2020 Fuck Fantasy Football

Iceman

4 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Dallas, NYG, Detroit, Cincinnati, Dallas. Those are the games you’re referring to. 4 teams that’ll probably draft in the top 8 with bad defenses (except the giants. They have a respectable defense). Matchups matter. You might be right, but I have a sneaky suspicion that he’s about to put up 5 points or less. 

Booker scored 5.6 so I’m really pushing it with this call right here. 

Huge TD run by Aaron Jones to salvage the day, but the way the fucking shit eating fudge Packers use him is infuriating and makes me question what I'm going to do with him in the fantasy playoffs. Hopefully I can secure a bye (need help) and not have to worry about him in week 14.

Fuck you Davante Adams owners!!

accurate thread title is accurate.  Fuck this season right in the ass

unless a miracle happens will probably miss the playoffs while leading the league in points.  will come in 1st or 2nd in points against.  Fucking last place team will have beaten me twice setting their season high in points each time we played.  there, feel better now.

1 hour ago, gyroprotagonist said:

accurate thread title is accurate.  Fuck this season right in the ass

unless a miracle happens will probably miss the playoffs while leading the league in points.  will come in 1st or 2nd in points against.  Fucking last place team will have beaten me twice setting their season high in points each time we played.  there, feel better now.

man that's rough. I feel you, I have terrible luck in fantasy despite a near religious devotion to research and matchups etc. I'm the only person in my 20 yr league that hasn't won the damn thing.  This year I have the overall best teams in both my leagues and will likely earn a bye but I expect to get screwed in the playoffs again.

13 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Ha, fucking @youdunnf'dup got lucky. Gibson died after 2 carries. 

Fantasy, man. 

Your definition of lucky is different than mine lol. Even if I do somehow sneak into the playoffs in that league, now I’m down Gibson. Frustrating week for what I needed to happen. 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

12 hours ago, Gourmand said:

man that's rough. I feel you, I have terrible luck in fantasy despite a near religious devotion to research and matchups etc. I'm the only person in my 20 yr league that hasn't won the damn thing.  This year I have the overall best teams in both my leagues and will likely earn a bye but I expect to get screwed in the playoffs again.

last place guy put up 165 on me with A. Cooper left to go.  I have 139 with Justin Tucker left.  Need about 7 50yarders is all.  meanwhile there are dipshits winning games 88-64, 81-76 and a possible 94 all tie.  I should increase my points lead on the rest of league to 100 points over 2nd place, but yeah, fall to 6-7.

good luck the rest of way

10 hours ago, gyroprotagonist said:

last place guy put up 165 on me with A. Cooper left to go.  I have 139 with Justin Tucker left.  Need about 7 50yarders is all.  meanwhile there are dipshits winning games 88-64, 81-76 and a possible 94 all tie.  I should increase my points lead on the rest of league to 100 points over 2nd place, but yeah, fall to 6-7.

good luck the rest of way

There’s one league I’m in where two years ago I was 3rd in points and I missed the playoffs all together because I had the most points against. Last year in the exact same league I was 5th in points, had 3 Monday night football miracles where I won in ridiculous fashion, and I had a bye. I’m a firm belie that this shit evens out over time. Not the same year necessarily, but year to year. 

Went 12-1 in regular season.

Quarterfinals, do I start Kyler who hasn’t been the same since hurt his shoulder. He isn’t running near as much. Or do I start Josh Allen? I’d lean Allen but they play the Steelers. 

Flex: Full PPR: Allen Robinson, Cooper Kupp or Joe Mixon coming off IR?

I would go Allen, he may have a tough matchup vs Pittsburgh but Murray has the Giants on the road and they just shut down Russ. Allen has a slight edge because of his running ability while Murray is protecting himself from further injury. 

Edited by Gourmand
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

I would go Allen, he may have a tough matchup vs Pittsburgh but Murray has the Giants on the road and they just shut down Russ. Allen has a slight edge because of his running ability while Murray is protecting himself from further injury. 

Any thought on the Flex? Leaning Allen Robinson, but putting my faith in Trubisky to get the ball to him is scary 

37 minutes ago, EvilCaseMcCoy said:

I'm up 3.  Opponent done.

I have the opportunity to play Zeke or Dobbins today or sit em and guarantee the win.

What should I do? 

Depends on whether or not points scored matter to you right now. In all my years of playing fantasy football I’ve never had a position player get -3 or worse. But if all you need is the win and seeding doesn’t matter it doesn’t really matter. 

2 hours ago, ocugolf said:

Went 12-1 in regular season.

Quarterfinals, do I start Kyler who hasn’t been the same since hurt his shoulder. He isn’t running near as much. Or do I start Josh Allen? I’d lean Allen but they play the Steelers. 

