Jump to content
bschoolprof

Videos of USC offense

Recommended Posts

My guess is there are lots of UT fans that have not watched much of the USC offense this year.  Here are some game highlight clips (couldn't find any of just the USC offense - sorry).

I didn't want to put this in the 2020 coaches thread because there's a lot of shit flinging there.  This thread is just for comments/thoughts Harrell's offense at USC. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

take everything with a grain of salt. I remember a few years ago, people were hyped about Tulsa's offense and Sterling Gilbert.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sterling Gilbert’s offense was pretty damn good considering the personnel. Even with the piss poor talent on that side of the ball, we could at least run the ball. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the spread passing attack and its potential for our offense - we were best this year when we went hurry up and just let Sam and the WRs play without too much thinking - that's the basis of the Air Raid.  

One thing that does worry me a bit is I'm not in love with the run scheme in most of these highlights.  Harrell is no Lincoln Riley in that regard.  The runs seem to be mainly some kind of outside zone or jet sweep action.  It's very perimeter based.  That's stands in stark contrast to Herman's love affair with inside zone come hell or high water.  It will be interesting to see (if we get Harrell) whether there's a blending of our current run concepts or we go full Harrell.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Do we have our own Pittman and Amon-Ra? I kid, kind of. Eagles could be Pittman, but Amon-Ra is a beast of a man. 

Hell, we don't even have a Bru McCoy.

 

 

 

Or do we? Did he go home because Mehringer... or because LeachTree OC?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

Hell, we don't even have a Bru McCoy.

 

 

 

Or do we? Did he go home because Mehringer... or because LeachTree OC?

Let's see if he tempts fate and tries to portal until he's out of eligibility lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

This is presumptive. I hope you aren’t karmically jinxing us. 

Who really gives a fiddler’s fuck?  If we fail, we can hire Urban or some other slimy scumbag cocksucker who wins.  We are playing with house money, papi!  Giddy up, let’s go win some motherfucking games.  You know, the opposite of that hair challenged cunt at McGregor St. who quit on John Denver and his jort wearing, couch burning, prick bastard following from coal miner territory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

does he run the read option? because non of our current qbs or qb commits can throw like slovis & fine.........cam rising wouldve been perfect for harrells offense

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, bschoolprof said:

I like the spread passing attack and its potential for our offense - we were best this year when we went hurry up and just let Sam and the WRs play without too much thinking - that's the basis of the Air Raid.  

One thing that does worry me a bit is I'm not in love with the run scheme in most of these highlights.  Harrell is no Lincoln Riley in that regard.  The runs seem to be mainly some kind of outside zone or jet sweep action.  It's very perimeter based.  That's stands in stark contrast to Herman's love affair with inside zone come hell or high water.  It will be interesting to see (if we get Harrell) whether there's a blending of our current run concepts or we go full Harrell.  

They wouldn’t even consider Harrell unless they were contemplating some sort of shift/fusion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

Is it just me or does this thread seem a little premature?

Yeah, let's wait until a hire has been made to have an informed opinion of the candidates!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really don’t like being in this race with USC to see who is the less dysfunctional program. It unsettles me greatly. If we lose said race, I will curse this fucking thread for the next several days as it sits on the front page mocking us all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is not supposed to be a thread celebrating our "new" OC.  It was just a place to fill in some details of the offense of the leading candidate, which I'm betting most of us have not seen much this year, unlike say LSU and Brady.  The 2020 coaches thread is kinda all over the place, which I why I didn't put it there.  

Perhaps I should have named it "videos of OC candidate offenses."  I don't know how to change it - if anyone does, let me know.  

Edited by bschoolprof

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, NowThis said:

take everything with a grain of salt. I remember a few years ago, people were hyped about Tulsa's offense and Sterling Gilbert.

Same with Sonny Cumbie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bschoolprof said:

This is not supposed to be a thread celebrating our "new" OC.  It was just a place to fill in some details of the offense of the leading candidate, which I'm betting most of us have not seen much this year, unlike say LSU and Brady.  The 2020 coaches thread is kinda all over the place, which I why I didn't put it there.  

Perhaps I should have named it "videos of OC candidate offenses."  I don't know how to change it - if anyone does, let me know.  

I wouldn’t worry about Negomatic. You did good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Prepare your neganus....

Harrell offense looks like WCO with bigger splits and more deep shots. Shawn Watson approves?

I didn't see much running. Not aligned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Snacks said:

Harrell offense looks like WCO with bigger splits and more deep shots.

So....Air Raid?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will come back and watch once Harrell is on the staff. Looks like Herman is about to shit the bed again if rumors are true that Harrell is staying at USC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DanTheHorn said:

I will come back and watch once Harrell is on the staff. Looks like Herman is about to shit the bed again if rumors are true that Harrell is staying at USC.

The hire should have been made last year. At this point, I wouldn’t blame Harrell one way or the other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, bschoolprof said:

One thing that does worry me a bit is I'm not in love with the run scheme in most of these highlights.  Harrell is no Lincoln Riley in that regard.  The runs seem to be mainly some kind of outside zone or jet sweep action.  It's very perimeter based.  That's stands in stark contrast to Herman's love affair with inside zone come hell or high water.  It will be interesting to see (if we get Harrell) whether there's a blending of our current run concepts or we go full Harrell.  

If the rumors about him bringing Jeff Traylor are true, I would have no concerns about this.  Our run scheme under Traylor in 2015 was extremely innovative and successful, even without having a QB that could throw a forward pass.

Examples:

jZgWRB.gif

r8qWkW.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...