Copa America 2019

ATLLonghorn

26 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

Vargas and Mina just tried to outflop each other. 

Mina isn't afraid to shoved someone who is in mid-air and then dive to the ground like he's been shot.

I think that he's been on the ground more than the next 3 players combined. (Can't understand why he didn't excel with Barcelona.)

42 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

The Albiceleste vs. the Seleção this Tuesday. Who ya got?

I got Otamendi picking up a yellow card.

if Dí María plays, he should be shown one for diving as he enters the pitch just to get it out of the way. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

awesome team goal. 

I'm apparently staying in a house (in the LA area) with a massive TV in my room, but with zero ability to watch TV unless you have a Sling, Hulu, Netflix, or...? account.

The fact that this game is being shown for FREE on Telemundo just doesn't matter. I was able to watch the Women's match on a tablet and have charged up my laptop and got 10 minutes of free viewing before I now need to sign up for something.

Un/Fortunately, I was able to see Brazil's goal. It was absolutely clinical in its precision. The Argentine defenders that came near the ball played like "Level 1" defenders on a video game. Brazil cut through Argentina like a surgeon was drawing up the angles. It was beautiful football to the impartial eye, but I'm not impartial.

#sad

This has the feeling of the 2007 Final where Riquelme was marked out of the game and you barely remembered that he was even on the field. In 2019, that's Messi.

7 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

Dani Alves has been great. a true captain's performance thus far. 

I thought that he was going to get away with elbowing someone in the throat and then, instead of getting a yellow or a red, he was going to draw a card on the opposition (Acuña), which he did after Acuña continued to argue with the ref. However the ref actually did the right thing and gave Alves a yellow as well. Alves is deadly on offensive, but one of the biggest bitches in the modern game when diving or committing cheap shots. I hate him, but I can understand how Swayze loves him. He can play thug ball and Barcelona ball in the snap of a finger.

6 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

ESPN+ is $5/mo. Might be an option.

It turned out that I could reboot the game and watch "10 minutes" more of the game (really just under 9 minutes after the commercials are done) and I have three different browsers on my laptop, so even if it makes me switch to a new one, I should be okay for most of the second half. Thanks though, ESPN+ might be an option going forward.

What a thing of beauty! Wow

Definitely not buying tickets to Mexico v Argentina bc Messi is quitting this team in 20 minutes and I don’t wanna pay $ for a Messi-less Argentina. 

Edited by JNip