Surly #Stonks

Wally Fairway

7 minutes ago, Shut up Lou Holtz said:

What time are they announcing? I’m guessing surly will go down again and I won’t know when the announcement is! 

http://ir.tetratec.com/2020-04-21-TETRA-Technologies-Inc-Announces-First-Quarter-2020-Earnings-Release-Conference-Call-and-Webcast

If you get in remember this is a pump and dump. Get out Monday EoD. Don't hold into Tuesday, it will drop if you get to close to the sun. The earnings report will be bad

I've lost all my gains from yesterdays and am slightly red right now, so if you buy in right now under .45 you'll do better than me

If you get caught bag holding though... you could change your perception to it as a long. SOMEDAY oil will bounce back and you'll make money.

1 hour ago, RCRanger03 said:

If you get caught bag holding though... you could change your perception to it as a long. SOMEDAY oil will bounce back and you'll make money.

The old “when a trade becomes an investment” strategy.  Been there, done that paid a lot of tuition along the way.

• Like 3

Today was redder than mars but i came in all barely in the green except for that bastard SHIP...

Risky play of next week:

Rumors that MVIS may get acquired by Microsoft, but all they are is rumors at this point. There is also a reverse split worry... Conference Call on Thursday 5/7 shoulf make it an interesting week

It ran from .38 to over .50 then back down to low .40s and now its back up to almost .50

If TTI profits like i hope on Monday I may get in for a DECN/UAVS style pump and dump, but if you want to get in look for a dip sell off on Monday morning of people taking profits from the after-hours run its been on today. There looks to be good support around .44 so if you see that its probably a decent price. As always sell before the call

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

Today was redder than mars but i came in all barely in the green except for that bastard SHIP...

Risky play of next week:

Rumors that MVIS may get acquired by Microsoft, but all they are is rumors at this point. There is also a reverse split worry... Conference Call on Thursday 5/7 shoulf make it an interesting week

It ran from .38 to over .50 then back down to low .40s and now its back up to almost .50

If TTI profits like i hope on Monday I may get in for a DECN/UAVS style pump and dump, but if you want to get in look for a dip sell off on Monday morning of people taking profits from the after-hours run its been on today. There looks to be good support around .44 so if you see that its probably a decent price. As always sell before the call

Picked up mvis earlier today. Hoping that rumor about projectors is good enough to run things up a bit

This is almost a perfect setup for the pump and dumps.  The first run up was probably the first wave of newsletter promotions buying in.  Once their interest died off the stock price dove because no more interest (would love to see a drop in volume back to its previous levels for confirmation).  The second run to .50 is people like us getting in ahead of this "fabulous announcement".

Even better is to look back on a 1 or 2 year chart and see if there's not a big spike to something like $5 or at least $2.  That's when the insiders and the promoters bought hundreds of thousands of shares in the 0.000001 range before the 100,000 : 1 reverse split.  If you see that, then damn sure bet this fucker is going to run; but you better be quick on the draw.

UAVS was an absolute beut of a setup.  When RCRanger03 mentioned it last weekend and I looked at that chart I had conviction that a guy could safely buy in at 0.75 and get out at 3.00 minimum.  And that's why I didn't play it because I hate making money on #stonks - apparently.

Added:  MVIS has been around forever.  I think they have been a shale oil company, a blockchain company, no doubt a pharmaceutical, among other things.

Edited by Fudge Nuggets
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, RCRanger03 said:

I wouldn’t be sure about that. I competed directly with them for a decade and they weren’t worth a shit then either.  And that’s when they had nice assets that are all long gone. Everyone has suspended their decomm campaigns, and I priced one of their old assets last week at sub-2005 prices.  Shit has gotten real in that market.   Dont get caught holding this one imo. I’ve got a bunch I need to dump so hoping something sparks up late Monday, but definitely not holding my breath. 

Speaking of MVIS, the $1.00 call option expiring in two weeks might be a more profitable play. Cost is $0.05  (lulz, $5.00 per contract) based on the Friday close. If the stock runs up over $1 in the pump fest, the return on the options will far exceed what you make owning the shares. Obviously your investment will go to zero if the stock doesn't move, but this seems to be the darling of the day over at r/pennystocks, so it might get the same treatment heading into Thursday that UAVS did. Hell, even at various points on Friday you could have picked up those same options at $0.02-$0.03. If I can get in at $0.05  or lower at Monday's open, that might be the prudent #STONK play. 

I haven't really been too active the last couple of weeks, although I did pick up some  more SOXS $11 May 15th calls on Thursday to get my average cost down to $1 (originally jumped in last week). This is my second shot at SOXS options, the first did not go well. When it runs, it runs hard, so we'll see if it pays off this time. 

