OU Recruiting 2022: Abnormal Mutations in OUDNA

Some OU stuff from one of their reporters/analysts who hangs out on IT

Spoiler

Absolutely no worries from Oklahoma's end on Raleek Brown or Gavin Sawchuk. brown quotes last night in Biggins article back up that. confirmed a bit of it last night. They'll land Kaden Helms as a tight end, kid from Nebraska, to go with Jason Lewellyn.

i don't know what they are doing at wide receiver, but they are getting into a small fight for Talyn Shettron with his brother getting an Oklahoma State offer. Edmond Santa Fe has a pipeline right now to Stillwater. Luther Burden still solid and has an OV in the season. no clue on other targets or if they punt again and move onto 2023. i keep hearing Evan Stewart's name but i just don't see it. wouldn't be surprised if he visited though.

Jacob Sexton-Jake Taylor-Demetrius Hunter with one of Malik Agbo and George Fitzpatrick at tackle and then keeping an eye on Earnest Green/Dave Luli at guard for right now. Sexton and Taylor are high floor tackles, not high ceiling guys, which is the opposite of what Bedenbaugh typically does. Guess having some guys bust the past few cycles will do that to ya.

they are starting to get super confident on Gabe Dindy at DT, are super confident on Kenyatta Jackson and Derrick Moore on the DL. then a growing belief about their chances with Abor with Ohio State's momentum getting stymied a bit. Bama is going to be the final competition and distance is going to play a lot. Abor's family are OU people. I bet they get an OV from Jaray Bledsoe due to his relationship with Calvin Thibodeaux. Chris McClellan was never an OU lock and was going to be a battle with Ohio State. Oklahoma has their OV left with him and I bet they win if they push hard. Jadon Scarlet and DeSean Brown (local kid without an offer) are the backup guys. I think they value Brown almost as highly as they do McClellan.

done at ILB is what is being reported. i have no clue but true freshman Danny Stuttsman and Shane Whitter are getting some heavy praise this summer so they don't need anyone more than Kobie McKinzie-Kip Lewis.

Jayden Rowe committed in the secondary. Gentry Williams sounds like a Jacob Sexton situation where one party is a little upset with communication, but Williams grew up wanting to play for Oklahoma and has his OV remaining. My guy up in Tulsa says USC absolutely leads, but nothing's done yet and it's going to be a dogfight for USC to keep him. They'll get Austin Jordan, Myles Pollard and Robert Spears-Jennings (Tulsa kid who they want as a safety).

lastly, Oklahoma is incredibly far out ahead for Malachi Nelson, Jalen Hale, Brandon Innis, Treyaun Webb, Cayden Green, Luke Hasz in 2023. they'll decide between if they want to push for DeAndre Moore (another 5-star out of Nevada) or Johntay Cook. Moore from the same high school as 2022 RB Jovantae Barnes. Would imagine Moore and Barnes are mutually exclusive when it comes to Oklahoma.

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, Pdawg88 said:

Rumors are starting to float around Taylon Shetteon is about to decommit and go to Stillwater with his younger brother. 

If true, Drumm is going to be inconsolable since his kid has worked out at the same place or something and he feels connected to Shettron.

24 minutes ago, Pdawg88 said:

Rumors are starting to float around Taylon Shetteon is about to decommit and go to Stillwater with his younger brother. 

Hilarious. If it happens he would have to be one of the highest rated guys Oke State landed in a really long time. 

33 minutes ago, golfclap said:

If true, Drumm is going to be inconsolable since his kid has worked out at the same place or something and he feels connected to Shettron.

Drumm is a fucking cuck! I have a good friend of mine who’s son played peewee football with him and it was a joke. My buddy showed me the GroupMe they had and the shit that guy would say was unfucking believable. If I hadn’t read it with my own eyes I wouldn’t believe it. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Machinator said:

Absolutely no worries from Oklahoma's end on Raleek Brown or Gavin Sawchuk. brown quotes last night in Biggins article back up that. confirmed a bit of it last night. They'll land Kaden Helms as a tight end, kid from Nebraska, to go with Jason Lewellyn.

i don't know what they are doing at wide receiver, but they are getting into a small fight for Talyn Shettron with his brother getting an Oklahoma State offer. Edmond Santa Fe has a pipeline right now to Stillwater. Luther Burden still solid and has an OV in the season. no clue on other targets or if they punt again and move onto 2023. i keep hearing Evan Stewart's name but i just don't see it. wouldn't be surprised if he visited though.