Flex: Full PPR: Allen Robinson, Cooper Kupp or Joe Mixon coming off IR?

Robinson is an auto start with Trubisky. He targets him way too much to sit him. It’s still Trubisky, but he’s the safest of that group in my opinion. 

• Like 1

Naturally, the first week after I am eliminated from the playoffs, after losing two games by one point, my team blows up with the biggest score in the league.
ha been there. I fully expect my team to jizz points this weekend against BYE. I think I'll throw some of my starter studs into DFS just to test my theory.

15 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

One more, need a defense. 

Tenn @ Jax or 
SF v. Wash 

That Tennessee game has one of the highest over unders on the week, and I think Tennessee legitimately has one of the 5 worst defenses in football. 28th in the league against fantasy qbs and wrs, and 26th against rbs. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, EvilCaseMcCoy said:

STD (need 2):

Scary Terry v SF

Deebo v WSH

Tee Higgins v DAL

D Parker v KC

Ceedee v CIN

This is an incredible list of guys who could have/should have had much bigger seasons but got screwed, mostly because of their qb. I have 4/5 of them myself.

Terry: Haskins benched helped him, great under Allen, now getting killed by check down Alex Smith

Deebo: On and off the field all year due to injury, not sure if the SF qb injuries have really mattered for him. Could finish strong at least

Tee Higgins: had basically turned into an autostart until Burrow got hurt

D Parker: very playable when Fitz plays, droppable with Tua. Mia keeps insisting on playing Tua

Ceedee: those pre-Dak injury Cowboy games were a fantasy gold mine (for both teams)

4 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Terry and Deebo 

Anyway, I'm mostly just venting. Agree with this.

10 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

This is an incredible list of guys who could have/should have had much bigger seasons but got screwed, mostly because of their qb. I have 4/5 of them myself.

Terry: Haskins benched helped him, great under Allen, now getting killed by check down Alex Smith

Deebo: On and off the field all year due to injury, not sure if the SF qb injuries have really mattered for him. Could finish strong at least

Tee Higgins: had basically turned into an autostart until Burrow got hurt

D Parker: very playable when Fitz plays, droppable with Tua. Mia keeps insisting on playing Tua

Ceedee: those pre-Dak injury Cowboy games were a fantasy gold mine (for both teams)

Anyway, I'm mostly just venting. Agree with this.

I think outside of last week terry has been fine with smith. To me, he’s the only auto starter in this list. 

And Deebo just plays too damn hard. He’s like kittle in the sense that he fights for every single inch on every play and doesn’t avoid contact. Dez was the same way. I want my wrs to catch it, get what they can, and get down or go out of bounds lol. 

37 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I think outside of last week terry has been fine with smith. To me, he’s the only auto starter in this list. 

And Deebo just plays too damn hard. He’s like kittle in the sense that he fights for every single inch on every play and doesn’t avoid contact. Dez was the same way. I want my wrs to catch it, get what they can, and get down or go out of bounds lol. 

You're probably right about Terry, he's the only guy on that list I haven't had this season so I haven't paid as much attention to him as the other guys. I needed to include him to make my theme for the entire list work.

An embarrassment of McMansions to choose from in my last WR slot and could use some help... thoughts?

- Higgins
- Slayton
- Chark
- Lamb
- Coutee
I think I like Chark the most there. Tennessee is constantly involved in shootouts and I think Shenault is questionable. It's a good spot for him. I like CeeDee as well vs Cincy but have a feeling this is Cooper's week.

16 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

^ Certainly can’t complain about 19.4, but he did get Aaron Jones’d twice. 

Man, I had the opportunity to pick up Akers a week ago and held Benny Snell instead.  That backfield has been a revolving door.  Now the 6th place team will have him vs me next week with a favorable jets matchup. 

My other backs, CEH, Conner and Carson are limping into the playoffs. 

37 minutes ago, Gourmand said:
2 hours ago, Party_Taco said:
An embarrassment of McMansions to choose from in my last WR slot and could use some help... thoughts?

- Higgins
- Slayton
- Chark
- Lamb
- Coutee

I think I like Chark the most there. Tennessee is constantly involved in shootouts and I think Shenault is questionable. It's a good spot for him. I like CeeDee as well vs Cincy but have a feeling this is Cooper's week.

Chark has been so disappointing this year, thought he was in for a big season. I think I'd play him too though, he had a good number of targets last week and Tenn has been getting torched through the air. 

I'm in a similar spot, I need to pick one (standard scoring) out of:

Marvin Jones vs. GB

Beasley vs. Pitt

Coutee @ Chicago

Lamb @ Cinn

Higgins vs Dallas

I'm leaning toward Jones but the matchup against Jaire Alexander is just scary enough to give me pause.