Jump to content
Snacks

2019 - 2020 Houston Rockets Thread of Heroes Taking Shots

Recommended Posts

On 8/26/2019 at 10:44 AM, TexArcher said:

Rockets 19/20: Turnovering a New Leaf

ROX2020 : FUCK IT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Welcome to the Men’s Club Rockets 2020

No love for Treasures? I'm sure they both will see lots of activity this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's a pretty good list of guys looking for a job/ring that could help for the vet min.  The 3 i would like most are luc, thabo, and felton. Young is probably a better shooter than Green, but i'm happy with Green.

Edited by HtownHorn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

That's a pretty good list of guys looking for a job/ring that could help for the vet min.  The 3 i would like most are luc, thabo, and felton. Young is probably a better shooter than Green, but i'm happy with Green.

I didn't realize the Rockets had 3 roster spots open. I am good with those 3. Luc and Thabo for defense and Felton as a spare ballhandler who actually knows how to play next to Russ.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, UDontKnow said:

I didn't realize the Rockets had 3 roster spots open. I am good with those 3. Luc and Thabo for defense and Felton as a spare ballhandler who actually knows how to play next to Russ.

Maybe they don't have the roster space, but I would take those guys over McLemore, Hartenstein, and Clark.

Ideally you have your rotation

Starters -> Westbrook, Harden, House, Tucker, Capela

Bench -> Rivers, Gordon, Green, Nene, and Chandler

The guys that would be battling for one of the remaining spots

McLemore, Clark, Bennett, and Hartenstein.

I would take the 3 I mentioned over those 4 guys. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone who says Morey isn't an awesome GM is a tard.

Quote

The Memphis Grizzlies want to trade Andre Iguodala. This much was made obvious when The Athletic's Shams Charania reported that they would not engage buyout talks for the veteran forward, but making a trade work with the teams most closely linked to Iguodala came with complications. Iguodala is set to make nearly $17.2 million this season. Any team acquiring him would need to send out at least 80 percent of that figure in a deal, but most contenders don't have $13.8 million or so in salary lying around to give away. 

That changed on Wednesday when Bobby Marks of ESPN reported the details of one of the most creative contracts in NBA history. The Houston Rockets signed 36-year-old backup big man Nene, who only played 13 minutes per game last season, to a two-year, $20 million contract. If that number looks suspicious to you, it should. The Rockets aren't really going to pay him $20 million. They just exploited an obscure rule in the league's collective bargaining agreement to inflate his salary number to such a degree that a player who went unsigned in free agency for over two months could serve as legally acceptable cap filler in a potential Iguodala trade. 

So how did they do it? Here are the three basic tenents of the contract, which we will break down in more depth one by one. 

  • Only $2.56 million of the contract is guaranteed. While Marks did not give a complete number, it can be assumed that the exact figure is $2,564,753, the minimum salary for a veteran of Nene's experience. 
  • The remaining $7.44 million of Nene's $10 million cap figure is based on incentives that the NBA deems "likely."
  • The second year of the contract only becomes guaranteed on Feb. 15, 2020, nine days after the trade deadline. 

Let's start with incentives. They are, for many smart teams, the salary cap's greatest cheat code. There are two kinds of contractual incentives in the NBA: likely incentives, and unlikely incentives. An incentive is deemed likely if the criterion was met in the previous season. If it wasn't, the incentive is deemed unlikely. That is the only determining factor for an incentive's likeliness, and it is how teams exploit incentives to manipulate the cap. 

...

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/how-rockets-manipulated-the-salary-cap-to-create-a-trade-asset-out-of-thin-air-become-favorites-for-andre-iguodala/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate to say it but damn, we still have Splash/Clank Gordon on the roster? Fuck. We going to have Westbrook tossing up those late game bricks from way downtown already...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Zavala said:

I hate to say it but damn, we still have Splash/Clank Gordon on the roster? Fuck. We going to have Westbrook tossing up those late game bricks from way downtown already...

They extended him too. His contract runs through Westbrook and Harden's contracts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

gordon is a good player and essential to this team.  GTFO with that shit.

they signed thabo sefolosha.  team is going to be pretty good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

gordon is a good player and essential to this team.  GTFO with that shit.

they signed thabo sefolosha.  team is going to be pretty good.

