OU Recruiting 2021: David Boren's Fondle Force

texifornia

Just now, Hank_Hill said:

So you're saying if you were better you would have won by more points? What a fucking concept. It's like, exactly what the post you were responding to was pointing out. Words are hard for the uneducated.

And how many one score losses has Texas had? Have honest reflection time and hit me back. Texas is just good enough to get beat. Thatā€™s it.Ā 

• Fuck You 20

5 minutes ago, Mr_Robot_ulism said:

And how many one score losses has Texas had? Have honest reflection time and hit me back. Texas is just good enough to get beat. Thatā€™s it.Ā 

This implies that this board is not acutely aware of how much we've sucked for the better part of the last ten years

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, ChampionshipLevelPiss said:

This implies that this board is not acutely aware of how much we've sucked for the better part of the last ten years

I donā€™t care about the neg rep, itā€™s all good Iā€™m ready for football. One thing we can agree on is Texas A&M may have the most delusional fan base in football.Ā 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 15

9 minutes ago, Mr_Robot_ulism said:

Maybe due to the fact that turnovers were historically poor for the OU defense.Ā Or maybe, Hurts had fumble-itis on the offensive side (it happens).

I assume you mean the defense creating turnovers?Ā Ā And the defense and Hurts were so bad at those things in 2019 that it caused a 4Ā year trend? that's some shit.Ā 

So we're going to blame turnovers for the oneĀ score games, right?Ā  Bad luck on the D and slippery-handed Hurts. Right?Ā 

The 2016 OU team had 17 turnovers and played in only one 1 score game. That same 2016 team only had 17 takeaways. Hmmm. What could possibly be the difference between 2016 and 2019, given similar numbers? Could it be that defense was an actual priority at practice at OU in 2016 and that Stoops valued physical football while Riley favors incredibly high reps to increase offensive execution, to the detriment of his defense?Ā Could it be that Schmidt while a total cockface, is an excellent S&C coach that helps build strong physical players while Bennie Wylie is coming off a reality TV show and leaves a trail of soft injured football teams in his wake?Ā  Probably not.Ā 

Wait, why is that OU continues to be humiliated on the national stage against teams with comparable talent?Ā  I'll help you. It's a complete lack of physicality.Ā 

Ā 

14 minutes ago, Mr_Robot_ulism said:

Good teams win close games, Texas hasnā€™t shown the penchant to do it.

Agreed.Ā 

14 minutes ago, Mr_Robot_ulism said:

Also, Texas has more meth users and mobile homes than Oklahoma.Ā 

A state of 30MM people has more meth users and mobile homes than a state that doesn't even have 4MM people? FFS, you have less people in the entire state thanĀ there are greater Houston. Also, don't be fucking obtuse and/orĀ disingenuous, meth (and opioid)Ā abuse is a very realĀ  problem in Oklahoma and the stereotype exists for a reason. Be better than this tired 2001-era BBS bullshit.Ā 

Ā 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mr_Robot_ulism said:

It's almost like -- and help me with the timeline here -- Texas is coming off the single worst coach in program histor, we fired that guy and he went on to get fired from USF because he's fucking terrible at his job and we had to rebuild from the ground up.

So again - a simple couple of questions.Ā 

Do you think Texas is better today than they were in 2016?Ā Ā 

Do you think Oklahoma is better today than they were in 2016?Ā 

Now,Ā  let's try a quick exercise take the 2016 and 2020 Texas rosters and combine them and let me know how many guys from 2016 are on the depth chart.Ā Now do the same for OU.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, golfclap said:

It's almost like -- and help me with the timeline here -- Texas is coming off the single worst coach in program histor, we fired that guy and he went on to get fired from USF because he's fucking terrible at his job and we had to rebuild from the ground up.

Now,Ā  let's try a quick exercise take the 2016 and 2020 Texas rosters and combine them and let me know how many guys from 2016 are on the depth chart.Ā Now do the same for OU.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I assume his response and your subsequent reply will be something along the lineĀ of this:

Ā 

• Hook 'Em 2

29 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

What a bullshit excuse for Texas' consistent sucking in relation to expectations. Do you want to review Texas' recruiting classes year over year with Oklahoma and the rest of the Big 12? TexasĀ currently has, and has consistently had, for the last 20 years the most talent on paper of any program in the Big 12.

