The Supremes

tx 3 putt

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

How about this -- YES!  The right to bear arms is a constitutional right, like the right to free speech, and the right to privacy.  So, while it may be subject to some regulation (which they already are -- need a special permit to own a full auto firearm, time-place-manner restrictions on speech are allowed, as just quick examples), it remains in place, and provides an actual right to people.

What you are looking at re abortion is as if there was a flat and complete BAN on all firearms, at all times.  NOW maybe you can start to understand the issue.  This is not a regulation of abortion, or even a limitation.  What states -- and federal GOP leadership -- are doing right now is a complete and total ban.  Not akin to regulating firearms by requiring an FFL for transfer, or special permits for full auto; rather, a full, complete, and total ban.  And shit, look at where they're going on contraception.  We're beyond an analogous ban on firearms, now the analogy goes to a ban on anything that can eventually be used as a weapon.

So, YES, compare the court's repeal of the right to privacy to the right to keep and bear arms.  NOW will you give a fuck?

But, it's not a complete and total ban.  It's like what we have now with guns - Texas says hell yes and California says no unless you jump through these 76 hoops that make it really difficult (those "reasonable restrictions")

If this comes to fruition, it's Texas says no after a heartbeat and California says yes until just before they exit the birth canal. BTW, I disagree it falls under a right to "privacy" though.  If I wanted to kill my 2 day old child and just bury it in my back yard because I didn't want it, I don't think that would fall under any "privacy" rights.  Why should 2 days before it's born be different?  or replace 2 days with 8 months...

As to the other legislation that's being drawn up, that's no different than Representatives from various states proposing anti gun laws...ok.  Just because they propose them doesn't mean they can pass OR be constitutional.

And again...I'm abortion agnostic.  But, I REALLY hate when people try to rationalize away the fact that they're terminating a human life just to mitigate the guilt they'd feel for doing that.  Accept it.  OWN it.

Hell, even RBG thought the reasoning behind RvW was a little suspect.

• Fuck You 9

4 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Anyone that DMs personal attacks to another poster does not have thick skin 

It wasn't a personal attack.  I'm just tired of her attacking anyone conservative and I hope she gets past that.  The carpet bombing of neg reps (even going over to other boards to do it) is bullshit.  I was trying to keep that offline to be polite.

• Fuck You 7

39 minutes ago, Ag with kids said:

It's amusing that this post of mine got 4 neg reps.

I guess they don't wan't all people that do illegal things to suffer consequences...or they want the law to only work in one direction.

Odd....

This man both has no dick and has somehow managed to never read the 1st Amendment.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ag with kids said:

But, it's not a complete and total ban. 

Federal legislation is already proposed.  AND, if it is not a protected right, then there is no impediment to federal legislation doing just that.  And "states rights" be damned.  So, you're being disingenuous as fuck.  Nevermind your characterizations of gun laws in states, not a single one of which has a blanket ban on firearms the way that places like Texas now do on abortion.

And YOU believe that a fetus is a human life.  Many, many people do not.  Many religions do not (especially including judaism -- life begins at "breath" -- remember how y'all love to trumpet that we are a "nation of judeo-christian values?  Funny how y'all jettison the "judeo" so easily. 

There is still a protection of the ability to own a firearm.  That is not being taken away.  It CANNOT be taken away.

Our right to make our own reproductive choices, of women to control their own bodies?  That right is GONE.  VANISHED.  IT DOES NOT EXIST.  And that can go as far as you might imagine...and farther.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

The legality of peacefully standing outside the home of a SCOTUS justice and chanting is really not a hard question. It's absolutely legal.

• Hook 'Em 4

21 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

As a left-leaning quasi-liberal, it might surprise @Ag with kids that I generally agree with Heller.  I do wonder in what world he thinks it's a gotcha when a law is overturned by SCOTUS, thus increasing citizen's rights, as compared to the case at hand, in which a prior ruling is overturned, thus LIMITING citizen's rights?  It seems the two cases had opposite effects.

Well, see...you're right.   Preborn children aren't citizens.

