Jump to content
ConferenceRoom

New Tool Album: They really mean it this time. Maybe.

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

Same for me but Lateralus. Bought it at Tower Records on the drag. 

waited in line at that very tower records to purchase it at midnight the day it was released. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Greg Davis Apologist said:

I can probably count on one hand the number of CD's I've purchased since 10,000 Days, but I know I'll buy this one.

I'm pretty sure the format is what he was referencing, not just buying music. You must be old. (join the club). Most cars I've rented lately don't have CD players. I remember renting them when it was a big deal if it had CD instead of cassette   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dennis Taylor said:

I'm pretty sure the format is what he was referencing, not just buying music. You must be old. (join the club). Most cars I've rented lately don't have CD players. I remember renting them when it was a big deal if it had CD instead of cassette   

Yeah, I'm old.

I'm a man. I'm 40.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It just occurred to me I’d need to rip a new album and none of the laptops in our house have disk drives. Lol at buying the album AND an external drive to rip it! Hopefully the guys have gotten over their hang up about iTunes etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

Where can you buy CD's now anyways? Wal-Mart? 

My favorite option is the Amazon AutoRip, where you get the MP3's for immediate download when you buy the CD. Saves the hassle of doing my own rip while keeping a full-quality archive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/29/2019 at 9:03 AM, Dennis Taylor said:

I'm pretty sure the format is what he was referencing, not just buying music. You must be old. (join the club). Most cars I've rented lately don't have CD players. I remember renting them when it was a big deal if it had CD instead of cassette   

Yep.

10,000 Days was my last CD, then I went the torrent route for MP3s for a while. Gave that up when Spotify came around. I pay for a Spotify family plan.  I got a turntable around Christmas '18 and have bought 141 albums on vinyl since then.  I'll buy the new Tool album on vinyl.

Edited by CooterBrown

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

46&2 is the single greatest song ever written. This entire list is therefore pure shit. End of discussion. Rebutt at your own peril.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

46&2 is the song all casual Tool fans pick. Lateralus is a worthy choice but I’m partial to Third Eye myself.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46&2 is the song all casual Tool fans pick. Lateralus is a worthy choice but I’m partial to Third Eye myself.
 


Oh, it’s go time now mother fucker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol

Also, Rosetta Stoned is criminally underrated on that list. A personal fave and exquisite example of Tool’s sense of humor while still being just technically sick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Lol

Also, Rosetta Stoned is criminally underrated on that list. A personal fave and exquisite example of Tool’s sense of humor while still being just technically sick.

Also one of my favorites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wings for Marie/10k days should not be top 10


It’s pretty damn powerful. “Give me my wings” still makes the room dusty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also that list says that nobody knows who Eulogy is dedicated to. I always thought that it was Bill Hicks? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Also that list says that nobody knows who Eulogy is dedicated to. I always thought that it was Bill Hicks? 


No, they admired Hicks. Eulogy is a roasting.

Henry Rollins was the guess of the toolshed guys, iirc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/5/2019 at 6:43 PM, Buzzrock said:

46&2 is the song all casual Tool fans pick. Lateralus is a worthy choice but I’m partial to Third Eye myself.

 

Yep.  Tool's magnum opus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


It’s pretty damn powerful. “Give me my wings” still makes the room dusty.


Totally agree. I mean half their songs are about his mom, but that one has some serious weight.

Yep.  Tool's magnum opus.


It doesn’t hurt that they opened with it on the Aenima tour when I saw them, and I was on half a hit of acid. That was a good night.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/tool/1996/international-ballroom-atlanta-ga-7bd44e8c.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

It doesn’t hurt that they opened with it on the Aenima tour when I saw them, and I was on half a hit of acid. That was a good night. 

 

Hehe!  I like your style.  Same tour.  The Bronco Bowl in Dallas on a full hit.  I was out of body for a little while.

Edited by TriStone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, TriStone said:

Hehe!  I like your style.  Same tour.  The Bronco Bowl in Dallas on a full hit.  I was out of body for a little while.

I was gonna say "I thought the Aenima tour stop in Dallas was at Fair Park"... it was.. 2 years later. They did that tour for almost 3 years and hit Dallas 3 times. 

 

Man.. Bronco Bowl. That brings back memories. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It blows my mind that they tore that place down.  I don't know if it was the house sound guy or the shape of the room affecting acoustics or what, but every band I saw there sounded amazing.  Even Korn sounded fantastic in that room, so you can imagine what Tool was like in there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Atlanta stop was the International Ballroom, affectionately and unimaginatively known as the IB, also now torn down. Saw some good shows there back in the day. Looks like the last band to play there was A Perfect Circle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TriStone said:

It blows my mind that they tore that place down.  I don't know if it was the house sound guy or the shape of the room affecting acoustics or what, but every band I saw there sounded amazing.  Even Korn sounded fantastic in that room, so you can imagine what Tool was like in there.

I saw Staind and Kid Rock open up for Limp Bizkit there /csb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crawl Away at 38 is straight up   Horse. Shit.  Flood at 30 is criminal... especially with Hooker at 21.  This list is garbage and I'm not even in the top 20..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/6/2019 at 9:15 PM, Buzzrock said:

 


Totally agree. I mean half their songs are about his mom, but that one has some serious weight.



It doesn’t hurt that they opened with it on the Aenima tour when I saw them, and I was on half a hit of acid. That was a good night.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/tool/1996/international-ballroom-atlanta-ga-7bd44e8c.html

 

i saw these two shows at the International Ballroom in Houston

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/tool/1994/international-ballroom-houston-tx-33d90811.html   (No info but cool to be able to look up the date)

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/tool/1996/international-ballroom-houston-tx-13d599e5.html 

 

the one in Houston was a sketchy old grocery store on Main and Fondren. Saw several other awesome shows there like NIN w/ Manson, Deftones, Soundgarden, The Cult and others  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

i saw these two shows at the International Ballroom in Houston

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/tool/1994/international-ballroom-houston-tx-33d90811.html   (No info but cool to be able to look up the date)

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/tool/1996/international-ballroom-houston-tx-13d599e5.html 

 

the one in Houston was a sketchy old grocery store on Main and Fondren. Saw several other awesome shows there like NIN w/ Manson, Deftones, Soundgarden, The Cult and others  

Wasn't that place called the Unicorn, or something like that? I remember seeing Jane's Addiction there, and it was so humid in there, the old grocery store vinyl tile floor was like a slip n slide.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Wasn't that place called the Unicorn, or something like that? I remember seeing Jane's Addiction there, and it was so humid in there, the old grocery store vinyl tile floor was like a slip n slide.

The Unicorn was also a sketchy former grocery store but in an even shittier part of town at Tidwell and 59...many legendary bands played there BITD    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it's a countdown, that's the number of days until the next album is released. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...