SNF: Saints @ Bucs

shadow_operative2.0

16 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

Brown stopped, should have worked on that in the back yard

Looked like the right read on the route tree, Brown would have been rocked continuing deep, but was actually open when he stopped and turned around.

1 minute ago, hookem48 said:

he was open because both defenders saw the pass coming

The safety for sure saw it and picked it off, but if Brady throws the comeback I think it’s a completion and the safety can’t get there in time to break it up. But you’re correct they need to work on it together regardless. 

2 hours ago, USNALonghorn said:

Taysom is a fucking monster. Thank you for getting Diaz fired in 2013.

Is there a more overhyped player in the NFL than Taysom Hill, though? Entering tonight's game, his season stats were 38 yds passing, 87 yds rushing, and 53 yds receiving. This is his 4th season in the league, and he still hasnt cracked 1000 total yds from scrimmage. Sure he has athletic ability, but he will never be a starting QB,  and his rushing/receiving production is eclipsed by about 100 people in the league. Don't get the hype. 

Edited by Blotto

1 minute ago, Blotto said:

Is there a more overhyped player in the NFL than Taysom Hill, though. Entering tonights game, his season stats were 38 yds passing, 87 yds rushing, and 53 yds receiving. This is his 4th season in the league, and he still hasnt cracked 1000 total yds from scrimmage. Sure he has athletic ability, but he will never be a starting QB,  and his rushing/receiving production is eclipsed by about 100 people in the league. Don't get the hype. 

He’s never going to excel at one role because he’s not an NFL level player at any one position. He’s a one of a kind jack-of-all trades player that can play QB, RB, WR, TE, and special teams. He can be your QB power battering ram or he can rotate in at slot receiver. He’s a 230lb dude that runs a 4.4 forty and can throw the football. The Saints have take great advantage of his versatility. I think people just admire how unique and versatile he is. His athleticism is impressive.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

He’s never going to excel at one role because he’s not an NFL level player at any one position. He’s a one of a kind jack-of-all trades player that can play QB, RB, WR, TE, and special teams. He can be your QB power battering ram or he can rotate in at slot receiver. He’s a 230lb dude that runs a 4.4 forty and can throw the football. The Saints have take great advantage of his versatility. I think people just admire how unique and versatile he is. His athleticism is impressive.

Thats kind of my point. I'm not arguing that he shouldnt be in the NFL, as the roster flexibility he provides is worthwhile. But every time he plays, the announcers trip all over each other getting in line to suck him off, and I don't get it. He's basically a RB that can catch, and there are a shitload of those  in the NFL that do that better than Taysom Hill. If he was so exceptional, I would expect more than 300 yds from scrimmage every year. Just overhyped imo when you consider his contract details

image.thumb.png.49573e9b71550bf33434c1f279ef046e.png

Edited by Blotto

8 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Thats kind of my point. I'm not arguing that he shouldnt be in the NFL, as the roster flexibility he provides is worthwhile. But every time he plays, the announcers trip all over each other getting in line to suck him off, and I don't get it. He's basically a RB that can catch, and there are a shitload of those  in the NFL that do that better than Taysom Hill. If he was so exceptional, I would expect more than 300 yds from scrimmage every year. Just overhyped imo. 

he's the only back up qb that does all that shit, it's cool to see

4 hours ago, Blotto said:

Thats kind of my point. I'm not arguing that he shouldnt be in the NFL, as the roster flexibility he provides is worthwhile. But every time he plays, the announcers trip all over each other getting in line to suck him off, and I don't get it. He's basically a RB that can catch, and there are a shitload of those  in the NFL that do that better than Taysom Hill. If he was so exceptional, I would expect more than 300 yds from scrimmage every year. Just overhyped imo when you consider his contract details

image.thumb.png.49573e9b71550bf33434c1f279ef046e.png

I would guess some of the hype is the kid is fun to watch. Maybe not McCaffrey level talant, but shit usually happens when he gets the ball. And he apparently is handy at 3rd and short. 

5 hours ago, Blotto said:

Is there a more overhyped player in the NFL than Taysom Hill, though? Entering tonight's game, his season stats were 38 yds passing, 87 yds rushing, and 53 yds receiving. This is his 4th season in the league, and he still hasnt cracked 1000 total yds from scrimmage. Sure he has athletic ability, but he will never be a starting QB,  and his rushing/receiving production is eclipsed by about 100 people in the league. Don't get the hype. 

I'd say this year it'd be more accurate to put him in the overpaid category than overhyped. He's undeniably overpaid.

But it seems like this season, broadcasters have more of a "are you fucking kidding me, why use a snap with this guy out there instead of leaving in Brees?" reaction. Past seasons maybe a little more celebratory of those snaps. Or that's how I see it anyways.