WeĀ can blame poor evaluations and coaching for forever but at the end of the day there is just something rotten in the state of Denmark. I don't know if it is Austin, the administration, the sense of entitlement that comes from being at the flagship school in Texas but something is wrong. You cannot pin this on Charlie Strong because Oklahoma has been eating Texas' lunch on the national stage for 50 years.Ā 

With the exception of a 10 year period between 2000-2009 the last 50 years of Texas football haveĀ barely exceeded mediocrity and for you to sit here and prognosticate the downfall of yourĀ rival because, while they have won 5 straight conference championships, they have ONLY been winning close games these last couple years is fucking horseshit.Ā 

The first three years of Lincoln Riley's time at Oklahoma have been 36-6. Tom Herman has been 25-15. How does one excuse that difference considering the comparable talent?

2020 may be a whole new story but until proven otherwise I will bet upon Texas shitting the bed.

Ā 

Now, to answer your questions:

Texas is better as a program than they were going into 2016. All available data confirms that.Ā I do not know whether Texas will have a better year than they did in 2016 but the program is better.

Oklahoma is better as a program than they were going into 2016. All available data confirms that. I do not know whether OklahomaĀ will have a better year than they did in 2016 but the program is better.

Ā 

If your only solace is that Oklahoma has been winning close games then you probably need to take off the orange colored glasses and do more than a simplemindedĀ single varied analysis Oklahoma's trajectory.

Edited by Handsome Pete
  • Fuck You 22

And yet UT has both won a national title and played in a national title game more recently than your "school".Ā  You do win the Big XII a lot, you just faceplant on the national stage every time.Ā  Congrats?Ā  Blowu is certainly a nice regional power.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Scholz said:

And yet UT has both won a national title and played in a national title game more recently than your "school".Ā  You do win the Big XII a lot, you just faceplant on the national stage every time.Ā  Congrats?Ā  Blowu is certainly a nice regional power.

Texas isnā€™t even a power in, well Texas.Ā 

• Fuck You 19

6 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Ā 

1 minute ago, Mr_Robot_ulism said:

Texas isnā€™t even a power in, well Texas.Ā 

Beat me to it

• Fuck You 22

40 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

So you agree that when Texas has no talent itā€™s not the programā€™s fault or are you saying that Texas consistently does the least with the most? Either way, there is a reason the nation makes fun of Texas, at least they only make fun of one side of the ball of OU. Wait, what was Texas 2019 total Defense ranking. Oof.....97th? OU 38th? And that is with one safety and a midget playing NB and getting lit up by LSU. Ā But you do you.Ā 

• Fuck You 17

A good Oklahoma is good for Texas and a good Texas is good for Oklahoma. I mean there are three kind of fluky things that kept the two programs from winning half of the national titles in the 2000-2010 decade.Ā 
Ā 

Jason White gets hurt and canā€™t throw a forward pass in 2004. OU loses by 7.

Colt gets hurt against Alabama in 2010 after moving the ball dominately prior to injury.

Demarco Murray gets hurt in 2009 on a kick return in game already won that keeps him out of the national championship game. OU has several red zone trips ending in goal line stands by Florida.

Could easily have been 5 nattys in 10 years between the two. Hopefully Herman gets his shit together because it brings more respectability to the conference. Iron sharpens iron.Ā 

Ā 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Let me stop you right fucking here, dipshit. At sentence one. Are you really attempting to claim that extremely poor, neigh, some of the worst possible coaching available is a poor excuse for not winning games on the football field? And then you're going to sit there and pretend that citing higher recruiting rankings actually PROVES that shitty coaching directly correlates to shitting fucking football teams? What're you, suggesting there's some magic force-field around Austin takes talented kids and makes them shitty once they move into the dorms? As opposed to just...shitty coaching? Tell me again what happened when Bob Stoops took over a talented program that had been run into the ground by shitty coaching by year 2?Ā 

Oh, sorry, I just got to your second paragraph and that is indeed what you're suggesting. And you threw in a notion that you've beating eating Texas's lunch on the national stage for 50 years yet somehow you don't even have 50 wins total in the entire series. Listen, we'll give you the 2000s (7-14) because Charlie is the worst program coach ever and Mack Brown was a gutless pussy.Ā 

The 90s Texas was 7-2-1.