Of course, neither are the illegals crossing the border right now.

I think it would be wrong to kill the illegals.  As well as the preborn children.

But...I understand why women have abortions and I'm not opposed in many cases.

Not the illegals though.  No killing them unless they commit shitty crimes.

Hmmm...I care about non citizens more than other non citizens...

• Fuck You 13

13 minutes ago, Ag with kids said:

It wasn't a personal attack.  I'm just tired of her attacking anyone conservative and I hope she gets past that.  The carpet bombing of neg reps (even going over to other boards to do it) is bullshit.  I was trying to keep that offline to be polite.

“You’re a sad person” isn’t a personal attack? 

image.gif.9c4066bae0548a59a87552eedc3dc52e.gif

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Ag with kids said:

I think it would be wrong to kill the illegals.  As well as the preborn children.

Hey Einstein define pre-born child for us

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

The legality of peacefully standing outside the home of a SCOTUS justice and chanting is really not a hard question. It's absolutely legal.

So...you think there can't be any restrictions on assembly?

Or speech?

Or guns?

Because some restrictions are legal.  California has tons of them on guns.  Ok...I wouldn't live there, but let them do them.  Speech is the same.  As is assembly.

• Fuck You 3

9 minutes ago, Ag with kids said:

How magnanimous of you.  You're not always opposed to women's personal decisions about their own bodies.   We aren't asking for your approval.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ag with kids said:

So...you think there can't be any restrictions on assembly?

Or speech?

Or guns?

Because some restrictions are legal.  California has tons of them on guns.  Ok...I wouldn't live there, but let them do them.  Speech is the same.  As is assembly.

What can I say? I'm the kind of citizen who believes in free speech. You must be the other kind.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Ag with kids said:

You're comparing a collection of cells with the potential to become a human being someday with a fully-formed, self-sustaining human being equipped with the full range of human consciousness, feelings, and emotions.  I understand that you're an aggy, but are you actually so stupid as to believe this to be even a remotely reasonable analogy?

16 minutes ago, Ag with kids said:

Very magnanimous of you, but it's not your business.

Edited by TexArcher
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Federal legislation is already proposed.  AND, if it is not a protected right, then there is no impediment to federal legislation doing just that.  And "states rights" be damned.  So, you're being disingenuous as fuck.  Nevermind your characterizations of gun laws in states, not a single one of which has a blanket ban on firearms the way that places like Texas now do on abortion.

And YOU believe that a fetus is a human life.  Many, many people do not.  Many religions do not (especially including judaism -- life begins at "breath" -- remember how y'all love to trumpet that we are a "nation of judeo-christian values?  Funny how y'all jettison the "judeo" so easily. 

There is still a protection of the ability to own a firearm.  That is not being taken away.  It CANNOT be taken away.

Our right to make our own reproductive choices, of women to control their own bodies?  That right is GONE.  VANISHED.  IT DOES NOT EXIST.  And that can go as far as you might imagine...and farther.

I'm not christian...do you not read my posts?  NOTHING I post has to do with religion, so PLEASE stop trying to drop that drivel on me.

I'm a deist.  Full Stop.

However, even the medical industry says that a zygote is an early state of human growth and development.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zygote

Part of a series on
Human growth
and development

So...do you not believe the science?

• Fuck You 9

Your opinion on why women have abortions is of no consequence. Stay the fuck out of other peoples lives. It’s none of yours or anyone else’s business.
  • Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, Ag with kids said:

I'm not christian...do you not read my posts?  NOTHING I post has to do with religion, so PLEASE stop trying to drop that drivel on me.

I'm a deist.  Full Stop.

However, even the medical industry says that a zygote is an early state of human growth and development.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zygote

Part of a series on
Human growth
and development

So...do you not believe the science?

Most five-year-olds are smarter than this.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, hpslugga said:

To quote Tywin Lannister:

Any man who must say “I have a thick skin” has no thick skin.

I give zero shits about what you think about me.  Or my views.

I'm just here to expound upon them.

