Several shot during 3rd night of Kenosha riots

clapclapclap

Just a side question for the board, but is it common nomenclature now to use “white privilege” as a term for actual white raced people?

I was taught “white privilege” wast tantamount to “white collar crime” or “white slavery” where ‘white’ is an archaic expression referring to the color of ones shirt, meaning they were in the owner or manger class. 

after some googling I haz a confused

36 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

This post clearly indicates that you watched none of the video prior to the event or are intentionally obfuscating facts. 

Further, you have to this point, not addressed the reality that both white and black people were carrying ARs. A reality that directly counters the white people carrying ARs being a privilege behavior argument.

I scrolled up to my post and am having a hard time finding the word "white". You are filling in your own blanks.

Also, every movement the kid made suggests he was alone. If you are part of a militia, and heading into a hostile environment, guess who is the one person you are going to keep tabs on? You guessed it, the 17 year old kid. The one person you are not going to lose track of is the baby. Here is a good read for those that have time.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/The-Kenosha-Shootings---Kyle-Rittenhouse--A-Tactical-and-Legal-Analysis-WARNING--Bandwidth-Intensive/5-2362796/

Edited by Thatguy
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

Just a side question for the board, but is it common nomenclature now to use “white privilege” as a term for actual white raced people?

I was taught “white privilege” wast tantamount to “white collar crime” or “white slavery” where ‘white’ is an archaic expression referring to the color of ones shirt, meaning they were in the owner or manger class. 

White privilege is definitely about race, with sure, some class served up on the side. Joe Dirt doesn't get white privilege. His hot sister/girlfriend might.

3 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

you were taught the term "white privilege"?   look, there are good people, some not so good people, and bad people.  the amount of money they have or the color of their skin doesn't make them privileged.

1 hour ago, Thatguy said:

No. I am a Black Dude who is smart enough to not think that openly carrying an AR15 at a protest is a good thing. Only privileged people would think that was going to work out, and how exactly has that worked out the two times we've seen it Workswithweed?

Yeah, it protected the kid who had it. I count that as a win. Especially when people dry fire at you for no reason.

1 minute ago, workswithseed said:

Yeah, it protected the kid who had it. I count that as a win. Especially when people dry fire at you for no reason

It only protected the kid because he had it in the first place. So he caused himself to have to self defense.

1 minute ago, BurntEyes said:

Lulz...so you consider the black people who carried ARs into the protests to also be "privileged". Black privilege? AR privilege? Then you point toward an AR website for honest, intelligence discussion?  Yeah.. our engagement here has come to an end.

No. I am a Black Dude who is smart enough to not think that openly carrying an AR15 at a protest is a good thing. Only privileged people would think that was going to work out, and how exactly has that worked out the two times we've seen it

The AR breakdown is a tactical discussion about the things that went down from a soldier. It's not meant to sway any opinions. In fact, he goes on to take your stance on the subject.

Secondly, much like there are white people who disagree on politics and such, there are Black People who do as well. Every seen Candice Owens? Officer Tatum? Some Black people who grow up with little resistance come with the same level of privilege too. At every turn you are making suggestions based on my race and what you think my mindset is. How about quit. When I mean white I will say white.

14 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

you were taught the term "white privilege"?   look, there are good people, some not so good people, and bad people.  the amount of money they have or the color of their skin doesn't make them privileged.

White privilege is a large ingredient in white collar crime which is it own sociological discipline

5 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

So people attacked him cause he had the ar-15 in the first place? Was he also wearing a short skirt?

No. People attacked him because he was there pointing it at people, and then he felt like he should be able to take a lovely stroll down the block as if no one would remember once he got separated. No AR = no pointing. No pointing = no having to defense himself.

1 minute ago, Doc Reeves said:

White privilege is a large ingredient in white collar crime which is it own sociological discipline

white collar crime is usually money related.  people who commit white collar crime are bad people.  crimes like this include identity theft, forgery,  fraud, bribery, money laundering.  you dont have to be white or rich to commit "white collar" crime.  white privilege is a stupid fucking term being foisted upon the populace.  

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

No. People attacked him because he was there pointing it at people, and then he felt like he should be able to take a lovely stroll down the block as if no one would remember once he got separated. No AR = no pointing. No pointing = no having to defense himself.

I haven't seen anyone report that.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

white collar crime is usually money related.  people who commit white collar crime are bad people.  crimes like this include identity theft, forgery,  fraud, bribery, money laundering.  you dont have to be white or rich to commit "white collar" crime.  white privilege is a stupid fucking term being foisted upon the populace.  

White color crime has to do with power and the abuse of it while doing your normal duties. 

Still, you’re point is valid.

24 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

The AR breakdown is a tactical discussion about the things that went down from a soldier. It's not meant to sway any opinions. In fact, he goes on to take your stance on the subject.

Secondly, much like there are white people who disagree on politics and such, there are Black People who do as well. Every seen Candice Owens? Officer Tatum? Some Black people who grow up with little resistance come with the same level of privilege too. At every turn you are making suggestions based on my race and what you think my mindset is. How about quit. When I mean white I will say white.

you were the one that brought up your race.  no one would have known if you hadn't specifically put it in your post. Burnt Eyes just asked if there was black privilege of the AR guys at stone mountain and elsewhere.

speaking of... can we get some damn Asian, Indian, and Mexican privilege discussion going?