80s; Texas was 4-5-1

70s: 6-3-1

I'm going to go ahead and do some math for you really fast, because you're from Oklahoma. That's a record of 24-24-3. That's literally fucking TIED the last 5 decades. So, riddle me this, sister fucker, how would YOU define "Eating someone's lunch on the national stage." Go ahead, we'll wait. Please, explain your definition.

While you're at it, feel free to paint us a picture of "oklahoma's trajectory" as you see it, using whatever data points you have. Is continuing to win the Big 12 while Texas has been weak AF and getting your shit pushed in the playoffs? Because I don't know how to tell you this, ace, but that isn't exactly an upward trajectory. A plateau, however...

I would consider the "national stage" to be more than head to head competition although head to head is a factor. Along with head to head I would consider total wins/losses, conference championships, national championships, all-americans, AP rankings, BCS appearances, New Years Day bowl apperances, Heisman winners etc.

By what metric has Texas been superior on the football field to Oklahoma in the past 50 years?

I don't know how to explain the massive failure that Texas has experienced for five decades when compared to what I consider reasonable expectations. How do you?Ā 

Edited by Handsome Pete
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 12

1 minute ago, Handsome Pete said:

I would consider the "national stage" to be more than head to head competition although head to head is a factor. Along with head to head I would consider total wins/losses, conference championships, national championships, all-americans, AP rankings, BCS appearances, New Years Day bowl apperances, Heisman winners etc.

By what metric has Texas been superior on the football field to Oklahoma in the past 50 years?

I don't know about 'superior' - but on the football field they are, well,Ā tied over the last 50 years.Ā  Sydney just pointed this out.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Handsome Pete said:

What a bullshit excuse for Texas' consistent sucking in relation to expectations.

Is Charlie Strong the worst coach in Texas program history? Relation to which specific expectations? Right now Herman exceeded my expectations in 2018. By far. In 2019 he failed miserably. He made moves to correct that, now we see what will happen. I'm sure that you feel like Riley made a good move in getting rid of Mike to hire Grinch, right?Ā 

Ā 

7 minutes ago, Handsome Pete said:

The first three years of Lincoln Riley's time at Oklahoma have been 36-6. Tom Herman has been 25-15

Now do the 3 years leading up to each of them taking over. Go on.Ā 

Ā 

7 minutes ago, Handsome Pete said:

Oklahoma is better as a program than they were going into 2016. All available data confirms that.

Show me. Pull up the 2 deep and show me.Ā 

8 minutes ago, Handsome Pete said:

while they have won 5 straight conference championships

I tip my cap to Bob Stoops on this one.Ā 

He made winning the BigXII the alpha and omega of the OU program and used that to appease the media and a fan base that never really questioned him for never getting back to the national title game. FFS Mack Brown took Texas to 2 MNC games and won one of them post-Stoops 2000 title and you'll only hear scorn for what a terrible job Mack did with all that wasted talent.Ā 

The kids being recruited today weren't alive the last time OU played for a national title. IDGAF about BigXII titles because no one fucking cares. I cannot tell you who won the conference (or any of the others) in any random year but I can tell you who won the MNC each and every year.

Congrats on your numerous BigXII titles and being appeased by them.Ā 

20 minutes ago, Handsome Pete said:

You cannot pin this on Charlie Strong because Okahoma has been eating Texas' lunch on the national stage for 50 years.Ā 

That's funny - I swear that while I was in school (starting in 89) that we sent your overratedĀ asses packing for an 8-2-1 run and while I haveĀ a hard time remembering because I'm old --Ā wasn't that run in the last 50 years? I guess OU must've won the rest of the games in the series in the other 40 years to be eating our lunch on the national stage. What is that overall record again? 62-48-5? Crazy. It's amazing that OU has dominated that matchup so much. Oh, wait Texas has the 62 wins? Oh. Well, I'm sure with the 5 straight BigXII titles that OU must be on at least a 5 game run, right? Eating our lunch and all. OU has a 3-2 edge in the RRR? Hmm.

