Texas opens as a 7 point underdog @ Iowa State

TexasMan

1 minute ago, Al_4_ISU said:

We didn’t deserve that. Beat the fuck outta Baylor. Win your bowl. I’m drowning in happy booze

Well we didn't either. That was definitely a game between two underachieving teams.

By the way your kickers weren't nearly as bad as advertised.

Hope you win your bowl as well, congrats on the win!

• Like 1

Great time in Ames — except for the game, of course. Thanks to@Al_4_ISU for the recommendations. Very friendly fans all weekend. Highly recommend Texas fans make the trip up there.

One thing, though. I’ve taken away game trips every year for last 30 years and I’ve never seen so many down horns. It’s like they taught a class at ISU and told everyone to do it. Not in a mean spirited way, though. After doing, most of them wanted to buy you a shot. So a win-win, I guess.

• Like 1

Great time in Ames — except for the game, of course. Thanks to[mention=1238]Al_4_ISU[/mention] for the recommendations. Very friendly fans all weekend. Highly recommend Texas fans make the trip up there.

One thing, though. I’ve taken away game trips every year for last 30 years and I’ve never seen so many down horns. It’s like they taught a class at ISU and told everyone to do it. Not in a mean spirited way, though. After doing, most of them wanted to buy you a shot. So a win-win, I guess.

I’ve seen the whole thing explode ever since last year’s controversy. We don’t think Texas is a rival, it’s just an opponent specific taunt.

Glad you had a good time!

3rd trip to Ames,  ISU crowd friendly but for sure some whining at ref calls, based on history hard to blame them. Not sure wtf Herman was doing during the first half on offense. Ran the ball over and over even though it was not working at all. 2nd half when Herman finally decides to pass the ball its a different game. Waay more horns down then I have seen previously......

will make the trip again, parking was a long walk since the grass parking was closed this year. Overall I recommend Ames to see a game.

• Like 1

Yes! As instructed. Fun dive bar. Back of bartenders shirts said it well - “Welcome to the Shit show”. Quite a few Texas fans there. I like that they have Happy Hour from 7am to 10am weekdays. Holy hell.

It’s for third shifters at the factories on the east side of Ames.

Glad you made it. It’s not the full ISU experience without a Tip Top stop.

16 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I’ve seen the whole thing explode ever since last year’s controversy. We don’t think Texas is a rival, it’s just an opponent specific taunt.

Seems reasonable to me.  Only time it really gets annoying is when teams do it when they’re not even playing UT.  Or in aggy’s case, when they haven’t played us in years.

Seems reasonable to me.  Only time it really gets annoying is when teams do it when they’re not even playing UT.  Or in aggy’s case, when they haven’t played us in years.

It pissed me off when some dork did it on Gameday when we were playing Iowa. Doing it any time other than playing Texas is Aggy AF.

I’ve done it when we’re playing, but it wasn’t directed at Texas fans, and it was never under delusion of rivalry. I respect your program and fanbase, but I still hope we whoop your ass.

I’ve holstered the gun for Tech, and thumbs downed for Aggy. The inverted hand signal is low hanging fruit.
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

It pissed me off when some dork did it on Gameday when we were playing Iowa. Doing it any time other than playing Texas is Aggy AF.

I’ve done it when we’re playing, but it wasn’t directed at Texas fans, and it was never under delusion of rivalry. I respect your program and fanbase, but I still hope we whoop your ass.

I’ve holstered the gun for Tech, and thumbs downed for Aggy. The inverted hand signal is low hanging fruit.

As we've discussed before, for many Texas fans it's no different than giving the finger.  You should expect the same reaction if you direct it toward Texas fans.  It's meant as an insult and it is taken as such.  Just want to be clear on that.

If you're in the stands and doing it in a general way, knock yourself out I guess.  Just know that you look exactly like a Sooner when you do so. :)

As we've discussed before, for many Texas fans it's no different than giving the finger.  You should expect the same reaction if you direct it toward Texas fans.  It's meant as an insult and it is taken as such.  Just want to be clear on that.
If you're in the stands and doing it in a general way, knock yourself out I guess.  Just know that you look exactly like a Sooner when you do so.

When we start doing it on the news broke down on the side of the highway, we’ll look like Sooners!

Obviously going up to a Texas fan and doing it in their face/towards them is a form of “fuck You”.

9 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Someone up thread had quoted that same post and predicted a game winning kick. That guy should start buying Powerball tix

I figured y’all were going to roll us.  Would have been better than watching our guys step on their dicks over and over for 3 hours to come up just short. Actually, I guess if you are told to blitz from Des Moines and you just can’t quite get there, it’s not really the players fault.  

On 11/11/2019 at 7:45 AM, ajax said:

Maybe we'll beat them by 7 points a last second field goal.

I mean, I was kinda right.

Hey Tom, what would you do if you're leading by a point late in the 4th quarter and you have the ball?....Wait, what? Shut down the offense and try to burn clock? What are you, retarded?

4 hours ago, Landomatic said:

It was excessive. Every time they showed fans on the video board, they were doing the horns down. Every single Texas fan around me commented on it. It's trashy, and it was disappointing to see that from so many people. I kept wondering what the fuck we had ever done to Iowa State that made them act so trashy. We aren't rivals, and we never will be. It was really childish.

People were really nice to our faces, particularly older fans. Just really was amazed at the booing and the horns down.