Cops break into EMT’s apartment and kill her while searching for a suspect they already had in custody

Buzzrock

1 minute ago, BabaYaga said:

Nothing, say related to the fact that the drug dealers fired first, prompting return fire.  And again, in what country on this earth are police not going to return fire when fired upon serving a warrant to assumed criminals.  I'll wait.  

Please, provide body cam footage of this "fact." I'll wait...for you to even fucking acknowledge this point that's been repeatedly made.

The cops have already been caught lying about not having body cams, so I'm not going to take a single word of their account as "fact."

1 hour ago, Lat22 said:

What about the two white folk that were gunned down in Houston during a no knock raid?

Maybe their lives don't matter?

1 hour ago, Thatguy said:

For all accounts it looked like she dated this dude for some months, and then moved on to another guy who seemed like was much better for her.

Everything I've seen is she went back and forth between criminal boyfriend and current boyfriend for 5-6 years.  That could be wrong but it was her family being interviewed about it. 

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, fattyflattie said:

Everything I've seen is she went back and forth between criminal boyfriend and current boyfriend for 5-6 years.  That could be wrong but it was her family being interviewed about it. 

Care to share what you've seen and are basing your opinion on?

2 hours ago, Lat22 said:

What about the two white folk that were gunned down in Houston during a no knock raid?

you know, i don't think you understand how racist you appear when you make posts like this. 

are you referring to this 28 page thread where the no knock raid was widely condemned and the cops were found to be completely corrupt? maybe you can pop in on that thread and stop whatabouting this thread.

1 minute ago, hayden_horn said:

also appears racist. please see the thread i just linked above if you are interested in finding out if their lives mattered.

jesus, some of you.

Link me to the mobs of people demanding to "say their names" and burning Houston down.  I'll wait.

Any politicians working to change laws for them?  No.  

Edited by fattyflattie
eta: where is the proposed changes in law for the Tuttles?

4 minutes ago, Captainant said:

I'm not the one making claims without evidence that the murder victim was a criminal. Burden of proof is on you, friendo

I didn't say she was a criminal, you pedantic no reading fuck.  I said she bedded the criminal for ALOT longer than "a few months".  

Edited by fattyflattie
*she
  • Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

I was researching the story, and I cannot for the life of me find any info that says the boyfriend was a drug dealer. All I can find is that he was a licensed gun owner who responded to the sound of the front door being kicked in. I cannot find any news of him even being held on any charges at all. Not even so called firing through the door at police when they announced themselves. I wonder why that is?

Didn’t they charge him with attempted murder at the scene, and then quietly drop the charge a week or two later?

5 minutes ago, Captainant said:

I'm not the one making claims without evidence that the murder victim was a criminal. Burden of proof is on you, friendo

Here bitch. Figured you'd be better educated on something so important to you.

https://www.nytimes.com/article/breonna-taylor-police.html

The police had been investigating two men who they believed were selling drugs out of a house that was far from Ms. Taylor’s home. But a judge had also signed a warrant allowing the police to search Ms. Taylor’s residence because the police said they believed that one of the men had used her apartment to receive packages. Ms. Taylor had been dating that man on and off for several years but had recently severed ties with him, according to her family’s lawyer.

5 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Wrong color people were shot.  Some people bitched about Art and the little squirrelly union chief.  Then people moved on.  No riots.  No change in the law.  They obviously were not important enough.  

The story got extensive play here.  And in Houston.  And nationally.  It is literally a national story.  And the lead cop is facing charges as a result of significant public pressure.

But no, that shooting didn't have a racial component.  And we all know that while such shit happens to any given person.....it happens at a significantly higher rate to any given BLACK person.  That means there is both a structural problem.....and a racial problem.

The case above was one of structural problems -- and people have raised hell and are continuing to raise hell.  Shit, all arrests by the bad cop are under scrutiny by the DA.  If it was one that also involved a racial problem, it would have gotten attention for that.

Edited by Brisketexan

So police announced but then busted the door down with a battering ram.

Walker shot someone but then maybe it was friendly fire.

They had no body cams but then they did....but then they weren't on.

Breonna Taylor was a huge part of this crime ring, but then she wasn't because they found nothing. No drugs and no money.

Am I keeping up?

Edited by Thatguy

Lol y'all get so fucking butthurt when you are actually challenged on the factual basis of your opinion. I more or less assume people who blindly defend cops actions are poorly informed and use sites like tatum report to get their """facts""" so they can continue to blindly confirm their biases. 

Nevermind that actual disinformation is frequently posted by the "blue lives matter" / "covid is a hoax" gang. 