Ā 

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

I'm not the one who claimed superior. I made zero claim. I asked you to defend a claim of "Eating our fucking lunch on the national stage." So the onus is on you to do that fucking leg work, typically. So you feel free to go back and do the fucking math on all the shit you mentioned. But it's probably going to end up closer than most people would call "Eating someone's fucking lunch" on a national stage. Of course, conference titles during the Mack Brown area and then Charlie strong can...follow me here...get fucking tied RIGHT BACK into the concept of shitty fucking coaching. So lets not forget that your initial premise was "Shitty coaching is a poor excuse for losing football games."

Why don't you fucking defend that fucking premise, you ignorant fucking dipshit. Because there's one thing I will claim superiority here, and that's the quality of our education and the caliber of the IQ of our fucking graduates. And exhibit A in that fucking defense is "Shitty coaching is a poor excuse for losing football games." Exhibit B is the net worth of our fucking state, and Exhibit C is stop fucking your immediate family members and go fuck yourself instead.

Last 5 decades have been OU 27-21-3. Superiority

• Fuck You 19

15 minutes ago, ocugolf said:

A good Oklahoma is good for Texas and a good Texas is good for Oklahoma. I mean there are three kind of fluky things that kept the two programs from winning half of the national titles in the 2000-2010 decade.Ā 
Ā 

Jason White gets hurt and canā€™t throw a forward pass in 2004. OU loses by 7.

Colt gets hurt against Alabama in 2010 after moving the ball dominately prior to injury.

Demarco Murray gets hurt in 2009 on a kick return in game already won that keeps him out of the national championship game. OU has several red zone trips ending in goal line stands by Florida.

Could easily have been 5 nattys in 10 years between the two. Hopefully Herman gets his shit together because it brings more respectability to the conference. Iron sharpens iron.Ā 

Ā 

2008/09 is more like if Texas doesnā€™t get fist fucked by the media/coaches and put behind a OU team they beat by 10 points.Ā 

• Hook 'Em 2

22 minutes ago, Handsome Pete said:

Last 5 decades have been OU 27-21-3. Superiority

Listen. First, I love how the first time someone asked you to show your work based on the metrics you laid out, your lazy ass goes back to simplistic head to head wins. Thanks for proving THAT stereotype to be correct. But to be clear, you're saying a 6 win difference over 50 years is superiority? Perhaps even qualifies as "eating someone's lunch on a national stage," per you?Ā 

If you say so. In 51 games, that is a .529 winning percentage. That is, BARELY more than half. But ok, we'll go by your definitions. So what exactly does that make Texas's .561 all time winning percentage? Can we call that "Texas can show up and buttfuck any member of our family at will because they're literally better at us at anything of value" superiority?Ā 

There's just so much stupid. I'd say go and get your shinebox, but by all accounts it seems like you've eaten all of the polish.Ā 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

While accurate, this gif fails to take into account the value of my own petty catharsis. I can afford to buy a new chess set, I'm not from Oklahoma.Ā 

This doesn't even acknowledge thatĀ they spent their meth money on WrestleMania PPVs, not knowing they were going to have to pony up $60 to see Oklahoma take on Missouri State.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Insert Leper Messiah joke here ________.Ā 

It's fucking annoying that we can't get at least a couple moreĀ Sooner fans to come and actually talk recruiting (like quigley)Ā without going full butthurt and getting crowdsourced. they read surly constanlty and post updates from us all the time,Ā and talk shit about me, but I have yet to neg a single one. (that I can think of)Ā Ā ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆĀ 

golfclapmessiah.png

Ā 

Edited by golfclap
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

It's fucking annoying that we can't get at least a couple moreĀ Sooner fans to come and actually talk recruiting (like quigley)Ā without going full butthurt and getting crowdsourced. they read surly constanlty and post updates from us all the time,Ā and talk shit about me, but I have yet to neg a single one. (that I can think of)Ā Ā ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆĀ 
golfclapmessiah.png
Ā 

I negged one today. The ā€œfuck youā€ felt so petty and wonderful.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, golfclap said:

golfclapmessiah.png

Ā 

I've negged them all today.Ā  ChiDoc, Constant and Quigley have never received a neg from me.Ā  It's the tee shirt sooners who are struggling to get their GEDs that knuckle drag their way in here that I neg.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Agreed. I only neg trolls. If they come in and talk shit with actualĀ discussion, nothing but respect (and a healthy dose of rival hate).Ā  It's the posters that sign up and spew off five or six quick posts with rampant misspelled words and disregard for actual debate that get a neg from me at this point. Then I neg every post they make to speed up the process.

