Killing Eve - BBC

VinyVango

I stumbled across a new BBC America series, Killing Eve, that has been surprisingly entertaining and interesting so far (3 episodes in)... It's about a female MI-5 agent (of sorts) tracking a hot, psychotic, female assassin... good acting... nice mix of suspense, violence and humor... just thought I'd recommend it.

On 5/1/2018 at 4:50 PM, DDD Dad said:

Last episode was damned good and funny too.  Shocked this show isn't getting much attention.

Yes it was.

but how did she miss shooting the dude when he was running in the open field - isn't she supposed to be deadlier than John Wick?

12 hours ago, BluTechsan said:

Yes it was.

but how did she miss shooting the dude when he was running in the open field - isn't she supposed to be deadlier than John Wick?

She seems to REALLY enjoy the up close and personal kills ... so perhaps she was wanting him to gas or trying to wing him and rather than get the torso kill shot... or maybe long range shooting just isn't her forte'?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I binged the entire first season a couple of weeks ago. Villanelle is so hot and such a great actress. It's impossible to take your eyes off her when she's onscreen. 

I didn't see this past Sunday's episode yet. This is really hard time of year to keep up with my dvr between NCAA and NBA basketball, baseball, hockey playoffs, and the nice weather. Maybe I'll wait until several episodes buildup before I get back into this. 

22 hours ago, Liquor and Poker said:

It’s early yet, but this season’s twin storylines of “Villanelle’s Crazy Roadtrip” and “There’s a whole new assassin and she’s an Anti-Villanelle” feel like standard “new season-where do we go from here?” stock tropes.  Not enthusiastic so far.  

Agree. I’m still hanging in. 

On 4/18/2019 at 7:57 AM, Liquor and Poker said:

It’s early yet, but this season’s twin storylines of “Villanelle’s Crazy Roadtrip” and “There’s a whole new assassin and she’s an Anti-Villanelle” feel like standard “new season-where do we go from here?” stock tropes.  Not enthusiastic so far.  

I'm fine with a little bit of "where do we go from here" because I think that the characters are what make this show entertaining (and because I can't remember fuck all of whatever convoluted plot there was about The Twelve from last season and I don't think they've done an especially good job of building in refreshers) but I had a hard time believing that Villanelle had such difficulty killing that dude. 

I'd like to watch a Villanelle and HBO Barry crossover series. 

This show is one of the best on TV right now. Still can't shake the feeling that something is up Eve's husband. But that would be a pretty predictable tv trope, which this show usually avoids, so I'm probably wrong

Team Konstantin.

16 hours ago, ajax said:

lol, I love Villanelle. Best character on TV right now.

11 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

She’s awesome. Her expressions crack me up. She’s like a child. 

Agreed. Funny as shit.  A child or a curious puppy that's rotten as hell but you still have to laugh at. 

On 4/16/2019 at 5:08 PM, 4th&Five said:

Really like this show after watching all of season 1 last week and catching up on season 2 last night. Anyone else watching?

present. 

i had similar feelings about s2 after the premiere (that it was not going anywhere, standard s2 confusion), but really like where it's heading now.

as for villanelle's facial expressions - when she was checking into the hotel and saw the clerk's vodka, they exchanged looks, and i cracked up and had to rewind it and watch again.  after a slow start, i'm excited now again for where it's going.

agreed about the husband - there's a story there waiting to happen.

This was a great Villanelle episode.  BORING, they look like bacon, "get a real life" and the look she gave that instagram chick, tripping the girl in the bar, and one of her best murders...

• 3 weeks later...

Is this show starting to suck? It used to be so awesome. 

I started watching the next to last episode and I had to turn it off 10 minutes in. Eve and Villanelle don't work as coworkers and jealous lovers. Villanelle has become lame and Eve is even worse. I'll have to rewatch and power through it. Hopefully it's just a momentary misstep.

I really enjoy this show and think Villanelle is an outstanding character and one of the most promising on TV. And Sandra Oh has always annoyed me, but I enjoy the rest of this show enough that I generally overlook that. 

That being said, I find myself just wondering "what the fuck is happening" in this show far more often than I understand. I feel like there's so much left off-screen, or implied, or just hastily and/or poorly explained that I just need to stop trying to figure out the who, hoe, why, etc., of the underlying (I hesitate to even call it a "story") "subframe." 

Am I the only one who just has to say "fuck it, whatever, don't worry about it" constantly with this show?

I don't know if this has anything to do with my peculiar bewilderment, but it's almost as if this show can't decide whether to be a serial, on-going plot or a more episodic "murder of the week" format. I personally much prefer the one-off nonsense that allows Villanelle's character to shine through versus the overarching "The Twelve"/Eve's Workplace Intrigue bullshit. 

Edited by Prepuce of Doom

I love this show. I agree with you though. This year was so bizarre in so many ways. And there were too much confusing stuff. To me, it was better last year when there was a true cat and mouse mystery. Eve chasing Villanelle. Villanelle’s crush on Eve. This year, with the villains working with the good guys, was strange and weird feeling, and often times didn’t make sense. And the ending? What a cliff hanger. But, I felt like I’d seen it before. 

Edited by Brandywine