2021 transfer thread

Machinator

2 hours ago, Askew said:

Incredible. 

As a non-fat person who generally eats way more than most people I know, my grounds rules would be: 

1) Eating half of the 3-foot remainder that sat for hours is totally fair game. At that point the party is getting close to leftovers/finish-the-food mode. 

2) Dick move to "wait" 10 minutes and then just quietly snarf the last remaining half.  Everyone knows that you make a call-out in that situation and ask if anyone wants some before Joey-Chestnutting the final few feet of that sandwich. And I put wait in quotes because jabba here definitely didn't wait all 10 and was probably feverishly counting down the seconds before he could sneak-waddle back into the kitchen and get his hotdog fingers onto that sandwich. 

All of that said, given how easy he makes it sound to put down 3 feet of sandwich within a matter of minutes, all of these party people should have known this was liable to happen and should have gotten their sandwich helpings proactively. 

The biggest give away for me was him being constantly monitoring the time and remaining food

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, texifornia said:

Think the Frogs got the better end of that trade of offensive linemen on paper.  Austin at times looked like he was made of paper blocking last season which was a big letdown from how he looked 2-3 years ago. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Browsing PFF and they have CB, Kaleb Ford-Dement listed as their #9 portaler.

https://247sports.com/player/kaleb-ford-dement-46078865/

From Whitehouse, then Kilgore, then ODU, now back in the portal. Committed to UCLA, couldn't get in. The multiple xfers don't bother me because he's always moving vertically. Offers reported from uga, rtb, and msu. Reportedly runs a 4.4 laser. 

Banks and Cole Moore (aDPP for defense) are following.

1 minute ago, quigley said:

He's being having seizures. I hope he's healthy and can get a degree. Football is gravy at this point.

Yeah this is a sad story but he's also supposed to be a headcase and a half, so it's hard to know exactly where the lines are around his issues.

(Reposting content on transfers.)

Mike at Night: Top schools and transfer targets

Spoiler

Mike Roach

— In talking to sources, there is a legitimate interest in Clemson transfer Derion Kendrick. The Longhorns are in the race along with several other schools, but it seems like the main three are the Longhorns, Georgia and Florida. A native of Rock Hill (SC), Kendrick was dismissed from the Clemson program in February after violating team rules several times. In checking with sources, there is some apprehension about taking him with that baggage, but I get the sense Texas is doing its due diligence on the case.

— As I reported earlier today, despite a report from another outlet, Texas transfer commit Ovie Oghoufo said he still plans on transferring to Austin in the summer. Oghoufo committed to Texas and Steve Sarkisian shortly after he arrived and will graduate in May from Notre Dame. There is nothing binding Oghoufo to Texas at this time so he can make any other decision before enrolling in June. In talking to Oghoufo, he said reports of him having second thoughts about the Longhorns are not true and he can't wait to make it to Texas.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, texifornia said:

Yeah this is a sad story but he's also supposed to be a headcase and a half, so it's hard to know exactly where the lines are around his issues.

Seizure disorders are often accompanied by other neuropsychiatric disorders. This is nothing to trifle with. Football probably isn't the best option for him.

4 hours ago, quigley said:

Seizure disorders are often accompanied by other neuropsychiatric disorders. This is nothing to trifle with. Football probably isn't the best option for him.

What are his other options for pursuing a college degree? Is he a Rhodes candidate? Are his fabulously wealthy aunt and uncle going to backstop his finances as he pursues a vaunted Ivy degree? Are his skills with the Cello about to pay off with a full ride from Juilliard?

A lot of times the faux empathy and platitudes I can ignore, but let’s not belabor the premise of alternatives for this imbecile. He’s been rock stupid from day one. Alabama chalked him up as a bad evaluation and moved him to their X-files list within a week of his arrival. He’s a fucking clown. You don’t know him. Give us a break on the virtue signaling for a 21 year old “kid” that can’t handle winning when it is handed to him on a silver platter. 