• Hook 'Em 6

4 hours ago, golfclap said:

...why is that OU continues to be humiliated on the national stage against teams with comparable talent?Ā  I'll help you. It's a complete lack of physicality.Ā 

While physicality is usually associated with defense, you canā€™t ignore the fact that an outstanding offense doesnā€™t just depend on great skill position play, it also depends onā€”more often than notā€”being physical and winning the line of scrimmage. And for several years, OU has done just that. Generally, their quarterbacks have time to throw; their running backs have holes; and their receivers have time to run routes.

Take the 2018 playoff game against Georgia, for example, who was ranked 6th in the nation in total defense, allowing an average of 168 yards passing and 126 yards rushing. OU gouged their defense for 289 yards passing and 242 yards rushing. Ā And you donā€™t do that without being physically dominantĀ and controlling the line of scrimmage.

Now, you might have a point if youā€™re only referring to their defense. But even then, I think you are mistaken when you say ā€œOU continues to be humiliatedā€¦against teams with comparable talentā€.Ā 

Losing previously to Alabama by 11 points and Georgia by 6 points is disappointing (for Sooner fans), but not humiliating. And as far as the ā€œcomparable talentā€ comment, last yearā€™s LSU team had 14 players drafted to OUā€™s 4.

So yes, LSU embarrassed OU last year. No, the talent wasnā€™t comparable.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Cacti said:

While physicality is usually associated with defense, you canā€™t ignore the fact that an outstanding offense doesnā€™t just depend on great skill position play, it also depends onā€”more often than notā€”being physical and winning the line of scrimmage. And for several years, OU has done just that. Generally, their quarterbacks have time to throw; their running backs have holes; and their receivers have time to run routes.

Take the 2018 playoff game against Georgia, for example, who was ranked 6th in the nation in total defense, allowing an average of 168 yards passing and 126 yards rushing. OU gouged their defense for 289 yards passing and 242 yards rushing. Ā And you donā€™t do that without being physically dominantĀ and controlling the line of scrimmage.

Now, you might have a point if youā€™re only referring to their defense. But even then, I think you are mistaken when you say ā€œOU continues to be humiliatedā€¦against teams with comparable talentā€.Ā 

Losing previously to Alabama by 11 points and Georgia by 6 points is disappointing (for Sooner fans), but not humiliating. And as far as the ā€œcomparable talentā€ comment, last yearā€™s LSU team had 14 players drafted to OUā€™s 4.

So yes, LSU embarrassed OU last year. No, the talent wasnā€™t comparable.

Thereā€™s some misleading shit here. I donā€™t remember the GA game that well, but losing to ā€˜bama by 11 was a game that was never, never in doubt and a team that took their foot off the gas in the second half. Then they scored at will when necessary. Anyone who watched that game knows how it went. It was a raw buttfucking starting at 21-0 in the first quarter.Ā 
Ā 

we understand your stance, however. We recently fisted Georgia for 3.5 quarters and they scored some garbage points and we had to listen to the media spin how close the score was...well the score ainā€™t the story. Scoring in garbage time donā€™t make a shit. And the garbage time in that bama game was two and a half quarters.Ā 
Ā 

GA might have been a legit game though. Then again we just havenā€™t found GA all that impressive a team but thatā€™s just our opinion, man.Ā 

5 hours ago, Mr_Robot_ulism said:

He is no NFL QB....lol, he is a FB or TE in the NFL.Ā 

He can't be any worse than Baker Mayfail. Dude has OBJ, Jarvis Landry, and Nick Chubb, and still managed 21 INT's with a qb rating of 78. Jesus Christ. It's just the natural regression when you only know 2 plays.Ā 

• Hook 'Em 1