Several shot during 3rd night of Kenosha riots

clapclapclap

13 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Race card, it’s in your head man, along with the ok sign and the confederate flag.  You’re the problem.   You.   I don’t go around causing problems because I’m an asshole.  You do.  And that’s fine, but I’m gonna call you out, asshole.  

tenor (1).gif

27 minutes ago, Captainant said:

For some reason, the resident fascism apologists insurrectionist fans culture warriors would rather talk about hand signals than violent fugitives from justice

I'm still waiting till you tell me what actually happened outside of my apartment when a dumpster fire started in front of my apartment on ground floor, a month before forest fires happened. Like you did when I told y'all that.

1 minute ago, immortal13 said:

Ditto. I guess we still have the 👍sign for when we need to express "ok"... at least for now.

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

and for the ump-teenth time (especially you @immortal13 who apparently can't read): the "OK" hand symbol is not some immediate hate symbol in ALL CONTEXTS 100% of the time.

It is "OK" in most contexts and nobody will get up in your shit for using it. But if you're hanging out with white supremacists in a bar drinking underage while skipping bail for killing BLM protesters... It's going to be interpreted as being "white power", and not as "OK".

But don't let me get in the way of your intellectually dishonest culture war and freeze frames with no context.

1 hour ago, immortal13 said:

I never said it was, dipshit. My point is that only fringe groups that may use that symbol would know....or triggered liberals like you.

lulz

23 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Let’s get this shit back on track.  Kyle Rittenhouse is a bad actor.  He killed two people unnecessarily and hangs out with fascist white power guys.  You either like that, or you don’t.   There are no both sides.  Well there are, but if you defend that shit, we know which side you’re on.  I no longer tolerate that.   

I mean fascists attacked Kyle.

18 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Let’s get this shit back on track.  Kyle Rittenhouse is a bad actor.  He killed two people unnecessarily and hangs out with fascist white power guys.  You either like that, or you don’t.   There are no both sides.  Well there are, but if you defend that shit, we know which side you’re on.  I no longer tolerate that.   

I said I wouldn't give him much benefit of the doubt, but I will say that once the fascist legal brigade jumped to his defense with their proud boy and q-anon hangers-on, it is possible that he has become more of a bad actor than he was originally.

You could almost forgive a 18 year old kid with no positive role models for becoming one of these people.  It's the grownups you really have to wonder about.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

I'm still waiting till you tell me what actually happened outside of my apartment when a dumpster fire started in front of my apartment on ground floor, a month before forest fires happened. Like you did when I told y'all that.

What post are you even talking about? Which forest fires? When? Is this back in during the summer when the cops were murdering black people for kicks and getting defended by DHS?

4 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

I mean fascists attacked Kyle.

Do you actually know what a fascist is? I mean, like on an academic and definitional level and not just a parler/4chan level of understanding? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

What post are you even talking about? Which forest fires? When? Is this back in during the summer when the cops were murdering black people for kicks and getting defended by DHS?

Do you actually know what a fascist is? I mean, like on an academic and definitional level and not just a parler/4chan level of understanding? 

All within the state, and nothing outside, c'mon the 19 people who were killed this year during the riots could have told you that when you said that I was somehow not telling the truth cause that it wasn't outside my window.

25 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

I saw your video and told you to go inside.  I assume you took my advice. Don’t get sucked in. You are too young to fuck up your life with creepos who preach white power. Life is too short to let that hate ruin your life. 

Enjoy the beauty of Oregon while you are young.  You won’t regret it when you are older. 

go in peace 

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

I saw your video and told you to go inside.  I assume you took my advice. Don’t get sucked in. You are too young to fuck up your life with creepos who preach white power. Life is too short to let that hate ruin your life. 

Enjoy the beauty of Oregon while you are young.  You won’t regret it when you are older. 

go in peace 

Hook'em, man.

• Hook 'Em 1

Paxton, Journal of Modern History 1988:

The seven mobilizing passions of facist regimes:

1) Primacy of group rights over individual or universal rights.

2) Belief that the group is a victim.

3) Belief that individualism and liberalism have a negative effect on the group.

4) A strong sense of community or brotherhood.

5) Individual self-esteem replaced by group identity.

6) Extreme support for group leadership.  Often savior-seeking.

7) The glorification of violence in devotion to the group's success.

• Hook 'Em 6

13 minutes ago, JBJ said:

3) Belief that individualism and liberalism have a negative effect on the group.