Edited by Blotto

I wouldn’t be sure about that. I competed directly with them for a decade and they weren’t worth a shit then either.  And that’s when they had nice assets that are all long gone. Everyone has suspended their decomm campaigns, and I priced one of their old assets last week at sub-2005 prices.  Shit has gotten real in that market.   Dont get caught holding this one imo. I’ve got a bunch I need to dump so hoping something sparks up late Monday, but definitely not holding my breath. 
Oh believe me I'm selling most of mine Monday at $0.65 - $0.75 even if it's still on the rise and i think it can get there. Ill keep a small amount to see if it can break $0.8 and if so the next resistance is a dollar.

I will own no shares come market close Monday and thats what I've been advocating. Just don't sell for pennies if you did miss the mark.

MVIS is picking up steam earlier than I expected... i have a few hundo not tied up that i might drop on the dip Monday if its there. Limit order at $0.47 .

On 3/26/2020 at 11:43 AM, 4thgenhorn said:

Dumped last of my TSLA shares yesterday. It’ll prob rally long term and I might buy in again at some point, but wanted to book some profits this week based on the recent rally. It’s volatility was a bit distracting for me, so it’s gone. 

Ouch!  I hope you made a huge profit.   I understand buying naked calls.  That's easy.  Where I get confused is buy to open or sell to open naked puts.  Right now May 15th puts $700 are going for 48.35 Bid.  If you BUY TO OPEN what is the profit/loss if it goes to $800 or down to $600 

2 hours ago, BevoSwag said:

Ouch!  I hope you made a huge profit.   I understand buying naked calls.  That's easy.  Where I get confused is buy to open or sell to open naked puts.  Right now May 15th puts $700 are going for 48.35 Bid.  If you BUY TO OPEN what is the profit/loss if it goes to $800 or down to $600 

Only the seller (underwriter) of can be naked or covered. 

As a buyer you have no obligation to exercise your option, so your maximum loss is the premium price (48.35 per contract), no matter if you bought calls or puts.

If you bought a put with $700 strike price, and stock price is $600, the intrinsic value is (700-600)=$100.  The actual value an be much more due to (time) value and implied volatility.

If the stock price at $800 makes the option far out of the money,  the contract goes to $0.

Of course with Teslas volatility, anything fucking goes.  Same day expiry put on Tesla that was $50 out of money was worth $1 day at 8am, then $3 at 9am, then $40 bucks after Elon made his tweet at 10am, then reached $70 I think at 11am, before expiring at intrinsic value of $50 (obviously)

On 5/2/2020 at 11:40 AM, Blotto said:

Speaking of MVIS, the $1.00 call option expiring in two weeks might be a more profitable play. Cost is $0.05  (lulz, $5.00 per contract) based on the Friday close. If the stock runs up over $1 in the pump fest, the return on the options will far exceed what you make owning the shares. Obviously your investment will go to zero if the stock doesn't move, but this seems to be the darling of the day over at r/pennystocks, so it might get the same treatment heading into Thursday that UAVS did. Hell, even at various points on Friday you could have picked up those same options at $0.02-$0.03. If I can get in at $0.05  or lower at Monday's open, that might be the prudent #STONK play. 

I haven't really been too active the last couple of weeks, although I did pick up some  more SOXS $11 May 15th calls on Thursday to get my average cost down to $1 (originally jumped in last week). This is my second shot at SOXS options, the first did not go well. When it runs, it runs hard, so we'll see if it pays off this time. 

This is what I’m hoping for on mvis. I picked up $1 call for $.01 with May 15th exp. We will see if it takes off like uavs. If r/pennystocks is going nuts for it I’m sure it will pump with everyone jumping on the bandwagon. Reddit is all about bandwagon. If we can profit off it then cool

Edited by Shut up Lou Holtz

19 hours ago, Shut up Lou Holtz said:

This is what I’m hoping for on mvis. I picked up $1 call for $.01 with May 15th exp. We will see if it takes off like uavs. If r/pennystocks is going nuts for it I’m sure it will pump with everyone jumping on the bandwagon. Reddit is all about bandwagon. If we can profit off it then cool

I hope you bought a shitload of those, because they are going to print nicely. 

4 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I missed this one, was tied up from some stuff last week I didn’t want to let go after Friday’s blood letting.   Hopefully can find some on a dip tomorrow?  But yeah, nice 85% right now lol. 

