3/15 Debate Thread - Joe Biden's CNN Coronation?

bad_teammate

Grumpy-Old-Men.jpg

Predictions?

Mine:
- Joe will beat senility-level expectations and be just cogent and clear enough for CNN to declare him imminently fit for the presidency.
- Bernie will let multiple openings for nasty attacks pass.
- Joe will either outright lie about his own policies or express a severe misunderstanding of them on multiple occasions.
- Bernie will come across better, to little/no effect on voting outcomes.
- Joe will claim to have been responsible for something he wasn't.

200315115401-cnn-debate-podiums-large-16

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

Man... would've been nice to have one of those under-75 centrists against Bernie here.

Say what you will about Biden (and I would likely agree with a lot of it), he has by far the best chance of beating Trump.  And that’s 99% of what matters in 2020.  

Edited by BrickHorn
  • Like 5

Just now, HRSchenker said:

What the fuck is Biden talking about? We had 4 or 5 cases of Ebola in America. We didn't call the military into Dallas.

Joe is awesome at heightening the stakes and aggrandizing his position in events. Very useful political tool.

Just now, bad_teammate said:

giphy.gif

Yeah.  He is.

Bernie and others can hate the "too big to fail" line all they want, but it was absolutely true.  Had AIG fallen, the entire world economy would've gone with it.  And AIG's problems weren't of their own making -- they got caught holding the bag on credit default swaps that weren't rated correctly for a lot of reasons.  And AIG paid back the entire loan, with interest, years ahead of schedule.

Just now, TexArcher said:

Yeah.  He is.

Bernie and others can hate the "too big to fail" line all they want, but it was absolutely true.  Had AIG fallen, the entire world economy would've gone with it.  And AIG's problems weren't of their own making -- they got caught holding the bag on credit default swaps that weren't rated correctly for a lot of reasons.  And AIG paid back the entire loan, with interest, years ahead of schedule.

Just this last thing alone is complete horseshit. Those paybacks were at sub-inflation interest rates and paid back with other government loans.

4 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Just this last thing alone is complete horseshit. Those paybacks were at sub-inflation interest rates and paid back with other government loans.

No, they weren't.

You can like someone and not choose to be wrong along with him.

Edited by TexArcher

2 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

But imagine Trump trying to argue a policy position. It would just be, “Wrong.” Or, “nasty, nasty person.”

"We're gonna have all the best policies.  Policies?!  Nobody knows more about policies than me, believe me."