I posted it on the podcasts thread, but there's a great series that just wrapped titled "Behind the Insurrections" that covers the various fascist uprisings between world wars. Starts with the March on rome, covers the beer hall putsch, the Spanish civil war, and the French capitol insurrection on Feb 6, 1934 that eerily mirrors our own Jan 6 insurrection. 

It's good and well sourced writing, loads and loads of primary sourcing and coverage of the journalism of the day. I can't recommend it highly enough if you enjoy history and podcasts. 

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, JBJ said:

You REALLY want to go with Paxton?  It's not hard to dig, like, at all, to find some shit that should trouble you a lot (I mean, very little digging, like Wikipedia).

Paxton's five stages of fascism

1.  Intellectual exploration, where disillusionment with popular democracy manifests itself in discussions of lost national vigor

Huh.  "Lost national vigor."  Sounds like we need to "Make America Great Again."  CHECK

2.  Rooting, where a fascist movement, aided by political deadlock and polarization, becomes a player on the national stage

Interesting....using political deadlock and polarization to become a player on the national stage.  CHECK

3.  Arrival to power, where conservatives seeking to control rising leftist opposition invite fascists to share power

Fearful of the Dems gaining ground, the conservatives (GOP) will invite the crazy fascist group to share power.  CHECK, being completed as we speak.

4.  Exercise of power, where the movement and its charismatic leader control the state in balance with state institutions such as the police and traditional elites such as the clergy and business magnates.

A charismatic leader controlling the state.  INCOMPLETE.  Made a strong attempt in 2016-2020.  Expect another run at it.

5.  Radicalization or entropy, where the state either becomes increasingly radical, as did Nazi Germany, or slips into traditional authoritarian rule, as did Fascist Italy.

Cool, once the GO/Trump Party get step 3 wrapped up, and manage to pull of step 4, we'll get to find out what our future looks like!

Or here, a nice little summary of the conclusions of Paxton's 2003 book, The Anatomy of Fascism (bolding of, umm, super relevant parts):

Conclusion: What is Facism?

Fascism may be defined as a form of political behavior marked by
obsessive preoccupation with community decline, humiliation, or victimhood
and by compensatory cults of unity, energy, and purity, in which a
mass-based party of committed nationalist militants, working in uneasy
but effective collaboration with traditional elites, abandons democratic
liberties and pursues with redemptive violence
and without ethical or
legal restraints goals of internal cleansing and external expansion.

"mobilizing passions":
·• a sense of overwhelming crisis beyond the reach of any traditional
solutions;
• the primacy of the group, toward which one has duties superior
to every right, whether individual or universal, and the subordination
of the individual to it;
the belief that one's group is a victim, a sentiment that justifies
any action, without legal or moral limits, against its enemies,
both internal and external;

dread of the group's decline under the corrosive effects of individualistic
liberalism, class conflict, and alien influences;

• the need for closer integration of a purer community, by consent
if possible, or by exclusionary violence if necessary; .
the need for authority by natural chiefs (always male), culm•·
nating in a national chieftain who alone is capable of incarnating
the group's historical destiny
;

the superiority of the leader's instincts over abstract and universal
reason;

the beauty of violence and the efficacy of will, when they are
devoted to the group's success;

the right of the chosen people to dominate others without
restraint from any kind of human or divine law, right being
decided by the sole criterion of the group's prowess within a
Darwinian struggle.

Yeah.  That's all SUPER comforting to read.

1 hour ago, Hate said:

Thanks for posting that. I’ve never seen that before and now it makes sense why those idiots use it.

Their look the other way (plausible deniability) explanation is that it stands for 3 percenters.  I think the history is that the White Power meaning came first and the name 3 percenters is a cover story that came later.

21 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

You REALLY want to go with Paxton?  It's not hard to dig, like, at all, to find some shit that should trouble you a lot (I mean, very little digging, like Wikipedia).

1.  Intellectual exploration, where disillusionment with popular democracy manifests itself in discussions of lost national vigor

Huh.  "Lost national vigor."  Sounds like we need to "Make America Great Again."  CHECK

2.  Rooting, where a fascist movement, aided by political deadlock and polarization, becomes a player on the national stage

Interesting....using political deadlock and polarization to become a player on the national stage.  CHECK

3.  Arrival to power, where conservatives seeking to control rising leftist opposition invite fascists to share power

Fearful of the Dems gaining ground, the conservatives (GOP) will invite the crazy fascist group to share power.  CHECK, being completed as we speak.

