LTtxfan

2020 Texas HS football

Got a call last night that my step-son’s position coach tested positive. They did four days of conditioning with him last week. Conditioning is suspended for 14 days.

How are we ever going to actually go back to school in the fall ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, Mac8111 said:

Got a call last night that my step-son’s position coach tested positive. They did four days of conditioning with him last week. Conditioning is suspended for 14 days.

How are we ever going to actually go back to school in the fall ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"School's out for summer"

"School's out forever"

"School's out completely"

There's no way that the UIL lets some schools play, is there?  

I mean, seems like it would be a lot easier to manage on a 35-man squad in a small town than an 86-man squad in DFW...

12 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

There's no way that the UIL lets some schools play, is there?  

I mean, seems like it would be a lot easier to manage on a 35-man squad in a small town than an 86-man squad in DFW...

Unless something drastically changes for the better I just don't see any football played this year. 

Any way UIL pushes football to spring for this year? I just don't see happening before October at earliest. When flu season starts anyone with fever is out for weeks with this.

On 6/27/2020 at 7:45 AM, Laga4 said:

Unless something drastically changes for the better I just don't see any football played this year. 

Yeah.  Unfortunately I have to agree with this.  It'd be great if there was a way to swap calendar locations of football and baseball.

If the students and staff all have to be six feet away from each other, the normal stuff just won't happen.

May not matter if there’s not a season, but I just read that sophomore QB Chris Parson transferred from Duncanville to Red Oak. Parson was Ja’Quinden’s backup last season and started in the state championship game against North Shore after JJ was injured in the semis. He was expected to be Duncanville’s QB this season.

https://www.waxahachietx.com/news/20200626/red-oak-gains-soph-transfer-qb?template=ampart