  check batteries in trolsarc meter.

Cool. Hook'em.

I was confused with you bringing in swords etc to it. 

How’s this. A grown man hitting a toddler in anger with anything (hands, feet, sword whatever the fuck you like) is ridiculous. 

I specify in anger so you don’t try to say some shit like “I shadow box my toddler, am I ridiculous”. 

I could just say “if it’s true Roy spanked his son so hard he bruised him then that’s ridiculous”

whatever works for you. This seems like a very weird hill for you to battle over.