• Fuck You 2

That sounds an awful lot like pseudosiezures. 3-5 day EEGs are often a test used to prove events are non-epileptiform and rarely are that useful for someone with true epilepsy. Also, epileptologists have some newer medications that are controlling epilepsy that were previously intractable. I have a hard time seeing him falling through the cracks if it was felt these were epileptiform.

There are also rare situations where you are using the 3-5 day EEGs to localize a focus and hope for a unilateral finding that would lead to potential neurosurgery, but again I doubt he would've "fallen through the cracks" in this scenario.

11 hours ago, Getafix said:

(Reposting content on transfers.)

Reveal hidden contents

Mike Roach

— In talking to sources, there is a legitimate interest in Clemson transfer Derion Kendrick. The Longhorns are in the race along with several other schools, but it seems like the main three are the Longhorns, Georgia and Florida. A native of Rock Hill (SC), Kendrick was dismissed from the Clemson program in February after violating team rules several times. In checking with sources, there is some apprehension about taking him with that baggage, but I get the sense Texas is doing its due diligence on the case.

— As I reported earlier today, despite a report from another outlet, Texas transfer commit Ovie Oghoufo said he still plans on transferring to Austin in the summer. Oghoufo committed to Texas and Steve Sarkisian shortly after he arrived and will graduate in May from Notre Dame. There is nothing binding Oghoufo to Texas at this time so he can make any other decision before enrolling in June. In talking to Oghoufo, he said reports of him having second thoughts about the Longhorns are not true and he can't wait to make it to Texas.

Sark! Tap the brakes just once for this one

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, maninblack said:

Remind me how much eligibility he has left?

He was a 2018 recruit and I think he redshirted, plus he has the extra year if he wants it, so he basically can hang around through 2023 and be a six year guy if he wants, but I doubt that happens 

2 minutes ago, Fud said:

He was a 2018 recruit and I think he redshirted, plus he has the extra year if he wants it, so he basically can hang around through 2023 and be a six year guy if he wants, but I doubt that happens 

Yeah, my guess would be he stays here two years. I don’t expect he’ll have a big enough season to go to the draft after next season. Thornton’s probably similar, though with his athleticism, he might flash enough to leave for the draft after one year. 

1 minute ago, Burt Macklin said:

Yeah, my guess would be he stays here two years. I don’t expect he’ll have a big enough season to go to the draft after next season. Thornton’s probably similar, though with his athleticism, he might flash enough to leave for the draft after one year. 

Thornton is 2016, so he's a sixth year guy this year. Same with Dunn and potentially Davis

1 minute ago, Burt Macklin said:

Wow. I didn’t realize Thornton was 2016. It’s pretty crazy how little he’s played while being at LSU for the last 5 years. 

His position at LSU was pretty loaded while he was there; Arden Key, Klavon Chaisson, Michael Divinity, Jabrill Cox, etc

He did rotate in for first team snaps in big games throughout his career, and got a fumble recovery against Bama in 2019 and Florida in 2020

He was known as a good team player and hard worker 

11 hours ago, closetojumping said:

What are his other options for pursuing a college degree? Is he a Rhodes candidate? Are his fabulously wealthy aunt and uncle going to backstop his finances as he pursues a vaunted Ivy degree? Are his skills with the Cello about to pay off with a full ride from Juilliard?

A lot of times the faux empathy and platitudes I can ignore, but let’s not belabor the premise of alternatives for this imbecile. He’s been rock stupid from day one. Alabama chalked him up as a bad evaluation and moved him to their X-files list within a week of his arrival. He’s a fucking clown. You don’t know him. Give us a break on the virtue signaling for a 21 year old “kid” that can’t handle winning when it is handed to him on a silver platter. 

In your ignorance you appear both stupid and callous. I hope it is a shtick because this time it's disgusting, not funny. 

Seizure disorders themselve can cause mood lability and difficulty learning. Anti-epileptic meds also can have neurologic and psychiatric side effects, sometimes debilitating. The anxiety of not having control of your mind and body is just as terrible as it sounds, and it appears this guy has this anxiety. Repeated impact to the head, like in football, would not be recommended even if his seizure disorder was controlled. The fact that it isn't controlled eliminates his potential participation.