@fatty thanks for posting the article in question, not sure of it's relevance to Taylor's murder at the hands of the police sleeping in her bed in her home. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Lat22 said:

17 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

11 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Link me to the mobs of people demanding to "say their names" and burning Houston down.  I'll wait.

Any politicians working to change laws for them?  No.  

7 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Wrong color people were shot.  Some people bitched about Art and the little squirrelly union chief.  Then people moved on.  No riots.  No change in the law.  They obviously were not important enough.  

Classic attempt at deflection and distraction through whataboutism. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, fattyflattie said:

you are totally not cloak rooming up the daily texan. your gaslighting is weak, weak shit.

you know exactly what you are doing. and i'm not really responding to you, but other lurkers who might actually believe your trolling bullshit.

https://www.fox26houston.com/news/rally-demands-justice-for-couple-killed-in-botched-police-raid

there were protests.

cops were indicted.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/investigates/2020/01/29/1-year-later-a-look-back-at-botched-harding-street-raid-whats-next/

even art acevedo had to apologize, and that fucker never apologized for anything.

and then he instituted a new no-knock policy:

https://www.npr.org/2019/02/19/695926963/houston-police-to-cease-no-knock-warrants-chief-announces-after-deadly-raid

but yeah, their lives didn't matter. 

seriously, fuck your gaslighting. it's so transparent.

• Hook 'Em 6

2 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

I would argue her maintaining tens of thousands of his and his crews money points to significant involvement as well of knowledge of how it was acquired (ie. the drug trade). 

I didn't see that.  I skimmed so I could have missed something.  Citation please.

There are allusions to mail being received there and him keeping other various property there.  I saw nothing that indicated tens of thousands of dollars or her knowledge of it.

I don't think there's any doubt that she was the girlfriend of and kept company with a drug dealer and she knew it.  I have seen no evidence of her actual complicity in any criminal acts.

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

The story got extensive play here.  And in Houston.  And nationally.  It is literally a national story.  And the lead cop is facing charges as a result of significant public pressure.

But no, that shooting didn't have a racial component.  And we all know that while shit shit happens to any given person.....it happens at a significantly higher rate to any given BLACK person.  That means there is both a structural problem.....and a racial problem.

The case above was one of structural problems -- and people have raised hell and are continuing to raise hell.  Shit, all arrests by the bad cop are under scrutiny by the DA.  If it was one that also involved a racial problem, it would have gotten attention for that.

I agree.  I'd argue it got more attention because 5 of the officers were shot, some seriously (or died?)   And then one of the lead officers turned out to be a career POS, which led to more attention.  And iirc, they actually planted some shit or was suspected as such.  It was a fucking movie plot.  It was never about the deceased. There damn sure wasn't any outrage because a couple of middle aged white folks got shot.  No one, other than the folks such as yourself, @Cajun and the others who already had the cops on a short leash gave a fuck about that. To your credit, you were ahead of the curve for sure.  To claim otherwise is disingenuous.  No new bills to pass.  No spoiled white kids rioting throughout the city.  No "say her name" being yelled into Rand Paul's face.  Tidbits on the nightly news at 1800 and 2100, that's it. 

I'll ask you.  What is the difference in the cases?  Where were the 10's of thousands of people in the streets, demanding justice?  Did it get that much more important over the last 12 months?  She was younger, and it's generally worse when someone young dies.  Case in Houston was 2 people though, so maybe sucks that 2x as many people died.  

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

She was killed because the police launched an unnecessary armed assault on a house in the middle of the night.  The question of whether they meaningfully announced their presence is still VERY much in dispute.  So, tell me in what fucking country do people in their house not at least consider responding with force when you attack their fucking house in the middle of the night?  Bootlicker.

Bootlicker?  LOL, you really are an unhinged, bi-polar nut job.  So tell me - how exactly does the LE serve warrants?  Tell us all how both how this warrant was unnecessary and why, if it is in dispute, announcing one's presence is required on a NO-KNOCK raid?

And why do we know they actually did announced their presence?  Well, from the jailhouse transcripts already provided.  

"He said [mofos] knocked on the door but he didn't know who it was. They asked who it is but don't nobody say nothin... He said they kicked at that door and he 'bocked' (Translate as shot at them) on them. He said they started shooting back and Bre was in the ahllway and she caught bullets."

Just now, BabaYaga said:

Bootlicker?  LOL, you really are an unhinged, bi-polar nut job.  So tell me - how exactly does the LE serve warrants?  Tell us all how both how this warrant was unnecessary and why, if it is in dispute, announcing one's presence is required on a NO-KNOCK raid?