I realize I'm on the Burnt Orange Democratic Underground here in the CR.  You've pretty much run off all the conservatives, so you have your happy echo chamber.  I'm even friends with one of your former posters that actually played football for y'all back in the 90s.  He said he left here was because of this.  Both he and I agreed the level of discourse has devolved from Hornfans to Shaggy to here.

If I had thin skin I wouldn't even try to reply here, since every post I make gets several hate posts and neg reps...solely because you disagree with me.

• Fuck You 5

Biological science is not a particularly politically correct topic these days. 

The reality is that we are in a late middle stage of societal failure at this point.  Plan according. Or don't. Gonna get fun around the bend. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

An egg is an early stage of chicken growth and development.

But it is not a chicken.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, Ag with kids said:

You think DM'ing a personal attack is "polite" as opposed to being to cowardly to publicly say what you're thinking.  Which god knows you can do.  You certainly like expressing your views on women's personal decisions.  

3 minutes ago, Ag with kids said:

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Ag with kids said:

I realize I'm on the Burnt Orange Democratic Underground here in the CR.  You've pretty much run off all the conservatives, so you have your happy echo chamber.  I'm even friends with one of your former posters that actually played football for y'all back in the 90s.  He said he left here was because of this.  Both he and I agreed the level of discourse has devolved from Hornfans to Shaggy to here.

If I had thin skin I wouldn't even try to reply here, since every post I make gets several hate posts and neg reps...solely because you disagree with me.

This is a blueprint for "thin skin".  Stop worrying about the political makeup of the CR, you're wrong, regardless.  The people who have been "run off" (correctly, "who ran along") are staunch party-over-truth advocates and most decent human beings don't put up with that shit.

You pick which side you want to be on.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

An egg is an early stage of chicken growth and development.

But it is not a chicken.

A non-fertilized egg?  Yep.

A fertilized egg?  Nope.

No one is saying that having a period is killing a child.  It's a non-fertilized egg.

• Fuck You 3

41 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Federal legislation is already proposed. 

Hell, there are some states that are at least talking about trying to ban the surgical removal of an ectopic pregnancy. You have to either be a special kind of stupid or a special kind of evil to support such a thing. 

41 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Jewish law says:

-First 40 days of gestation: “mere fluid”
-Remaining days until birth: it’s “the mother’s thigh” or “part of the body.

If someone wants to say “a fetus is a living being because that’s my opinion,” that would be one thing. Citing religious doctrines that don’t even say what they say that it says? That’s just a special level of dishonesty.

Edited by hpslugga
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

A non-fertilized egg?  Yep.

A fertilized egg?  Nope.

No one is saying that having a period is killing a child.  It's a non-fertilized egg.

You completely missed the point.  Hang on while I find my shocked face.

Look, man, this really isn't going well for you.  Not because I disagree with you, but because you're about as good at rhetoric as a small child is at MMA.  Why don't you run on back to your Texags Fox News echo chamber and send over the smartest guy y'all got?

Edited by TexArcher
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

This is a blueprint for "thin skin".  Stop worrying about the political makeup of the CR, you're wrong, regardless.  The people who have been "run off" (correctly, "who ran along") are staunch party-over-truth advocates and most decent human beings don't put up with that shit.

You pick which side you want to be on.

Ok...so, I've had NUMEROUS responses to the posts I've made.  ZERO have been from conservatives.

And no...they were run off.  But, apparently I'm willing to try and have discussions with y'all.  But, if y'all do what y'all did the last time and neg rep me into purgatory (yes...those are the thin skin people) I doubt I'll give enough shits to come back to the CR.  DT and the Food and Travel are interesting to me.

Party over truth...that just makes me giggle.  As if 98% of the posters in the CR don't vote Democrat.

I pick my side.

• Fuck You 4

8 minutes ago, hpslugga said:

Hell, there are some states that are at least talking about trying to ban the surgical removal of an ectopic pregnancy. You have to either be a special kind of stupid or a special kind of evil to support such a thing. 

Jewish law says:

-First 40 days of gestation: “mere fluid”
-Remaining days until birth: it’s “the mother’s thigh” or “part of the body.