He averages about 4 pts and has had some drug issues and he is 35 years old.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Bevo said:

He averages about 4 pts and has had some drug issues and he is 35 years old.

Although he can hit the occasional corner 3, not bringing him on for his scoring. You know this. He was suspended once for 5 games for violating the anti-drug policy. Why are you making him sound like he is some repeat offender? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Zavala said:

I hate to say it but damn, we still have Splash/Clank Gordon on the roster? Fuck. We going to have Westbrook tossing up those late game bricks from way downtown already...

The hope is that Westbrook will not resort to Hero Ball since there will be other bonafide scoring options with him late in the game. Gordon really needs to go back to the 6th man role to make him efficient for this team (and especially as he ages).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Although he can hit the occasional corner 3, not bringing him on for his scoring. You know this. He was suspended once for 5 games for violating the anti-drug policy. Why are you making him sound like he is some repeat offender? 

That 5 game suspension happens after your third violation.

Edited by Bevo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

The hope is that Westbrook will not resort to Hero Ball since there will be other bonafide scoring options with him late in the game. Gordon really needs to go back to the 6th man role to make him efficient for this team (and especially as he ages).

westbrook.gif

He used to shit games away with DURANT open to pass too.. I donno..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bevo said:

That 5 game suspension happens after your third violation.

I stand corrected. Hope he stays clean and doesn't consume anything beyond really pure Swiss chocolates.

I do think he can still play the role of defensive stopper in limited minutes. A PJ-Thabo platoon isn't something to scoff at.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

For Russ it’s between the ears. Maybe the change in team, city and hierarchy allows him to excel. 
 

or it will be a floating dumpster fire. 

The only hope I have is this is Hardens team and Westbrook and Harden have been friends since they were kids. Both desperately want rings and both should at this point in their careers realize that their window is closing and that doing the same things they have always done won't lead to a ring.

Other than that I got nothing...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Officially signed Thabo. Now go get Iggy and win it all.

I don’t think you rush to sign Iggy. Let the season play a few months and see who is available 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haven't the Grizz said multiple times they won't buy him out? I'd love that instead of a trade just thought they wouldn't go that route and force teams to trade for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

In the above article they claim we can't trade for Iggy until 12/15 

Yes, they are likely the only team that is currently able to salary swap with the Grizzlies. The Rockets don't need Iggy until March anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Haven't the Grizz said multiple times they won't buy him out? I'd love that instead of a trade just thought they wouldn't go that route and force teams to trade for him.

The NBA nixed that clever Nene deal, so we don't have anything the Grizz want to match salary. Unless someone like Shump is willing to sign a 1 year 12m deal, and then agree to waive half of it in a buyout for Memphis (which is probably against the rules / colluding), I don't think we are trading for him. If he gets released, there's no telling where he chooses to go. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Fuck Morey. Costing your employer millions for a feel good woke moment. Great fucking job. 

If he had a personal problem with China he had ample time to let his employers know and sit out/ don’t make the trip in protest. 

To sabotage your employers business relationship for your personal self promotion is beyond pathetic.

Edited by ChickenSandwich

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think everyone agrees with Morey's stance, but how stupid do you have to be to tweet that out. You knew there'd be backlash over it. And now you may lose your job. Was it really worth it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Fuck Morey. Costing your employer millions for a feel good woke moment. Great fucking job. 

Douche move. 

Funny how late stage capitalism has morons itt defending an authoritarian communist regime because "muh profits"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BigXII said:

Funny how late stage capitalism has morons itt defending an authoritarian communist regime because "muh profits"

He’s been going to China pre-season for years. Rockets are heavily sponsored by China. He seemed to be just fine with it all these years (taking the money). 

Zero issue with his beliefs, but it’s hypocritical to now find your conscience

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

He’s been going to China pre-season for years. Rockets are heavily sponsored by China. He seemed to be just fine with it all these years (taking the money). 

Zero issue with his beliefs, but it’s hypocritical to now find your conscience

sounds like you don't know what hypocrisy is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...