XFL - St. Louis Battlehawks vs Dallas Renegades - ESPN

MillerEP

Just now, cabowabo said:

Why are they playing in a baseball stadium instead of the Soccer (Toyota) stadium?

Because retard. In the same parking lot as the Dallas fucking Cowboys. Not even considering the possibility that you might draw a different crowd at a better location for minor league football. 

3 minutes ago, 'stache said:

The colors, helmet, uniform, all of it is terrible for Dallas. I don't get how some of you like it. It's attrocious. They would look terrible in the arena league standards, and that's pretty bad.

mdleast says it looks like Dallas Skyline and the Carolina Panthers had a baby. 

St Louis looks like an Air Force alternate jersey. 

Just now, ButtFumble said:

that was what I was about to post

$10 million into a stajium that will be torn down soon for a league that is just starting....insane

That's the thing, they aren't going to tear it down. They are going to try and force events in there. This, a minor league soccer team, and some concerts apparently. Arlington sucks so bad, I see if it you are going to see the Cowboys 8 times a year. I never understood it for MLB, but okay, it's professional and can draw people in. But minor leagues and concerts? Maybe I didn't live in DFW long enough to get the draw to fucking Arlington. The few times I was there was depressing as fuck. 

1 minute ago, Vito Andolini said:

My understanding is the building will not be torn down, but all the external structure will remain as office space. Might as well use the interior as an athletic field

I can only imagine how productive that workforce must be during events.

I had completely dismissed the XFL as soon as it was announced they'd give it another go round but I'm kinda digging it. Love the mics on the replay officials and the point after rules. I doubt it lasts more than a season or two but I hope the NFL takes a hard look at what they're doing, XFL has some interesting ideas

6 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

now that some of you are talking about the stajium I do remember reading some of that stuff about using the office space....obviously I immediately forgot it as well

I wonder if bob commutes from his palatial estate in OK

e58ce816ccf2ac9e40bf6574e4c20ddc.jpg

1 minute ago, NateHitch said:

I had completely dismissed the XFL as soon as it was announced they'd give it another go round but I'm kinda digging it. Love the mics on the replay officials and the point after rules. I doubt it lasts more than a season or two but I hope the NFL takes a hard look at what they're doing, XFL has some interesting ideas

They set aside enough money to make it last at least 3, but no clue after that. At leaqst the cleared the big hurdle which was getting legit tv rights.