Several shot during 3rd night of Kenosha riots

clapclapclap

so when you speak with your hands, WTF are you saying?

Do you flip people off while your hands are in motion and just pass it off as emphasizing the moment?

Your explanation/ differentiation between moving handsigns and still frame shots is a bit  bullshitty.

Edited by slorch

You honestly don't ever move your hands when speaking in public?  My point is that if you were to look at 45 minutes of footage of me, or of the White House Press Secretary, as the hands move naturally through a talk...you can freeze frame capture any number of hand signs.  It's a matter of freezing on the right nano-second like the above pic of the White House Press Secretary.  There is a differentiation between that and then just consciously waiting for the photographer to get ready to snap your picture and standing there making the white power hand gesture for a still shot.  How is that bullshitty to you?  You can take a recorded video of almost anyone and find them, just for a split second, putting up their middle finger, a jerking-off motion, a salute, a wave, a hook 'em, etc.  But if the photographer says, "move in a little closer, stay still, smile" and you just throw up the Bellamy Salute...that's some white supremacist bullshit.   

Like if you were to record my voice for 45 minutes.  Odds are at some point I might say the color "white" and later on I might say the word "power" in an unrelated sentence.  You can edit them together to make it sound like I said "White Power."  And we both know that would be wrongly manipulative and likely not indicative of my feelings on race.  Likewise, if you were to ask me for a static two-word quote on race, and I merely replied, "White Power."  Well then, that's fair game to use against me.

I'm worried you don't understand the difference between video recordings and photographs.    

I picture you walking like Molly Shannon on "Seinfeld"  ;)

Edited by Lobo

28 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I'm worried you don't understand the difference between video recordings and photographs.    

Really?  Hold fast to your claim that hand gestures while speaking are some sort of uncontrollable physical representation of Tourette Syndrome.  Lolz.

Most people know it's a scuba diving gesture.  I made the mistake one time in a diving well at UT of making the thumbs up while getting certified.  Never made that mistake again.  And you're right...this thread is going nowhere, as usual.  When we have to call it a "coincidence" the same looking people make the same sign over and over and over again, it's because they were just photographed at the wrong time while they were being silly.  

My point was that wasn't a "photograph" of the the WH Press Secretary in P.A.C.'s post upthread.  People move around when they talk, you can find a number of images if you freeze-frame enough.  Again, basic physics are lost on much of Surly where apparently fat women don't spray droplets from their mouth when they talk so masks don't work.  

I almost feel bad for this kid.  He thinks he's a celebrity, a frontman for a cause.  He's going to die in prison.  And it's not going to be quick.

Edited by Lobo

59 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

Wow is this conversation really happening? 

It's like I'm not really sure if some of yall are this stupid, or you're just pretending to be stupid as a weak troll attempt. 

It can be both right?  I think it's both, stupid and trolling.  Stupid trolls are the most common trolls.

The alternative is White Supremacists in denial or defensive mode.  The need to defend something this obvious because you share the belief can lead to looking like a stupid troll too.

If they aren't White Supremacists then they probably shouldn't spend so much time defending them.  Birds of a feather and all.

If you walk around in a group of people wearing maroon, chanting unintelligible voodoo curses and giving the thumbs up sign I'm not going to assume you are an Fonzie fan but an aggy.

If your Facebook profile pic is you doing the sign above and you are not underwater or at a KState game I'm going to assume you are a White Supremacist and I'll bet the FBI might be curious too. 

Edited by TexasEd
  • Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Tell that to the 5 dead cops from Dallas.

Good point.  To be thorough, we should also list out all the black people at BLM protests that have killed white people (whether civilian or police).  

so when you speak with your hands, WTF are you saying?

Do you flip people off while your hands are in motion and just pass it off as emphasizing the moment?

Your explanation/ differentiation between moving handsigns and still frame shots is a bit  bullshitty.