• Hook 'Em 1

51 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

Now? I’ve never heard it any other way. 

8 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

No no no.. God damnit how many times do I have to explain.

There is white privilege, black privilege, AR privilege, Mexican privilege, Asian Privilege, middle eastern privilege, latin non-Mexican privilege, Indian Privilege (which can be combined with Asian Privilege or separate) then there is general privilege. Unless said privilege is specifically aligned to a race or an AR, it is general privilege. 

You really need to grasp this concept, it isn't that difficult.

This what I think of ar privilege.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

Brisket discussed plenty of Mexican Privilege during his cultural appropriation of BBQ yesterday in the other general rioting thread. Where is Hero? We need him to provide us with some Asian Privilege.

Korean BBQ can suffice at times...

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

Tim Pool, Ian Miles Cheong, Andy Ngo, all a bunch of idiot grifters. Here's how their brains work...

Seriously, these are the guys that grown men here constantly look to for a view onto the real world. Pathetic shit.

Did it hit a nerve?

Edited by workswithseed
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

I don't even know why you brought this up on this thread then.

Because these grifters keep getting posted in this thread as news sources, so I'm making sure people understand the sources being presented to them as worth a shit.

Grifters and pathetic morons and video game streamers.

Just now, bad_teammate said:

Because these grifters keep getting posted in this thread as news sources, so I'm making sure people understand the sources being presented to them as worth a shit.

Haha, I didn't notice Tim Pool was posted. Destiny was posted, cause I agreed, and Andy is posted cause the videos. You can obviously look for other sources, and should. Call them grifters all you want, they're just different points, and not all lies. 

1 minute ago, workswithseed said:

Haha, I didn't notice Tim Pool was posted. Destiny was posted, cause I agreed, and Andy is posted cause the videos. You can obviously look for other sources, and should. Call them grifters all you want, they're just different points, and not all lies. 

lol "not all lies"

Just a bunch of alternative facts, huh?

50 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

You do the same fucking thing. The only difference is the ones that you post promote your angle.  Fucking hypocrite.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, immortal13 said:

And before that he was begging people to shoot him. Which is it? Dude seems like he was confused

15 hours ago, workswithseed said:

I haven't seen anyone report that.

"Jeremiah just wanted to find his car and go home, but he was trapped. 

A line of police in riot gear had just forced him and hundreds of other protesters out of Kenosha's Civic Center Park and into the street. After that, there was nowhere to go. Soldiers and cops blocked one end of the road. White guys with big guns blocked the other. 

It was past 11 p.m. local time Tuesday, the third night of protests after a Kenosha police officer shot Jacob Blake seven times in the back. Jeremiah had received a text from a friend saying a bunch of protesters had their tires slashed. He wanted to get to his car before vandals did. He decided the quickest path was to cut through a parking lot.

As he made his way toward it, Jeremiah saw more armed white men. Two crouched on the roof of a building, sniper style. Two or three others stood guard over the lot. One of them, a babyface with a backward ball cap, raised an assault rifle and pointed it at him.

Jeremiah, 24 and Black, was more annoyed than afraid. He'd been out protesting all summer, more than 90 days so far. He knew about these guys and their scare tactics, and he refused to be intimidated.

When the kid started yelling, Jeremiah shouted back: "I'm trying to get out of here. If you're gonna shoot me, just shoot!""

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/08/31/witnesses-kenosha-shooting-see-kyle-rittenhouse-shoot-protest-jacob-blake/5675987002/

Edited by Thatguy

I don't always go shopping for cars...

but it's just before midnight when I do.

These people are full of shit.   I'm sick of the posturing and excuses.  Own your fucking decisions.  They were terrible.

26 minutes ago, slorch said:

I don't always go shopping for cars...

but it's just before midnight when I do.

These people are full of shit.   I'm sick of the posturing and excuses.  Own your fucking decisions.  They were terrible.

The Daily Caller journalist said Rittenhouse was not handling his gun properly. A Story in USA today of a person who said Rittenhouse was aiming his gun at people. On the Daily Caller video you see a guy calling Rittenhouse out for claiming to be a medic, when earlier he was pointing a gun at him. Rosenbaum is caught on film very angrily stating not to point a gun at him repeatedly, and then he goes after Rittenhouse. Coincidence? I think not.   First no one saw him pointing his gun at people. Then evidence to the contrary is shown, one well before the shooting, live, and on video and the people are full of shit?

15 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

The Daily Caller journalist said Rittenhouse was not handling his gun properly. A Story in USA today of a person who said Rittenhouse was aiming his gun at people. On the Daily Caller video you see a guy calling Rittenhouse out for claiming to be a medic, when earlier he was pointing a gun at him. Rosenbaum is caught on film very angrily stating not to point a gun at him repeatedly, and then he goes after Rittenhouse. Coincidence? I think not.   First no one saw him pointing his gun at people. Then evidence to the contrary is shown, one well before the shooting, live, and on video and the people are full of shit?

I have not defended the shooter.  His terrible decisions are included in my post.

If we want things to change, we gotta stop enabling the dumbassery.   Denying that it is dumbassery is at the root of why it exists.  All of the players involved put their horrific judgment on public display by inserting themselves into a scenario where the possibility of a positive outcome was virtually zero.   The potential for penalties up to and including death was very high.  Guess what happened...

Edited by slorch