Elizabeth Warren 2020

Hugo Stiglitz

Got curious and threw all of the RCP polls into a chart and laid some trend lines on top. She's blue obviously. She's starting to feel inevitable to me. If the trends hold (they won't, they'll slow down), she's going to pass Joe by end of year. It's not going to happen that fast IMO, but she's going to win.

I'm also a lot more encouraged when you look at Biden's line. He's sinking pretty quickly.

elfUsi7.png

Edited by BradInATX

34 minutes ago, horncyclist said:

She'll lead with this corruption message against Trump--as any nominee should--but she's the perfect candidate to deliver it.

Yep, the irony is the anti-corruption messaging has been her foundation waaaay before Trump came along.  Trump being such an overt corrupt piece of shit really opened the door for Elizabeth Warren. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

I can completely get onboard with those proposals.  Making them work is quite anywhere thing.  Who crafts, and votes on the legislation that would make that happen ?....  oh right the very people she's aiming the legislation at.

Framed the right way from the bully pulpit you could put a lot of electoral pressure on people.

1 hour ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

I can completely get onboard with those proposals.  Making them work is quite anywhere thing.  Who crafts, and votes on the legislation that would make that happen ?....  oh right the very people she's aiming the legislation at.

43 minutes ago, horncyclist said:

Framed the right way from the bully pulpit you could put a lot of electoral pressure on people.

Yeah, this is where you get that "do we want a president with real ideas or one with just 'leadership' and charisma."

Given that the shitgibbon in chief has done a lot of "thought leadership" (JFC) from his bully pulpit, I'm thinking someone with actual coherent thoughts might be a nice change.

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

Given that the shitgibbon in chief has done a lot of "thought leadership" (JFC) from his bully pulpit, I'm thinking someone with actual coherent thoughts might be a nice change.

I want to see a US President marching with striking workers.

I don't care if it's Warren or Sanders, I just want someone who will go out and literally stand with the workers against capital.

DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — Presidential candidate Elizabeth Warren has announced the endorsement of one of Iowa’s last two uncommitted Democratic elected officials, state Treasurer Michael Fitzgerald.

“She’s the one I think can address the biggest problems we have, and that is the hollowing out of the middle class,” Fitzgerald said in an interview with The Associated Press. “She’s clear, you understand her message, and I want her fighting for me and all of us.”

Fitzgerald was an early supporter of then-Sen. Barack Obama, who went on to win the presidency. Iowa Attorney General Tom Miller also supported Obama but is endorsing Montana Gov. Steve Bullock for 2020. Iowa’s last remaining uncommitted statewide elected Democrat is Auditor Rob Sand.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

Look, I like Elizabeth Warren, I really do.  She'll be a badass President.  My EW shirt is in the mail and on its way.

But the cult of personality around her at this moment in time is becoming Hillary-esque.  The "stanning" for EW is off the charts.  I worry how many people are going to be heartbroken and distraught if she doesn't win the nomination or the general. 

• Like 1

Just now, Js1 said:

Look, I like Elizabeth Warren, I really do.  She'll be a badass President.  My EW shirt is in the mail and on its way.

But the cult of personality around her at this moment in time is becoming Hillary-esque.  The "stanning" for EW is off the charts.  I worry how many people are going to be heartbroken and distraught if she doesn't win the nomination or the general. 

I'm sure many will be heartbroken and distraught.  Because she's clearly the best candidate at a time when we have a racist, sexist, narcissistic, untruthful, moronic asshat currently in office.  

• Like 4
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

I mean, we only have everything to lose.  People need to believe for this to really work.  

About three months ago, I wrote down exactly why I support Elizabeth Warren and pinned it to my twitter profile to serve as a reminder.  The 2020 election isn’t politics as usual in America. This is going to sound cheesy but this is warfare between the forces of love and hate and the outcome of 2020 will determine if we have a chance to recover from a historical catastrophe. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I mean, we only have everything to lose.  People need to believe for this to really work.  

About three months ago, I wrote down exactly why I support Elizabeth Warren and pinned it to my twitter profile to serve as a reminder.  The 2020 election isn’t politics as usual in America. This is going to sound cheesy but this is warfare between the forces of love and hate and the outcome of 2020 will determine if we have a chance to recover from a historical catastrophe. 

radio-raheem-love-hate.jpg

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Huh?  What makes it Hillary-esque rather than Obama-esque? 

• Like 3