Jacob Sexton-Jake Taylor-Demetrius Hunter with one of Malik Agbo and George Fitzpatrick at tackle and then keeping an eye on Earnest Green/Dave Luli at guard for right now. Sexton and Taylor are high floor tackles, not high ceiling guys, which is the opposite of what Bedenbaugh typically does. Guess having some guys bust the past few cycles will do that to ya.

they are starting to get super confident on Gabe Dindy at DT, are super confident on Kenyatta Jackson and Derrick Moore on the DL. then a growing belief about their chances with Abor with Ohio State's momentum getting stymied a bit. Bama is going to be the final competition and distance is going to play a lot. Abor's family are OU people. I bet they get an OV from Jaray Bledsoe due to his relationship with Calvin Thibodeaux. Chris McClellan was never an OU lock and was going to be a battle with Ohio State. Oklahoma has their OV left with him and I bet they win if they push hard. Jadon Scarlet and DeSean Brown (local kid without an offer) are the backup guys. I think they value Brown almost as highly as they do McClellan.

done at ILB is what is being reported. i have no clue but true freshman Danny Stuttsman and Shane Whitter are getting some heavy praise this summer so they don't need anyone more than Kobie McKinzie-Kip Lewis.

Jayden Rowe committed in the secondary. Gentry Williams sounds like a Jacob Sexton situation where one party is a little upset with communication, but Williams grew up wanting to play for Oklahoma and has his OV remaining. My guy up in Tulsa says USC absolutely leads, but nothing's done yet and it's going to be a dogfight for USC to keep him. They'll get Austin Jordan, Myles Pollard and Robert Spears-Jennings (Tulsa kid who they want as a safety).

3 hours ago, texifornia said:

tenor.gif?itemid=5029673

10 minutes ago, Pdawg88 said:

1. I *heart* Taylor

2. This would be an amazing class for OU.

- Great RB, TE classes
- They need numbers at WR, but may be comfortable going to the portal for them and then try to shoot the moon in 2023
- OL recruiting is weird right now. Wonder if Bedenbaugh is wounded after losing top recruits late in 2021.
- Dindy-Jackson-Moore + one of Abor, Bledsoe, McClellan, Scarlet, Brown would be the best OU DL recruiting class in 15 years.
- Rowe-Williams-Jordan-Spears-Jennings would be good. Would like to get another CB, Pollard seems like a great, undervalued prospect, but several schools seem confident about him.

The following chart assuming OU leads where the writer says they lead and then they go 50 - 50 on the remaining recruitments.
                Win                            Loss
DB    G Williams        
    M Pollard    
    A Jordan
    R Spears-Jennings

DL    C McClellan                     O Abor
    Dindy
    K Jackson
    D Moore

OL    J Sexton                          Cam Williams
    J Taylor                                G Fitzpatrick
    M Agbo            
WR                                             T Shettron

Only 20 players, 247 composite 290, that would give OU about the 5th or 6th best class in the country with 8 top 100 guys (5 DEFENSE, 3 offense). This would be OU's best recruiting class in more than a decade (OU finished 6th in 2019 with a class of 24, 4 top 100 kids, all on offense). This would leave OU a good amount of space to work the portal for 2022 also, of course.

1 hour ago, Pdawg88 said:

Drumm is a fucking cuck! I have a good friend of mine who’s son played peewee football with him and it was a joke. My buddy showed me the GroupMe they had and the shit that guy would say was unfucking believable. If I hadn’t read it with my own eyes I wouldn’t believe it. 

High school football recruiting coverage is a weird way to make a living, but we're the consumers of his work. He may very well be a weirdo, but using his social media posts as a kid to come to that conclusion is flawed. Many people don't mature after their early teens, but some do.

34 minutes ago, quigley said:

High school football recruiting coverage is a weird way to make a living, but we're the consumers of his work. He may very well be a weirdo, but using his social media posts as a kid to come to that conclusion is flawed. Many people don't mature after their early teens, but some do.

I’ll be honest, I have no clue what you just said. 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Did McGowan and Bridges rat him out?

This had been known for at least several days. If he was involved in the gun play, one would assume he'd be gone like Bridges/McGowan. Regardless, I'll assume he's out. Here's a recap of significant unexpected losses for the Sooners this offseason.

RB/HB Henderson (likely gone), crime -- unique talent who could legit run, catch, block. Would have been OU's only "big" RB.
WR Bridges, crime -- even though he hadn't produced, he had high upside and played a position where depth is a concern
Flex TE Conyers, portal -- even though he hadn't produced, he had high upside and played a position where depth is a concern
OT Wilkins, portal -- even though he hadn't produced, he had high upside and played a where they need high-end talent

DL Thomas, DWI -- still on team

Other players who have left likely wouldn't have been major contributors (Rambo, McGowan, et al).