Giving someone the finger is an intentional act. Posing for a picture with the “OK” gesture is an intentional act. Moving your hands while publicly speaking is almost entirely unintentional. You may point your fingers or even sort of make the OK gesture (by touching your thumb and pointer finger) to emphasize a point you’re making, but that’s entirely different. Trying to equate the two is asinine

Let's ignore the red herring and take it back to Kyle Rittenhouse.  Here are what we know as of now.

1. He was connected with groups organizing counter protests to a march after the death of another black man at the hands of police
  2. He illegally obtained a rifle (likely through someone in that group)
  3. He travelled across state lines with that group and his rifle to counter protest BLM
  4. He shot and killed people at the BLM protest
  5. He gets out and goes to a bar to meet up with members of the Proud Bois
  6. He poses for pictures with members of the Proud Bois doing a (reportedly (no really it is what you think it is)) White Power Hand sign

Those things point to him being affiliated with white supremacists

• Hook 'Em 1

No, they point to him running for Junior Class President, and so much winning, ya bitch! 

Kyle be swimmin' in prom pussy.  Col' got to be. 

Edited by Lobo

9 hours ago, bolverk said:

Are you suggesting that a hand sign cannot have more than one meaning or even change over time and depending on the circumstances or context?

Tell us, what does this hand sign mean to you? ✌️

• the number two?
  • a gesture of peace?
  • a signal for victory?
  • an insult?
  • any/all of the above?

And, now, you're suggesting he's doing it as a mean for pretending to be a white nationalist/supremacist for the lulz while also hanging out with adult men singing the Proud Boys anthem. Are you suggesting he's not taking seriously the fact that he killed two people, and it's all really just fun and games? I mean, he's famous now and shit.

Why not just go for the simpler, more straightforward, explanation and take it at face value? Maybe he's actually using the hand sign to tell us (and his fawners) who he actually is.

That's like saying the Pepe meme was only white nationalist symbol when Clinton said so. It isn't at all, and meant different things to different people. I'll change my tunre if he says so, or actually makes a real reference to white nationalist. Shit he killed people, why isn't he always serious? Looks at military.

He should probably take it more seriously, but as we can tell, he isn't by being 18 and going to a bar and having fun. 

He literally said ‘it can have multiple meanings’ in his first sentence.  Again, context matters...you posting Pepe memes on 4Chan with references to lib tears?  Yes then in that case it is precisely about that.  

Again...if you’re in a room with white supremacists, singing songs about it and they’re all flashing the hand signal...it’s about white supremacy.  

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Homercles said:

He literally said ‘it can have multiple meanings’ in his first sentence.  Again, context matters...you posting Pepe memes on 4Chan with references to lib tears?  Yes then in that case it is precisely about that.  

Again...if you’re in a room with white supremacists, singing songs about it and they’re all flashing the hand signal...it’s about white supremacy.  

But most of us aren’t in a room with white supremacists... just like most Americans had never heard of those “proud boys “ before last year. Still don’t know what they are about except some fringe nutjobs, personally

13 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

That's like saying the Pepe meme was only white nationalist symbol when Clinton said so. It isn't at all, and meant different things to different people. I'll change my tunre if he says so, or actually makes a real reference to white nationalist. Shit he killed people, why isn't he always serious? Looks at military.

He should probably take it more seriously, but as we can tell, he isn't by being 18 and going to a bar and having fun. 

I mean, the creator of the character Pepe the Frog won multiple settlements in court from infowars and other far-right propoganda/conspiracy outfits so that's not a very good example lol.

Rittenhouse was serenaded by a white terrorist organization (the proud boys) who lovingly called him "their boy" after going crossing state lines with an unlawfully obtained weapon to go to a BLM rally and kill people. And then he skipped his bail and is currently violating his bond terms. 

Don't fucking handwave his terroristic felonious behavior as "boys being boys" - that's how you end up with fucking brownshirts and blackshirts spreading absurd antisemetic memes like "the jews started the wildfire with a space laser" that ultimately end up with outright fascism. This is a dangerous path, you should take it more seriously.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

Wow is this conversation really happening? 