Consolidation right around .81, if you want to get in probably going to creep through Wednesday. I almost sold 50% of my stake at $1.05 to secure investment earlier but was too slow.

Edited by RCRanger03

JPow trying to take away all of your puts

https://www.newyorkfed.org/newsevents/news/markets/2020/20200501

The Primary Market Corporate Credit Facility (PMCCF) was established to support credit to large employers for bond and syndicated loan issuance. The PMCCF will allow companies access to credit so that they are better able to maintain business operations and capacity during the period of dislocations related to the pandemic.

Translated to english - the Fed will soon start buying Corporate bonds, to support the credit markets and to support corporate issuers.

1 hour ago, Wally Fairway said:

JPow trying to take away all of your puts

https://www.newyorkfed.org/newsevents/news/markets/2020/20200501

Translated to english - the Fed will soon start buying Corporate bonds, to support the credit markets and to support corporate issuers.

Explains why BA was able to issue billions at a fairly low rate last week.

Pulled my investment and still making money on MVIS  (It's flying in the AH)

Made 100% money on MARK

Lost a little money on SHIP

Bag holding TTI... gonna live dangerously and see what tomorrow brings since I'm so green on MVIS

Made 30% on MARK.  I am setting my trailing stops too tight on these things, left some MARK money on the table, and really fucked myself with UAVS by missing a big gap up day of the conference call after getting stopped out of it before close.

I guess this isn’t the worst problem to have, but still a problem. Ive left far, far more money on the table than I’ve physically lost, and a little less than what I’ve made.   So basically I get out about 2x as fast/low as I should.  Working on that, haven’t figured a great way to gauge it yet.  Makes me sick to do the calcs of what “could of been”. And I understand it’s not likely to get out at the top every time, but 75% of peak would be nice. 

I guess this isn’t the worst problem to have, but still a problem. Ive left far, far more money on the table than I’ve physically lost, and a little less than what I’ve made.   So basically I get out about 2x as fast/low as I should.  Working on that, haven’t figured a great way to gauge it yet.  Makes me sick to do the calcs of what “could of been”. And I understand it’s not likely to get out at the top every time, but 75% of peak would be nice. 
Profit is profit man. "What could have been" doesn't exist because that also could be "what could have been if i had sold in time"

I always limit my potential profit by pulling my investment but that allows me to play loose with remaining shares. Hence how I scored a $5 sale on UAVS and got stuck with a big bag reinvesting on "the dip" with DECN.

Keep picking winners safetly and you'll build enough capital to make bigger bets early which will allow you to leave more in for the runners

2 hours ago, RCRanger03 said:

Aww yisssssss

TTI earnings beat projections by 125%. Thus my bagholding becomes moneybaggin

I was able to get out of this one for a measly 2% but with Yuuuuge volume so at least I freed up some cash and didn’t take my lumps yesterday at .41. I was close wanting to free up some cash to potentially catch a dip on MVIS today.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RCRanger03 said:

Aww yisssssss

TTI earnings beat projections by 125%. Thus my bagholding becomes moneybaggin

I got in on the TTI bandwagon ... Thanks for the tip.  (wasn't able to make a G tho, so the meter is still running for the Lag)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wally Fairway said:

How much do we think DIS will go up today, based on their bad numbers reported?
I know it's red now, but history says IAPI and up, up, up the markets and Stonks will go ⬆️

I figure DIS will move after they report, but I don't know which way - so for $1,800 I decided on a 5-8 expiry 101-108 strangle; which virtually guarantees that it will never move more than $1 off $105.

Someday, hopefully soon, I will actually figure out that I don't know shit from shinola.....but today is not that day.

5 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

How much do we think DIS will go up today, based on their bad numbers reported?
I know it's red now, but history says IAPI and up, up, up the markets and Stonks will go ⬆️

I got back in on 102 May 19 and 95 Jun 19 at the high today so it will probably skyrocket based purely on good Disney+ numbers since good things matter and bad things like 1/3 of your revenue generation sitting on the sidelines for the better part of a quarter are #pricedin.  

2 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Get out of MVIS now.  My 1.48 order filled and I am a total fucking jinx at the moment.

8 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

stop loss trigger on MVIS dropped into the 1.20s

Fudge Nugget is the Branding Iron of stocks.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Continental Op said:

I got back in on 102 May 19 and 95 Jun 19 at the high today so it will probably skyrocket based purely on good Disney+ numbers since good things matter and bad things like 1/3 of your revenue generation sitting on the sidelines for the better part of a quarter are #pricedin.  

I don't disagree - the put side of my strangle is up right now, I'm thinking about selling before the close and hold the call to see what tomorrow brings.