Feel fortunate you don't have first hand knowledge of epilepsy. Keep your ignorance to yourself.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, MoJames said:

That sounds an awful lot like pseudosiezures. 3-5 day EEGs are often a test used to prove events are non-epileptiform and rarely are that useful for someone with true epilepsy. Also, epileptologists have some newer medications that are controlling epilepsy that were previously intractable. I have a hard time seeing him falling through the cracks if it was felt these were epileptiform.

There are also rare situations where you are using the 3-5 day EEGs to localize a focus and hope for a unilateral finding that would lead to potential neurosurgery, but again I doubt he would've "fallen through the cracks" in this scenario.

Pseudoseizures can be hard to diagnose looking at the patient, definitely hard over the internet. As I read it, he didn't get the overnight EEGs. They aren't necessarily diagnostic either.

There are several types of seizure that require multiple meds, each with their own side effects. The fact that his disorder isn't controlled would make participation in football difficult to imagine.

Lastly, what would be his secondary gain from this malingering? It's destroying his ability to participate in the sport that's his meal ticket.

14 hours ago, quigley said:

Pseudoseizures can be hard to diagnose looking at the patient, definitely hard over the internet. As I read it, he didn't get the overnight EEGs. They aren't necessarily diagnostic either.

There are several types of seizure that require multiple meds, each with their own side effects. The fact that his disorder isn't controlled would make participation in football difficult to imagine.

Lastly, what would be his secondary gain from this malingering? It's destroying his ability to participate in the sport that's his meal ticket.

Pseudoseizures can be hard to diagnose as the often can co-exist with true epilepsy. However, isolated pseudoseizures are not difficult to diagnosis. The lack of a postictal state, retrained consciousness with bilateral symptoms, duration well over minutes all point towards pseudoseizures. Rarely do patient's educate themselves enough to provide an event which is consistent with epilepsy. As well, it is rarely true malingering. Often these patient's have underlying behavioral health concerns that lead them to produce somatic disorders.

Having epilepsy is NOT a deterrent to any contact sports once you obtain a head image ruling out a mass/lesion causing the events. The only restrictions applied to a patient with epilepsy are you cannot work/play in open water, work/play at heights greater than 4 feet and you are not allowed to operate heavy machinery including cars until event free for a period of time. None of that is required to play football.

The medications in epilepsy including Breviact, Aptiom, Xcopri, etc are all moving the needle on better controlling epilepsy with monotherapy and often if the patient requires dual therapy, the chances of abating the epilepsy drops substantially. The side effects of these new generation epileptic medications are drastically improved from the crap that was used 20 years ago (Dilantin, Depakote, Tegretol, etc) making it possible to lead a normal life.

I have plenty of epilepsy and pseudoseizure patients and rarely are the true epilepsy patients quick to blame everyone else around them for their problems.

• Hook 'Em 4

4 hours ago, MoJames said:

Pseudoseizures can be hard to diagnose as the often can co-exist with true epilepsy. However, isolated pseudoseizures are not difficult to diagnosis. The lack of a postictal state, retrained consciousness with bilateral symptoms, duration well over minutes all point towards pseudoseizures. Rarely do patient's educate themselves enough to provide an event which is consistent with epilepsy. As well, it is rarely true malingering. Often these patient's have underlying behavioral health concerns that lead them to produce somatic disorders.

Having epilepsy is NOT a deterrent to any contact sports once you obtain a head image ruling out a mass/lesion causing the events. The only restrictions applied to a patient with epilepsy are you cannot work/play in open water, work/play at heights greater than 4 feet and you are not allowed to operate heavy machinery including cars until event free for a period of time. None of that is required to play football.

The medications in epilepsy including Breviact, Aptiom, Xcopri, etc are all moving the needle on better controlling epilepsy with monotherapy and often if the patient requires dual therapy, the chances of abating the epilepsy drops substantially. The side effects of these new generation epileptic medications are drastically improved from the crap that was used 20 years ago (Dilantin, Depakote, Tegretol, etc) making it possible to lead a normal life.

I have plenty of epilepsy and pseudoseizure patients and rarely are the true epilepsy patients quick to blame everyone else around them for their problems.