1 hour ago, quigley said:

This had been known for at least several days. If he was involved in the gun play, one would assume he'd be gone like Bridges/McGowan. Regardless, I'll assume he's out. Here's a recap of significant unexpected losses for the Sooners this offseason.

RB/HB Henderson (likely gone), crime -- unique talent who could legit run, catch, block. Would have been OU's only "big" RB.
WR Bridges, crime -- even though he hadn't produced, he had high upside and played a position where depth is a concern
Flex TE Conyers, portal -- even though he hadn't produced, he had high upside and played a position where depth is a concern
OT Wilkins, portal -- even though he hadn't produced, he had high upside and played a where they need high-end talent

DL Thomas, DWI -- still on team

Other players who have left likely wouldn't have been major contributors (Rambo, McGowan, et al).

And...Henderson's gone. As expected.

1 minute ago, Fud said:

Not really, since they added Gray and Bradford 

Agree.

Injuries could be an issue. They don't have a "big back," which could be an issue in short yardage. Major and Brooks are 220 lb, but don't really look run big.

8 minutes ago, Blackcat00 said:

They will need to stay healthy. Mikey was going to be a good one and get a number of touches this year. 

Gray, Brooks, Major, Bradford

Not many schools have four legit options, or can still be fine if their top option goes down 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Blackcat00 said:

That RB room is a mess. 

Their RB and WR recruits really don't matter.  They can go get whoever they want whenever either in recruiting or transfer portals.  If a 4 star bails, they'll just go get another.  Losing a defensive player is another matter.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Blackcat00 said:

OU also just lost out on S Chance Chace Biddle out of Garland. (SMU)

Biddle and OU seemed to cool in the late spring. Biddle apparently didn't get an invite to the Sooners BBQ in June. It's weird that none of the regional recruiting powers (UT, A&M, OU) or even second tier schools (TCU, Ok St, Baylor, Arkansas) really made a play for Biddle. I asked about it in the UT thread before that thread became about Oregon and NFTs.

Over the weekend, OU got commits from 2 WR who they're going to convert to safeties, Brice and Spears-Jennings. The Sooners seem confident they can create a defensive backfield by coaching up guys who are big (for the position) and can run.

1 hour ago, quigley said:

Biddle and OU seemed to cool in the late spring. Biddle apparently didn't get an invite to the Sooners BBQ in June. It's weird that none of the regional recruiting powers (UT, A&M, OU) or even second tier schools (TCU, Ok St, Baylor, Arkansas) really made a play for Biddle. I asked about it in the UT thread before that thread became about Oregon and NFTs.

Over the weekend, OU got commits from 2 WR who they're going to convert to safeties, Brice and Spears-Jennings. The Sooners seem confident they can create a defensive backfield by coaching up guys who are big (for the position) and can run.

TCU wanted Biddle 

2 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Their RB and WR recruits really don't matter.  They can go get whoever they want whenever either in recruiting or transfer portals.  If a 4 star bails, they'll just go get another.  Losing a defensive player is another matter.

While I defended their current RB room earlier, I think the roster churn they’ve had at WR and RB which had lead to having to bring in transfers has hurt their ability to throw numbers elsewhere. But maybe that type of roster movement is the norm going forward 

3 hours ago, Fud said:

TCU wanted Biddle 

So maybe Biddle wanted to stay in DFW. Still a strange recruitment. Don't know if this is a huge loss for OU with Austin Jordan, Gentry Williams on the board + plus the 2 guys they got over the weekend (I view Rowe as a N or LB). They need to get Williams and probably another CB unless they view Brice or Spears-Jennings as a CB.

3 hours ago, Fud said:

While I defended their current RB room earlier, I think the roster churn they’ve had at WR and RB which had lead to having to bring in transfers has hurt their ability to throw numbers elsewhere. But maybe that type of roster movement is the norm going forward 

Agree that the churn isn't ideal for numbers plus development. That said, OU historically has a ~ 50% churn rate (only about 50% of freshman end up on the roster as seniors). Of the guys OU's lost at RB/WR, Jaylon Robinson at UCF is the only one who's done anything.

3 minutes ago, Fud said:

Marcus Hicks has moved to OL 

He should beat Bennie Wylie to death. I assume with this move that he's lost a lot of explosive quickness/speed with the achilles injury and recovery. With his wrestling background and frame, I think he could make this move work though. 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, golfclap said:

He should beat Bennie Wylie to death. I assume with this move that he's lost a lot of explosive quickness/speed with the achilles injury and recovery. With his wrestling background and frame, I think he could make this move work though. 

I doubt Marcus Hicks shares your taste in erotica. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2