And why do we know they actually did announced their presence?  Well, from the jailhouse transcripts already provided.  

"He said [mofos] knocked on the door but he didn't know who it was. They asked who it is but don't nobody say nothin... He said they kicked at that door and he 'bocked' (Translate as shot at them) on them. He said they started shooting back and Bre was in the ahllway and she caught bullets."

not exactly sure that the emphasized text above says what you are saying it is. a knock is not an announcement of police arriving to serve a warrant. that's just an unwanted knock in the middle of the night, followed by silence, and then a kicked in door. that is not an announcement of any kind.

12 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

So police announced but then busted the door down with a battering ram.

Walker shot someone but then maybe it was friendly fire.

They had no body cams but then they did....but then they weren't on.

Breonna Taylor was a huge part of this crime ring, but then she wasn't because they found nothing. No drugs and no money.

Am I keeping up?

They did say they never finished executing the warrant.  And that is probably true.

However, Taylor was dead and Walker was arrested and I am sure the apartment remained a potential crime scene for days if not weeks during which law enforcement had exclusive access.  If there had been money or drugs, it would have been found and trumpeted to the high heavens.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I didn't see that.  I skimmed so I could have missed something.  Citation please.

There are allusions to mail being received there and him keeping other various property there.  I saw nothing that indicated tens of thousands of dollars or her knowledge of it.

I don't think there's any doubt that she was the girlfriend of and kept company with a drug dealer and she knew it.  I have seen no evidence of her actual complicity in any criminal acts.

“Bre got down like $15 (grand), she had the $8 (grand) I gave her the other day and she picked up another $6 (grand),”

6 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

I'm sorry -- you told us just a little while ago this was NOT a "no-knock raid?"  So, ummm, which was it?   Because if it was a no-knock raid.....that's exactly the fucking point the whole world is making: assault someone's house without making it clear that you are cops, and the resident is going to treat the attackers as......attackers.  That's how human beings work.  It's why no-knock -- or even "shittily announced" -- raids get people fucking killed.

And did you, umm, READ the transcript you cited?  Please show me where it demonstrates that they announced their presence?  It literally says they DID NOT (he and Taylor "asked who it was" -- but, "don't nobody say nothin.")  Jesus Christ.

Edited by Brisketexan

4 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I saw nothing that indicated tens of thousands of dollars or her knowledge of it.

I didn't either.  Only him talking to one of his girlfriends and claiming that, which was more than likely 100% bullshit.  

5 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

Appreciate that.  Will read about it.  

6 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

you are totally not cloak rooming up the daily texan. your gaslighting is weak, weak shit.

I haven't even mentioned a political party?  

The woman died tragically.  The cops are going to be fucked.  Change will happen.  What I don't understand is why so many people are hesitant to acknowledge that this shit is MUCH more likely to happen when you associate with criminals/criminal activity.   ALL over this board you can find, "play stupid games, win stupid prizes"  "Bed with dogs, come up with fleas".    Oh, you are victim blaming.  No, I'm telling you why you shouldn't be surprised it happened.  

• Hook 'Em 1

“Bre got down like $15 (grand), she had the $8 (grand) I gave her the other day and she picked up another $6 (grand),”

Nothing was found.

3 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

I also wanted to point out the math.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, hayden_horn said:

not exactly sure that the emphasized text above says what you are saying it is. a knock is not an announcement of police arriving to serve a warrant. that's just an unwanted knock in the middle of the night, followed by silence, and then a kicked in door. that is not an announcement of any kind.

If that is in fact exactly what happened - which is the point of the dispute (that they announced they were police)....even though they had a no knock warrant and didn't need to.

Just now, Celery Man said:

have the police released the bodycam footage from the cameras that they were seen wearing in photos from the crime scene?

Their position is still that they didn't have bodycams on the scene. Which is a lie. 

Which is why I don't really put much credence into what the so-called internal report cited by baba. 

If that is in fact exactly what happened - which is the point of the dispute (that they announced they were police)....even though they had a no knock warrant and didn't need to.

please point my thick head to the part in the transcipt that you linked that says "they said they were the police"

2 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I believe this, because they hate them.  I do not believe they are lying about it, seems like it would be too easy to debunk.  I think they did not have them, and that was their preference.  

There are literally photos and video of them on the scene wearing bodycams. It was discussed several pages ago and I provided a link to primary information sources. 

