Tell me about TCU

Longboard Horn

• 2 weeks later...

Dykes spent every dime of goodwill he had from the NC game run on hiring a rape-enabling POS that sucks at his job. Of course TCU admin couldn’t tell him no on the hire after he took them to the NC game. So they spit in the face of the olds (like me), and let him do it.
Well, the chickens have come home to roost. TCU has to beat two of three, UT, BU, OUsux, to get bowl eligible. I hope they lose all three.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

On 10/22/2023 at 4:38 PM, nnm said:

Dykes burned all his goodwill from the CFP champ game run on hiring a rape enabling POS who isn’t good at his job. Disgusting. 

14 minutes ago, nnm said:

Dykes spent every dime of goodwill he had from the NC game run on hiring a rape-enabling POS that sucks at his job.  

I’m gonna get the papers, get the papers. 

• Like 2

Texas needs to kick toads asses on Saturday

76pkpp.gif

Still enjoying that 65-7 beatdown jawja gave the toads last January!!!

--------------------------------------------

Here's toads preview podcast for Texas.  

https://www.frogsowar.com/2023/11/9/23954471/frogs-up-podcast-texas-longhorns-preview

Edited by LTtxfan

On 11/12/2023 at 9:12 AM, LTtxfan said:

Dykes:  "I thought the officiating was terrible and embarrassingly bad"    (3:38 mark)

TCU HC Sonny Dykes Texas postgame

It was bad Sonny.  And there were as many or more bad flags or ignored flags in TCU's favor.  

Not to mention the line judge was screwing Texas all night on spots.

• Haha 1

On 11/17/2023 at 7:23 AM, Longboard Horn said:

My God, does every fucking rivalry game need a participation trophy now?! That's stupid. 

It's not a participation trophy.  Personally, I think rivalry/trophy games are one of the great things about college football.  No, they aren't all great rivalries, but whatever.  It's part of what makes college football unique and awesome.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Sources: TCU to make coordinator change.   Spoiler -- it's not Briles

giphy.gif

Joe Gillespie will not return as TCU's defensive coordinator, sources told FootballScoop on Sunday.

ZACH BARNETT   17 HOURS AGO

Joe Gillespie will not return as TCU's defensive coordinator, sources told FootballScoop on Sunday.

Sources indicated Sonny Dykes has his next chief defensive assistant in mind. The new coordinator will be an experienced name that comes from outside the program, sources said.

Gillespie joined the program from Tulsa after Dykes took the job, and was a major part in the Frogs' magical run to the 2022 national title game. 

However, TCU slunk back to 5-7 this season. The Frogs allowed 27.8 points per game, including 69 to Oklahoma in a win-or-stay home game to conclude the season. 

Corners coach Carlton Buckles, safeties coach Paul Gonzales, and defensive line coach JaMarkus McFarland are expected to return, sources said. 

A longtime Texas high school coach Gillespie joined the college ranks as the linebackers coach at Tulsa in 2015. Philip Montgomery promoted him to defensive coordinator in 2019, where he remained until returning to Texas as a member of Dykes's staff in 2022. 

• 2 months later...

Former Nebraska assistant returns to Texas in off-field role at TCU

One of the top high school coaches in Texas is back in the Lone Star State.

ZACH BARNETT            10 HOURS AGO

Former Nebraska tight ends coach Bob Wager is expected to join TCU's staff in a high school relations role, according to Matt Zenitz of 247Sports.

A New York State native, Wager moved cross-country to pursue a career in Texas high school coaching in the early 1990s. He landed the head coaching job at tiny Tolar High School in 1998, and by 2006 was the head coach at Arlington Martin, located in between Dallas and Fort Worth.

Taking over a program with only four playoff appearances prior to his arrival, Wager went 143-64-1 with 17 playoff appearances, seven undefeated district titles, and nine berths in the Sweet 16 in Texas's highest level.

That success landed Wager a job on Matt Rhule's inaugural Nebraska staff, but he resigned in July after he was cited for DUI. 

Sonny Dykes recently lost a stalwart in his recruiting department after recruiting coordinator Eron Hodges left for Alabama in January , and so Wager's hiring will bolster the Frogs' connections in Texas high schools.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...