OU Recruiting 2022: Abnormal Mutations in OUDNA

texifornia

8 minutes ago, Blackcat00 said:

Wouldn't shock me if Rattler doesn't put up the numbers he did last year with so many guys transferring or missing reps due to injuries. 

Spring and Summer reps are so vital when it comes time for kick off in SEP. 

I think he puts up better numbers, and I think they will be much better. He played like shit until the second half against Texas.

9 minutes ago, Pdawg88 said:

I think he puts up better numbers, and I think they will be much better. He played like shit until the second half against Texas.

Yeah even with a meh RB room and throwing to Mims and a bunch of good-but-not-great WRs he's still going to put up hilarious numbers. Dude's legit.

10 hours ago, Divided Windows said:

Jalen Redmond was a 5 star on 247, and Clayton Smith was a 5 star on Rivals, but neither had a Bama or tOSU offer, so they might fall into the category you created for Bookie.

You're right. Both those guys got late bumps that I didn't remember.

13 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Looks like the fucking Dirt Burglars are going to put together a pretty damn good D class in 2022. 

Looking good so far. One of the boards said we might get one or two more this weekend. 

Edited by Pdawg88
Another lunch doobie, starting to see a pattern
  • Fuck You 1

26 minutes ago, golfclap said:

hey @Pdawg88 if you end up at any of the other 7v7 events with your son and see any of the other guys feel free to share your thoughts. it's always good to hear from people that have seen these kids in person.  

We are headed to Wichita next weekend. Supposed to be quite a few good teams there. If any of you boys have any teams that want to play we are hosting a tournament here in OKC the weekend of the 29th. Will be some good teams. 

11 minutes ago, Pdawg88 said:

We are headed to Wichita next weekend. Supposed to be quite a few good teams there. If any of you boys have any teams that want to play we are hosting a tournament here in OKC the weekend of the 29th. Will be some good teams. 

If you have time and need a chill watering hole, Central Standard Brewing's a fun spot up there.

16 minutes ago, texifornia said:

While we're on the topic of criminal behavior, someone in Oklahoma City made this bbq platter and served it to a paying customer. He's a Sooner beat writer but still:

If it’s the place I’m thinking of it’s between 2 dispensaries. Only eaten there once and it was fucking horrible. I honestly thought it was closed. Best bbq in OKC is Leo’s. 

49 minutes ago, Pdawg88 said:

If it’s the place I’m thinking of it’s between 2 dispensaries. Only eaten there once and it was fucking horrible. I honestly thought it was closed. Best bbq in OKC is Leo’s. 

Eddie is a good Twitter follow, too, if you want someone who covers Oklahoma and OSU stuff that doesn't take it all too seriously.

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

While we're on the topic of criminal behavior, someone in Oklahoma City made this bbq platter and served it to a paying customer. He's a Sooner beat writer but still:

I see that Lincoln Riley is at it again.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

The circular object at the bottom right, and the liquid, are the eyeball and coagulating crimson blood of the Sooner owner, after he was stabbed by a Longhorn who was served this "bbq.

"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

My elementary school cafeteria served food similar to this.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Mason Ramsey said:

obviously he got drafted but much later than expected

I'm surprised he got drafted on day 2.

What position does he play in the NFL? He's too small to hold up against the run and doesn't have the quickness or power to consistently win 1 on 1 as a pass rusher. He's actually shorter and slightly lighter than the Tulsa LB Collins with much less explosion and speed.

This is the pitch OU coaches use. "We got a guy into the league based on scheme and effort-based production. Think about how we can help you, person with better measureables."

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, quigley said:

I'm surprised he got drafted on day 2.

What position does he play in the NFL? He's too small to hold up against the run and doesn't have the quickness or power to consistently win 1 on 1 as a pass rusher. He's actually shorter and slightly lighter than the Tulsa LB Collins with much less explosion and speed.

This is the pitch OU coaches use. "We got a guy into the league based on scheme and effort-based production. Think about how we can help you, person with better measureables."

He’d a sub package interior pass rusher for now, maybe a three down player eventually if he gets stronger/bigger 

• Hook 'Em 1

41 minutes ago, Fud said:

220 and runs a sub 10.5

Seems Tyler Owens-ish 

His ability to play DB will be dependent on his quickness. If it doesn't work there, then move to LB, where his ability to play will be dependent on his mindset.

Jamal Morris and Justin Harrington are two players at OU with similar body types. Looking at their progress may be instructive. Morris came from high school as a safety and is now a LB, where he's intriguing.

Harrington came from JUCO and is still at CB. OU's got a bunch of good prospects at CB (Washington and Graham are only sophomores and Eaton and McCutchin have received praise behind them), and Harringon's second team at best. OU's DBs are definitely weakest at safety (Pat Fields should be a backup utility at S/NB), and there's an open job at NB. The thought is that OU's letting Harrington see that his playing time is limited at CB but that he'll be best served getting on the field at one of the other spots.

Just now, Fud said:

He’d a sub package interior pass rusher for now, maybe a three down player eventually if he gets stronger/bigger 

Agree. And his tape is good, not great, as a pass rusher. He makes OLs pay for their mistakes (which is good), but he doesn't demand a chip versus a decent college OT. Pro OL don't bust plays frequently enough for him to be a factor based on his production at OU.

Loved him with the Sooners because he produced and was a leader, but I think Perkins went just about or even above where he should have.