4.  Exercise of power, where the movement and its charismatic leader control the state in balance with state institutions such as the police and traditional elites such as the clergy and business magnates.

A charismatic leader controlling the state.  INCOMPLETE.  Made a strong attempt in 2016-2020.  Expect another run at it.

5.  Radicalization or entropy, where the state either becomes increasingly radical, as did Nazi Germany, or slips into traditional authoritarian rule, as did Fascist Italy.

Cool, once the GO/Trump Party get step 3 wrapped up, and manage to pull of step 4, we'll get to find out what our future looks like!

Or here, a nice little summary of the conclusions of Paxton's 2003 book, The Anatomy of Fascism (bolding of, umm, super relevant parts):

Yeah.  That's all SUPER comforting to read.

HBO Documentary.  Queued (did I make a pun) up the to White Nationalist explaining it in his own words.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

Careful, James Allen Fields was part of a side that also has good people on it and is idolized by some on this site because he didn't like when people rough up a CVS.  

Their look the other way (plausible deniability) explanation is that it stands for 3 percenters.  I think the history is that the White Power meaning came first and the name 3 percenters is a cover story that came later.

What are 3 percenters?

Those dumbasses who flash the OK sign.  Troll harder.  Your shit is weak.

Fuck you. I have no idea what any of this is. Everything I know about any of these right wing nut jobs I’ve learned from Shaggy/Surly. Get off the bottle and get some help.
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

1.  Intellectual exploration, where disillusionment with popular democracy [s]manifests itself in discussions of lost national vigor[/s]

Maybe you should dig more.

The intellectual exploration is the examination of the failings of a liberal and democratic society and the creation of a new syndicalist philosophy.

This is an academic movement not a political one.  Examining the failings mostly of free-market economics, but also the impact of democracy on political and societal minorities.

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

2. Rooting, where a fascist movement, [s]aided by political deadlock and polarization,[/s] becomes a player on the national stage

Incited by the governments lack of will to enforce order.  This more closely makes the author's case, so I'm not sure why he would rewrite it.  It's basically "militias forming to quell riots."

I'm sure the rest are incorrect and/or misleading as well, but I'm stopping here.

Edited by JBJ

Just now, Hate said:

Fuck you. I have no idea what any of this is. Everything I know about any of these right wing nut jobs I’ve learned from Shaggy/Surly. Get off the bottle and get some help.

Lulz, the only bottle I’m on these days is breast milk.   I’m just really fucking tired of morons, and fascists.   Not that you are one, but if you had a fucking ounce of sense or intellectual curiosity you wouldn’t have asked that question.  Hate on...

I don’t search that kind of shit because I don’t want to. I don’t want to ever be in any way associated with those fucking morons and POSs. I have no clue who the Proud Boys are or any of the other right wing losers are. If someone here knows the answer and feels like indulging me, great. Otherwise I’ll just go on about my life having no clue who these people are or that they exist until they do something stupid and someone here posts about it.

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, Hate said:

I don’t search that kind of shit because I don’t want to. I don’t want to ever be in any way associated with those fucking morons and POSs. I have no clue who the Proud Boys are or any of the other right wing losers are. If someone here knows the answer and feels like indulging me, great. Otherwise I’ll just go on about my life having no clue who these people are or that they exist until they do something stupid and someone here posts about it.

Ok cool.   I can respect the fact that you don’t spend a ton of time watching “news” or whatever.   That’s actually probably healthy and most of us would be better off if we didn’t care as much.  I have kids and a new grandson that have to live in this place, so I’m a little sensitive about goings on.   

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Hate said:

https://www.dictionary.com/e/politics/three-percenter/

The Three Percenters are a national group that was loosely organized in 2008 by Mike Vanderboegh, the late militia leader and author of the controversial novel, Absolved. Their central ideology is a strict reading of the Second Amendment’s clauses of a ” well-regulated militia” and “right of the people to keep and bear arms,” feeling these protections permit armed insurrection in the face of governmental power grabs.

The name Three Percenters is based on a false theory that, during the American Revolution, only 2.96% of the US population actually served in George Washington’s army. Historians have estimated the percentage was closer to 15–25%, but Three Percenters are persistent in citing the debunked statistic as evidence of the US federal government as tyrannical from the start.

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, Hate said:

My broad understanding is that there are multiple groups/gangs/militias that have somewhat differing agendas but are generally in agreement on their goals.