It's like I'm not really sure if some of yall are this stupid, or you're just pretending to be stupid as a weak troll attempt. 

You'd think it's a pretense, but Slorch really is this dumb.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Has NASA been advised to edumacate their astronauts about this issue yet? Should Neil Armstrong be erased from that photo?

Brat I know you watched the rise of fascism back in the 30's when you were middle-aged so, fuck off.

The "OK" hand symbol is an old non-verbal communication signal, and it has since been co-opted by antisemetic white nationalists. It doesn't mean that anyone who has flashed it is saying "white power", but when the people throwing it up are wearing confederate flags and clapping the shoulder of a young felon who's skipping on his bail agreement after murdering anti-fascists... It's not really a stretch to put two and two together and hear the message they're sending.

19 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

What?  You think germans flying the swastika has anything to do with nazis?  They might just be celebrating the [whatever old religion that was that had it as a symbol].  I guess you're going to cancel all religious people now.  GOSH!

edmonton-swastikas-3.jpg

Hitler was just a women's hockey fan you stupid libtards. 

2 hours ago, TexasEd said:

Let's ignore the red herring and take it back to Kyle Rittenhouse.  Here are what we know as of now.

1. He was connected with groups organizing counter protests to a march after the death of another black man at the hands of police
  2. He illegally obtained a rifle (likely through someone in that group)
  3. He travelled across state lines with that group and his rifle to counter protest BLM
  4. He shot and killed people at the BLM protest
  5. He gets out and goes to a bar to meet up with members of the Proud Bois
  6. He poses for pictures with members of the Proud Bois doing a (reportedly (no really it is what you think it is)) White Power Hand sign

Those things point to him being affiliated with white supremacists

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/11/10/kyle-rittenhouse-friend-charged-bought-him-gun-kenosha-shooting/6231407002/

he didn't bring a rifle over state lines. The rifle was from someone from Kenosha to protect the buildings. Unless you mean that he was handed the rifle after crossing the border. 

Proud Bois must have hated working with an Afro-Cuban as thier leader then. 

1 hour ago, Armybrat said:

I’m saying most of the population, at least the older demographic has not been aware of the extremists co-opting the A-ok hand gesture...and still may not be aware of it.

I personally wouldn’t know about it except for reading it here.

It started with a meme on 4chan to get the busy bodies at CNN in a tizzy. It worked as you can see.

1 hour ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

What?  You think germans flying the swastika has anything to do with nazis?  They might just be celebrating the [whatever old religion that was that had it as a symbol].  I guess you're going to cancel all religious people now.  GOSH!

Hindu

https://www.hinduamerican.org/blog/10-things-you-need-to-know-about-the-swastika/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&gclid=Cj0KCQiA0-6ABhDMARIsAFVdQv9oFKVO7ZfHCYePehUKwZyD7FN6xetXCDHKbZeESYVxt6Itq1jezcsaAqzNEALw_wcB

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

I do that hand sign. She does that hand sign. Are we racist? 

Do you belong to White Nationalist social media groups or platforms?

When you read them are you nodding your head and saying yeah, that's right?

Do you counterprotest BLM  protests and seek out violence?

How many Nazi and Confederate flags, clothing, patches, bumper stickers or symbols do you own?

Do you sing white nationalist songs?

Do you pose for pictures doing that hand sign while doing any of those things or hanging out with Proud Boys, 3%, KKK, Arayan Nation, or with other white nationalist orgs?

Answer yes to any one of the above and yes, you are a racist. 

9 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

Do you belong to White Nationalist social media groups or platforms?

When you read them are you nodding your head and saying yeah, that's right?

Do you counterprotest BLM  protests and seek out violence?

How many Nazi and Confederate flags, clothing, patches, bumper stickers or symbols do you own?

Do you sing white nationalist songs?

Do you pose for pictures doing that hand sign while doing any of those things or hanging out with Proud Boys, 3%, KKK, Arayan Nation, or with other white nationalist orgs?

Answer yes to any one of the above and yes, you are a racist. 

Do you touch yourself at night?