All good points. I still wouldn't surmise that someone is having pseudoseizures based on what I hear on the internet.

If seizure are controlled, that shouldn't eliminate football for him, agreed. If he's having absence events while playing DL on a  D-1 team, that exposes him to great harm, and I wouldn't recommend it.

"Moving the needle" is doing a lot of work in that sentence. Since you see a lot of these patients, you probably also know that there are types of seizures that remain poorly responsive to the newer drugs.

I'm done talking about this.

Take the fucking cash bruh...nvm it was LSU, he did
Yeah, he just took a down payment with the promise that $1.8 mil will be substantially more in 3 years. Hope it works out for him.

Kid wont be driving a 6 year old base model Corolla from Billy Bobs deluxe used autos.

On 3/11/2021 at 6:36 PM, quigley said:

In your ignorance you appear both stupid and callous. I hope it is a shtick because this time it's disgusting, not funny. 

Seizure disorders themselve can cause mood lability and difficulty learning. Anti-epileptic meds also can have neurologic and psychiatric side effects, sometimes debilitating. The anxiety of not having control of your mind and body is just as terrible as it sounds, and it appears this guy has this anxiety. Repeated impact to the head, like in football, would not be recommended even if his seizure disorder was controlled. The fact that it isn't controlled eliminates his potential participation.

Feel fortunate you don't have first hand knowledge of epilepsy. Keep your ignorance to yourself.

1) I was addressing your premise that this idiot, irrespective of perceived or real medical issues, was going to have other routes towards a college degree besides football. You had an idiotic premise in that regard and he doesn’t have a prayer of winding up with a degree without football because he’s an imbecile. You and the morons negging me for tone are the typical clowns who choose virtue signaling and public emoting versus following the actual substance of a conversation. Your position regarding choices for a degree for this guy didn’t stand on its own, so you come back and instead tell me I am a bad person because you believe, or want to smear, the premise on me that I’m insensitive to medical issues of the mind. That some dipshits on here supported you for the non sequitur is simply reflective of this board’s collective room temperature IQ. 

2) The guy is a fucking asshole and dipshit. Some terminal cancer patients are amazing people. Some terminal cancer patients have died of it on death row. A medical issue doesn’t spare a person from judgment, but for the coelenterates who can’t form an opinion unless their psychiatrist and followers on Twitter support them for it. This guy is a clown of the highest order, leaning on a medical issue for sympathy, and perpetually acting like a fucking asshole to those around him as he blames programs and people for why he can’t stick or start. 

But yeah, you guys should send him some Hallmark cards and tell him in public on social media that he’s a fucking hero that only you understand. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

1) I was addressing your premise that this idiot, irrespective of perceived or real medical issues, was going to have other routes towards a college degree besides football. You had an idiotic premise in that regard and he doesn’t have a prayer of winding up with a degree without football because he’s an imbecile. You and the morons negging me for tone are the typical clowns who choose virtue signaling and public emoting versus following the actual substance of a conversation. Your position regarding choices for a degree for this guy didn’t stand on its own, so you come back and instead tell me I am a bad person because you believe, or want to smear, the premise on me that I’m insensitive to medical issues of the mind. That some dipshits on here supported you for the non sequitur is simply reflective of this board’s collective room temperature IQ. 

2) The guy is a fucking asshole and dipshit. Some terminal cancer patients are amazing people. Some terminal cancer patients have died of it on death row. A medical issue doesn’t spare a person from judgment, but for the coelenterates who can’t form an opinion unless their psychiatrist and followers on Twitter support them for it. This guy is a clown of the highest order, leaning on a medical issue for sympathy, and perpetually acting like a fucking asshole to those around him as he blames programs and people for why he can’t stick or start. 

But yeah, you guys should send him some Hallmark cards and tell him in public on social media that he’s a fucking hero that only you understand. 

Talk about Cluster B disorders...

Your world is very black and white.

I envy your ability to know the character of people almost certainly don't know well and, better yet, predict their future. If only I'd had you as a mentor when I flunked out of school to tell me what my future held.