Copa America 2019

ATLLonghorn

Man, Argentina needs a midfield (and probably defense - LOL, Otamendi) in a bad way. Who is the last world class midfield they produced?? It’s nuts thinking Brazil has players like Fabinho not even on the roster while Argentina trots out these guys.  No threat on the ball whatsoever. Argentina unlucky on the Aguero and Messi chances but wasteful in the final third for the most part. Too congested in the middle with no true width.

That shoulder check didn’t even get var! Whatevs, game was exciting, just feel bad for Messi. At least there  are a couple more games of entertaining soccer before we are waiting around for fall camp to start. 

I don’t feel bad for a multimillionaire who is more Spanish than Argentine at this point. He will quit again.

Unfortunately, while Dani Alves is still playing well, it is near the end for him. So many similarities to another great Cafu.

2 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I don’t feel bad for a multimillionaire who is more Spanish than Argentine at this point. He will quit again.

Unfortunately, while Dani Alves is still playing well, it is near the end for him. So many similarities to another great Cafu.

That 2002 World Cup team of Brazil's was insane.

Ronaldo (not poisoned by the French), Ronaldinho, Rivaldo up top and Cafu & Roberto Carlos flying up and down the wings.

Dey wuz sumpin'!

But unlike Cafu, Dani won't end with a WC medal.

How is it so cold in the summer in Brazil?

The game is in Porto Alegre, the southernmost city. It gets pretty chilly. Not uncommon to get into the 40s at night. The mountain areas north and west of Porto Alegre will get snow/ice every few years.

Peru is going to win this Copa America and you're all going to love it. 

Brazil already beat the Turkeys 5-0. I am thinking it will be closer, but Brazil will lull it out (after going balls deep).
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, WBT said:

Argentina finally beat Chile in their last game of the Copa!

Messi got sent off for allowing the chilenito to come at him three times and bump his chest and to shove him once with his arm while never advancing toward the chilenito once after initially fouling the chilenito as the chilenito was screening Messi from the ball as it was rolling out of bounds. 

1st- Messi definitely fouled the chilenito first and a whistle should have been blown and Messi called for a foul. 

2nd- The chilenito should have been shown a yellow and told that one more bitch move from him for the rest of the game and he would be gone without the slightest hesitation. 

To say that the ref overreacted is a mild understatement. 

Edited by Napoleon

There was like 2 big scuffles before those double red cards. I think the ref had had enough of everyone's shit. Plus, he has to know the history of these 2 teams, especially in the last 2 Copa Americas. 

The way they were acting when they are both captains may have gone into the bookings as well. 

21:00 chee-ka-goh

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

"We don't have to be part of this corruption. The lack of respect that they have showed us throughout this tournament. Sadly, the corruption, the referees, they don't allow people to enjoy football, they ruined it a bit. I think the cup is fixed for Brazil. I hope that the VAR and the referees have nothing to do in this final and that Peru can compete because they have the team to do so although I think it's difficult."

-- Lionel Messi, after he was sent off in an incident that began when Chilean captain Gary Medel head-butted him before halftime in the third-place game Argentina won, 2-1, at the Copa America.