If someone wants to say “a fetus is a living being because that’s my opinion,” that would be one thing. Citing religious doctrines that don’t even say what they say that it says? That’s just a special level of dishonesty.

Religion is a dumb way to view this.

I choose science.

• Fuck You 3

6 minutes ago, Ag with kids said:

Ok...so, I've had NUMEROUS responses to the posts I've made.  ZERO have been from conservatives.

And no...they were run off. 

No, they weren't.  That's a big claim.  If you think they were banned, prove it.  

For fuck's sake you are a beating.  Sorry I'm so uncivil.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

7 minutes ago, Ag with kids said:

Party over truth...that just makes me giggle.  As if 98% of the posters in the CR don't vote Democrat.

I pick my side.

Addressing this half:  you need to wrap your head around the concept that R vs D is no longer conservative vs liberal -- it's traitor vs patriot.  I mean that.  If you vote R in this day and age, you are essentially a traitor.  

There are many many former Republicans on CR who see the current party for what it is and will no longer align.  That's not on them, that's on you.  Wrong side of history and all that.  But hey, gig heil.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Ag with kids said:

And no...they were run off.  But, apparently I'm willing to try and have discussions with y'all.  But, if y'all do what y'all did the last time and neg rep me into purgatory (yes...those are the thin skin people) I doubt I'll give enough shits to come back to the CR.  DT and the Food and Travel are interesting to me.

I pick my side.

I can’t help but notice that you ignored my response to you which was not an attack on you or any of the rest of the self-righteous horseshit you’ve constructed in your head about this thread. 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Look, man, this really isn't going well for you.  Not because I disagree with you, but because you're about as good at rhetoric as a small child is at MMA.  Why don't you run on back to your Texags Fox News echo chamber and send over the smartest guy y'all got?

Nicest guy in prison, tallest building in Plains, GA, etc

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

No, they weren't.  That's a big claim.  If you think they were banned, prove it.  

For fuck's sake you are a beating.  Sorry I'm so uncivil.

No...Never said they were banned.

But, when you get neg repped (especially by a certain poster) into purgatory it gets annoying.  I've actually lost 50 reps since I posted on here tonight.  And if you haven't noticed...I Am the ONLY conservative on here..  While I was typing this post I got another 12 notifications to my posts.  I will assume at least half of those were neg reps.

Y'all should be happy that someone is actually willing to engage with y'all to break up the circle jerk.

But...I realize the circle jerk is pretty much what everyone here wants...maybe not you, though.  So I do appreciate that.

• Fuck You 5

2 minutes ago, sidis said:

I can’t help but notice that you ignored my response to you which was not an attack on you or any of the rest of the self-righteous horseshit you’ve constructed in your head about this thread. 

Dude...I'll go back and try to find it.  I've been blindsided left and left since I posted.

I wasn't trying to ignore you.  But, 30 against 1 is difficult odds...

• Fuck You 3

18 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

I generally listen to NPR and POTUS on Sirius...

Neither one is remotely conservative.  Or even middle of the road.

But keep your stereotypes going!

• Fuck You 3

I Am the ONLY conservative on here.. 

Oh cry me a fucking river.  No, you aren't.  It's just your turn in the trenches.  One of your buddies will be along soon, clutching pearls and whining in their manliest voice about how they're being mistreated.

Try thinking for yourself for once.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Addressing this half:  you need to wrap your head around the concept that R vs D is no longer conservative vs liberal -- it's traitor vs patriot.  I mean that.  If you vote R in this day and age, you are essentially a traitor.  

There are many many former Republicans on CR who see the current party for what it is and will no longer align.  That's not on them, that's on you.  Wrong side of history and all that.  But hey, gig heil.

Well...obviously there's nothing to talk about now since you've crossed the line.

I wish you well in life.  Sincerely.

• Fuck You 3

4 minutes ago, Ag with kids said:

Dude...I'll go back and try to find it.  I've been blindsided left and left since I posted.

I wasn't trying to ignore you.  But, 30 against 1 is difficult odds...

Stop Board Discussioning the CR.  

• Hook 'Em 1