The Proud Boys state that they are pro-Western culture/civilization chauvinistic (in both senses of the word: classical and contemporary) organization. They operate more-or-less like a street gang and often engage in street violence (in fact, they relish in it). They claim to not be racists but are often found on the opposing side at BLM protests.

The Three Percenters, on the other hand, are more like a militia group with a strongly nationalistic agenda. The name comes from their mistaken belief that only three percent of American colonials actively rebelled against the British. As a result, they think that even just a small force, such as themselves, could topple a government through revolution.

Anyway, that about sums up everything I know about either group. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, bolverk said:

My broad understanding is that there are multiple groups/gangs/militias that have somewhat differing agendas but are generally in agreement on their goals.

The Proud Boys state that they are pro-Western culture/civilization chauvinistic (in both senses of the word: classical and contemporary) organization. They operate more-or-less like a street gang and often engage in street violence (in fact, they relish in it). They claim to not be racists but are often found on the opposing side at BLM protests.

The Three Percenters, on the other hand, are more like a militia group with a strongly nationalistic agenda. The name comes from their mistaken belief that only three percent of American colonials actively rebelled against the British. As a result, they think that even just a small force, such as themselves, could topple a government through revolution.

Anyway, that about sums up everything I know about either group. 

giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1

11 minutes ago, Hate said:

Gotcha. Between this and what Bolverk posted earlier I have a fairly good ideas what these people are about.

Another one of their calling cards is the Original 13 star flag and 1776.  They think it is time for the second American revolution.  They also carry the Gadson flag and other revolutionary war symbols as calling cards.  MTG's speeches about 1776 are dog whistles to them.  

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTWH_Jv3YXyhoRVtFCRwtWL8uNCWa2zPFuHYLgJpn0KDjzRZ7Ivw-vG_LSeMK-FX43VTfvp--Y9&usqp=CAc

Heritage is a slavery and civil war dog whistle to the racists. 

• Like 2

WWG1WGA and Q are the conspiracy theory that aliens control the world through a cabal of pedophiles that get energy from drinking baby's blood and is run out of a pizza joint in Washington DC.  Q is supposedly JFK Jr and he supports Trump as the savior from the alien baby blood drinkers.  

WWG1WGA stands for Where we go one we go all.

These groups all cross pollinate so you get mutts that may be mostly Q but also III%.  I think MTG falls into this bucket.

Some of them are just racist and some are just Q but most seem to cross pollinate.

Many of them think Qanon is like fight club, first rule is don't talk about fight club.  Except they talk about it all the time.  If you ask one in the wild if they are in Qanon they might say, "No, but I have heard some of their theories.  What have you heard?" to try and feel you out for being too judgy about their crazy.

Pepe the frog is a symbol Qanon has coopted.  I have no idea what it is supposed to mean but I suspect they think they are being ironic in the Alanis Morrissette meaning of the word.

Pepe The Frog Twitch Emote Sticker Bomb Pack | Laptop Stickers | Macbook Stickers | Waterbottle Stickers | Smartphone Stickers

There that is all I know.  I think it is important to recognize these people in the wild.  I don't want to talk to them, socialize with them, or hire them for anything.  I do want to keep an eye on them for planning attacks on the capitol, they have a history of doing that now.

• Like 2

Historically speaking, nationalist groups engaging in street violence and right wing militias wrapping themselves in the flag are two pretty consistent signposts on the way to a fascist state.

The Italian black shirts started as an ultra-nationalist militia group. The founders were nationalist intellectuals, former army officers and young landowners opposing peasants' and country labourers' unions. They were organized to meet the socialists in the street and fight them. 

The German brown shirts started as street fighters and militia groups that hitler used with the complicity of the police and military to attempt the beer hall putsch. Where thereafter being foiled, no punishment was given to hitler and he was allowed to rise to power again, supported by his base that never wavered and bought into his conspiracies. 

History has lessons that we still have not learned as a society. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

Historically speaking, nationalist groups engaging in street violence and right wing militias wrapping themselves in the flag are two pretty consistent signposts on the way to a fascist state.

. . . The German brown shirts started as street fighters and militia groups that hitler used with the complicity of the police and military to attempt the beer hall putsch. Where thereafter being foiled, no punishment was given to hitler and he was allowed to rise to power again, supported by his base that never wavered and bought into his conspiracies. 

The brown shirt model dominates western united states hotspots. Prison associations are the backbone of many in Southern California. 