Edit for link: https://www.lex18.com/news/covering-kentucky/breonna-taylor-evidence-photos-contradict-lmpds-no-body-cam-claim

Edited by Captainant
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I'm sorry -- you told us just a little while ago this was NOT a "no-knock raid?"  So, ummm, which was it?   Because if it was a no-knock raid.....that's exactly the fucking point the whole world is making: assault someone's house without making it clear that you are cops, and the resident is going to treat the attackers as......attackers.  That's how human beings work.  It's why no-knock -- or even "shittily announced -- raids get people fucking killed.

And did you, umm, READ the transcript you cited?  Please show me where it demonstrates that they announced their presence?  It literally says they DID NOT (he and Taylor "asked who it was" -- but, "don't nobody say nothin.")  Jesus Christ.

No shit - and the point I originally made, that no-knock raids need to be SIGNIFICANTLY curtailed.  I even cited had they actually facilitated a true NK raid, Breona would probably still be alive as no warning would have been given.  But these under-trained LE's didn't.  They did knock.  They said they did.  The jailhouse transcripts say they did.  What is under dispute is the announcement of "police" or not.

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Its why no-knock -- or even "shittily announced" -- raids get people fucking killed.

I'm not a fan of them at all.  I want the ability to fire at someone kicking down my door, and not be fired back upon (if I'm innocent).  But all of the no-knocks on the other houses in this case went swimmingly, no?  I only point that out to say, this seems like one that everything went wrong from the get go. Swiss cheese model.  

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Please show me where it demonstrates that they announced their presence?  It literally says they DID NOT (he and Taylor "asked who it was" -- but, "don't nobody say nothin.")  Jesus Christ.

Goddamit now I'm going to have to go back and read a bunch (and try to source), but I thought they claimed they did once.  And one (1) single neighbor out of several said he heard them announce.  But no one else did.  

Just now, fattyflattie said:

Well good. Fuck them for lying.

Which is why it's fucking ridiculous that baba is using the same lying police as his only piece of evidence that Taylor was a bad person who got what was coming to her. At least that's how I read the whole "lie with dogs, you get fleas" quip. 

3 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Goddamit now I'm going to have to go back and read a bunch (and try to source), but I thought they claimed they did once.  And one (1) single neighbor out of several said he heard them announce.  But no one else did.  

This is the dispute.  It was a cluster-fuck of an executed raid by what seems from poorly trained and equipped officers.  If it's a NK, then don't fucking knock.  Kick in the door and get to it.  If it's not a NK, then don't just kick the door.  Neither points to this being intentional or a "Summary Execution".  

19 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

They did say they never finished executing the warrant.  And that is probably true.

However, Taylor was dead and Walker was arrested and I am sure the apartment remained a potential crime scene for days if not weeks during which law enforcement had exclusive access.  If there had been money or drugs, it would have been found and trumpeted to the high heavens.

Which is exactly why I asked previously is the poster understood how crime scenes worked. The didn't finish executing is solely meant to leave doubt in the minds of bootlickers. Hookem

Edited by Thatguy

6 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

But these under-trained LE's didn't.  They did knock.  They said they did.  The jailhouse transcripts say they did.  What is under dispute is the announcement of "police" or not.

So......they literally followed the most dangerous path possible.

Burst in with no noise before you enter?  Maybe you catch the resident unaware, and they can't react.

Announce that you are the cops?  Residents know they best not shoot, as they are facing the thunder coming in.

Just bang like fuck on the door and then burst in, effectively emulating a violent home invasion by bad guys?  That's the highest fucking risk of getting shot, and that's what they fucking did.  

This whole discussion is fucking ridiculous.  The cops did damned near everything they could to get anyone in that house killed, and it worked.  And then, after the fact, they've lied their asses off about it.

But, you know, she fucked a suspected drug dealer for a while, so that makes it a wash.

Just now, Captainant said:

Which is why it's fucking ridiculous that baba is using the same lying police as his only piece of evidence that Taylor was a bad person who got what was coming to her. At least that's how I read the whole "lie with dogs, you get fleas" quip. 

I said that. 

And I'm not going to speak for him, or anyone else, but I don't think anyone here thinks it's OK she was murdered.  Most feel it's a tragedy.  I do think living the way she had previously (sounds like she had gotten her shit together) gives you a higher likely hood of the cops fucking up, and something bad happening to you.  It's not necessarily fair, but it happens.   I don't *think* people are victim blaming, as much as they are saying, well I'm not floored at this news.  Further, the link I posted was from the NYT, and I don't think they were trying to character assassinate (which does often happen).  I think her long time on and off boyfriend has some culpability, but nothing anywhere like the police do.  And her current boyfriend - his psyche is going to be destroyed for a long time.  Several victims here.