USMNT 2018

Ted Lange

On 11/6/2018 at 2:22 PM, Machinator said:
DETAILED ROSTER BY POSITION (Club; Caps/Goals):
GOALKEEPERS (3): Brad Guzan (Atlanta United FC; 59/0), Ethan Horvath (Club Brugge/BEL; 2/0), Zack Steffen (Columbus Crew; 6/0)

DEFENDERS (10): John Brooks (Wolfsburg/GER; 35/3), Reggie Cannon (FC Dallas; 1/0), Cameron Carter-Vickers (Swansea City/WAL; 6/0), Aaron Long (New York Red Bulls; 1/0), Matt Miazga (Nantes/FRA; 10/1), Shaq Moore (Reus Deportiu/ESP; 3/0), Antonee Robinson (Wigan Athletic/ENG; 6/0), Jorge Villafaña (Portland Timbers; 19/0), DeAndre Yedlin (Newcastle United/ENG; 56/0), Walker Zimmerman (LAFC; 3/1)

MIDFIELDERS (13): Kellyn Acosta (Colorado Rapids; 21/2), Tyler Adams (New York Red Bulls; 7/1), Luca de la Torre (Fulham/ENG; 1/0), Marky Delgado (Toronto FC/CAN; 5/0), Romain Gall (Malmö/SWE; 0/0), Julian Green (Greuther Fürth/GER; 14/4), Sebastian Lletget (LA Galaxy; 3/1), Weston McKennie (Schalke/GER; 6/1), Darlington Nagbe (Atlanta United FC; 25/1), Christian Pulisic (Borussia Dortmund/GER; 21/9), Kenny Saief (Anderlecht/BEL; 3/0), Wil Trapp (Columbus Crew SC; 9/0), Tim Weah (Paris Saint-Germain/FRA; 7/1)

FORWARDS (2): Josh Sargent (Werder Bremen/GER; 5/2), Bobby Wood (Hannover 96/GER; 43/13)

Jonathan Klinsmann called up for United States friendlies vs. England, Italy

r408515_1296x729_16-9.jpg&w=1140&cqualit

Hertha Berlin goalkeeper Jonathan Klinsmann has been called up to the United States squad for the forthcoming friendlies against England and Italy after goalkeeper Zack Steffen and midfielder Darlington Nagbe withdrew from the team with injuries.

Klinsmann, the son of former U.S. head coach and Germany captain Jurgen Klinsmann, holds both German and American citizenship.

http://www.espn.com/soccer/united-states/story/3698794/jonathan-klinsmann-called-up-for-united-states-friendlies

/Awkward.  Just kidding.  Iirc, he was the starter for a couple of years ago in a U20 or U17 tourney.  He made some amazing plays but let in a really soft goal that caused us to get knocked out.

He has far surpassed any expectations I had for him. Always just thought of him as a spoiled son, but he has some real talent.

Absolutely horrible.  There are so many things wrong with this team.  I'm not sure any coach worth a shit is going to want to take over this dumpster fire.

I'm tired of watching Bobby Wood, with his head down, dribbling straight into 3 or 4 defenders and losing the ball every fucking time.

I'm tired of watching a team completely incapable of connecting on even the simplest of passes.

I'm tired of watching the defenders just chunk the ball down the field every time.

And I'm really tired of our piece of shit soccer confederation dicking around.  I thought we were waiting for Columbus to lose so we could get their coach???  

You cannot just bring in random players and put them in random positions with random formations and expect anything positive.  We need a system and we've somehow now gone, what, an entire year without a coach.

And holy shit, Grant Wahl just said that some coach from Spain expressed interest in the US job but was told the process was too far along for him to be considered.  What in the actual fuck?!?!?

31 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Absolutely horrible.  There are so many things wrong with this team.  I'm not sure any coach worth a shit is going to want to take over this dumpster fire.

I'm tired of watching Bobby Wood, with his head down, dribbling straight into 3 or 4 defenders and losing the ball every fucking time.

I'm tired of watching a team completely incapable of connecting on even the simplest of passes.

I'm tired of watching the defenders just chunk the ball down the field every time.

And I'm really tired of our piece of shit soccer confederation dicking around.  I thought we were waiting for Columbus to lose so we could get their coach???  

You cannot just bring in random players and put them in random positions with random formations and expect anything positive.  We need a system and we've somehow now gone, what, an entire year without a coach.

And holy shit, Grant Wahl just said that some coach from Spain expressed interest in the US job but was told the process was too far along for him to be considered.  What in the actual fuck?!?!?

Wow. The frustrating part about this is they are so secretive about the entire process. I've never been so uninterested in watching this team. I turned the stream off today at about the 75th minute. I just didn't care to watch anymore. 

So we can wait over a year to hire a coach, but not wait - however long it takes to interview someone - to ensure we've got the best coach?  I guess this is what happens when you run a monopoly and nobody has the power to demand any kind of standard.  Hell, IIRC, US Soccer barely got rid of Arena after the disaster in T&T.

1 hour ago, Captain Ron said:

On Kevin Lasagna, I hate B/R as much as the next guy, but I gotta share this for the headline alone

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2806815-who-is-kevin-lasagna-meet-the-italy-striker-with-the-best-name-in-football

On the coaching search:

To be fair, experience coaching the Spanish national team isn't really what we need.  Spain needed a guy who could squash egos and get players who are near the best in the world to play together as a team.  We need a guy who can get players to overachieve and play to our few strengths when required.  We need Jay Wright, not John Calipari.

Spain is like coaching the 92 Dream Team, or trying to get Carmelo to play a role rather than hog the ball.  

Edited by FondrenRoad

2 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

To be fair, experience coaching the Spanish national team isn't really what we need.  Spain needed a guy who could squash egos and get players who are near the best in the world to play together as a team.  We need a guy who can get players to overachieve and play to our few strengths when required.  We need Jay Wright, not John Calipari.

Spain is like coaching the 92 Dream Team.  

We won't hire that guy either

• Like 2
  • Haha 1