1 hour ago, workswithseed said:

Did you actually believe they might violently overthrow the United States of America? You shouldn't. That is not a realistic fear. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, workswithseed said:

That’s how the Jews calibrate the space laser

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 6 months later...

Movement in the Rittenhouse case: State files two new motions in Rittenhouse case: to get donor names, and use new video

As he watches some men exit a CVS store across the street, Kyle Rittenhouse can be heard saying that he wished he had his rifle so he could shoot them.

At least that's what prosecutors say is going on in the short video formerly posted on YouTube. It's part of a motion they filed to use the 29-second clip as "other acts" evidence in Rittenhouse's trial on charges he fatally shot two protesters and wounded a third during protests in Kenosha last August.

The clip, taken 15 days earlier, appears to be taken by Rittenhouse or someone with him in a car, in the evening, parked across the street from a CVS store. You can see people inside, and a Black man as he jogs out of the store.

A voice that sounds like Rittenhouse says one of the men appears to be armed. Then, he says, ""Bro I wish I had my (expletive) AR. l'd start shooting rounds at them." 

In an affidavit accompanying the motion, Kenosha County Assistant District Attorney Thomas Binger says his office obtained the video last week. It does not say how or from whom.

The motion notes Rittenhouse had no personal interaction with anyone at the CVS store.

"Quite simply, the defendant saw something, jumped to a conclusion based on exactly zero facts, and then threatened to kill someone based on his baseless assumption and wrongful interpretation," the motion reads.

"The defendant’s understanding of the proper use of his “AR” and of deadly force is crucial to this case, and this video demonstrates that the defendant was eager to use deadly force in an unlawful situation." 

Binger says the video is relevant to show Rittenshouse's state of mind when he fired the shots on Aug. 25, a crucial element to his self-defense claim.

"The video also demonstrates that the defendant fervently sought to insert himself as an armed vigilante into situations that had nothing to do with him. Finally, and perhaps most importantly, the video proves that the defendant was ready and willing to use deadly force in a situation where it was completely unjustified." 

Binger said it would be fine if a master list were given only to Schroeder, and then if only names from Kenosha County were shared with the prosecution, which he said might want to further investigate whether those people or family or associates wind up in the pool of potential jurors.

Almost immediately after Rittenhouse, then 17, was charged in the Kenosha shootings, he became a cause célèbre among some conservatives and gun rights advocates and money flowed in from around the country.

Much of it went to the #FightBack Foundation, a Texas organization his then-lawyers Lin Wood and John Pierce had formed just two weeks prior to supposedly sue news media  outlets. Wood later left the defense, and after the family fired Pierce, they started the Milo Fund, a Nevada LLC, that supposedly provides more control of donated funds by Wendy Rittenhouse, the defendant's mother. It's named after a dog Rittenhouse got while out on bail. 

Earlier, Binger filed other motions to allow "other acts" evidence -- that Rittenhouse had hit a girl who was fighting with his sister, and that he had met with members of the Proud Boys at a Racine County tavern after his arraignment in January.

Rittenhouse's lawyers say he did not know the men at the tavern, or know they were Proud Boys or that the OK sign they made with their hands in photos they took with Rittenhouse is often used by white supremacists.

TL:DR - Rittenhouse had a youtube video from 15 days before the shooting where he was watching a black guy go into a CVS and said "Bro I wish I had my (expletive) AR. l'd start shooting rounds at them." The prosecution is requesting the court to include the video as evidence to support their prosecution, arguing that "The video also demonstrates that the defendant fervently sought to insert himself as an armed vigilante into situations that had nothing to do with him. Finally, and perhaps most importantly, the video proves that the defendant was ready and willing to use deadly force in a situation where it was completely unjustified." 

The request for donor names is so they can prevent anyone who donated to his defense from serving in the jury - which is a prudent move

• 2 months later...

Not to be a downer, but I have a feeling that rittenhouse is gonna get off easy. The judge's rules for the trial are ridiculous and indicate an bias in favor of the defendant.

The people shot and killed by a child who crossed state lines with an illegally obtained firearm cannot be referred to as "victims", but the defense can frame the victims as "looters", "rioters", and "arsonists". And the defense also gets to show the video of the cops thanking rittenhouse for breaking the law and throwing him a bottle of water, mere minutes before he killed two people - because that will definitely have no influence on the jury amirite??? 

The thin blue line of authoritarianism is going to protect this shitbird and inspire more to act like him.