Jump to content

Recommended Posts

good for her ^^.  so many chicks in this town go through their 20's playing "bar girl" and "nurse #2" and then give up without anyone knowing who they are.

beth is dragging the show down for me, but i like the rest of the storylines.  i'm liking how the meth-head mercy killing is gonna come back on the van murder situation.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

good for her ^^.  so many chicks in this town go through their 20's playing "bar girl" and "nurse #2" and then give up without anyone knowing who they are.

beth is dragging the show down for me, but i like the rest of the storylines.  i'm liking how the meth-head mercy killing is gonna come back on the van murder situation.

 

Van is absolutely not a "murder" situation assuming the girl actually tells the story as it happened.  But I get that it will complicate things.

At worst I think Kayce is guilty of failure to report a crime, and illegal disposing of a body.   although the penalty for the body disposal can be pretty harsh- its a felony in most states

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

Van is absolutely not a "murder" situation assuming the girl actually tells the story as it happened.  But I get that it will complicate things.

At worst I think Kayce is guilty of failure to report a crime, and illegal disposing of a body.   although the penalty for the body disposal can be pretty harsh- its a felony in most states

i didn't mean it like that.  maybe i should have said "killing" or "homicide".  i get that it was justified and he's not going to be looked at as a 'murderer' or likely be charged in either scenario.  both van guys shot at him (although one was while he was being chased).  i just liked how those two events are overlapping because of the deputy and the gun swap.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Beth is getting in Betty territory on Mad Men.

 

I was really hoping she shot herself...IDGAF how much harder you think Momma’s death was for you, bitch.  It wasn’t easier for anyone.

Edited by slorch
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, slorch said:

Beth is getting in Betty territory on Mad Men.

 

I was really hoping she shot herself...IDGAF how much harder you think Momma’s death was for you, bitch.  It wasn’t easier for anyone.

i totally forgot this.  while i was watching, the instant we see in the truck that she's still alive, i was thinking, "i'm gonna go on the yellowstone thread and ask if i was the only one hoping she did it."

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

i totally forgot this.  while i was watching, the instant we see in the truck that she's still alive, i was thinking, "i'm gonna go on the yellowstone thread and ask if i was the only one hoping she did it."

Yeah, put me in the group who had their fingers crossed that her brains were splattered all over the inside of that truck.

Of course, they couldn't stop there with the nonsense.  We had to listen to that ridiculous screaming from her once they got back to the house. 

I don't know if this gal is just getting bad parts or if she's just bad herself.  The only other thing I remember seeing her in was True Detective S2 as Vaughn's girlfriend.  That character was a pain, too.

Link to post
Share on other sites



The only other thing I remember seeing her in was True Detective S2 as Vaughn's girlfriend.  That character was a pain, too.
She was the dope whore with a heart of gold in Flight with Denzel.

Link to post
Share on other sites

so I guess I really wasnt paying that much attention the first 4 episodes (because, well, bewbs, ass, and murders), but I guess I completely missed how "small town" this massive ranch is in Montana in which the sitting widowed governor  is happily fucking the largest single landowner in the state, while allowing his son to run for attorney general. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

dickbreath mcstuffins and injun pissbucket are brewin up somethin bad and I don’t like it.  I want old man dutton to lay waste to his enemies and sit atop his empire while their ashes burn.  unfortunately I don’t think it’s gonna turn out that way. 

Spoiler

really sucks to see monica go.  she’s pure smoke and I’ve been in love with her since wind river.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RPM said:
  Hide contents

I hate to say it but I think they just killed off the hot feather chick. Didn't see her in the promo after the show.

 

Spoiler

I think they did.  there was a voiceover of kayce in the promo saying something like all had to do now is care for the child.  probably because mama’s dead.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, futureman said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I think they did.  there was a voiceover of kayce in the promo saying something like all had to do now is care for the child.  probably because mama’s dead.

 

Spoiler

 

I'll fucking hate it if they did. One, she was smoke. Two, such a bullshit way to do it. 


 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lateshow said:
  Hide contents

 

I'll fucking hate it if they did. One, she was smoke. Two, such a bullshit way to do it. 

 

 

 

 

 

Yep. Writers kinda f'd that up (the way they did it). She had promise in story line and possible nuditity scenes.

 Anyone have explanation?

Edited by EastTexan
Link to post
Share on other sites

The show continues to impress with music - beginning of the episode, music playing was from Unforgiven.  Definitely one of my favorite shows on TV but....

 

...since it's one of my favorite shows, I knew they'd fuck it up somehow, and they did by killing off the smokeshow.

Edited by solamente73
English is hard, apparently
Link to post
Share on other sites

so we're gonna make a one hour drama and the entire cast is white dudes.  except we need to have one chick, so we're gonna make her a red head, and to over compensate, we're gonna make her a super badass and even though she's not attractive, everyone wants to fuck her. 

am i talking about yellowstone?  am i talking about succession?  what show will be next?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

so we're gonna make a one hour drama and the entire cast is white dudes.  except we need to have one chick, so we're gonna make her a red head, and to over compensate, we're gonna make her a super badass and even though she's not attractive, everyone wants to fuck her. 

am i talking about yellowstone?  am i talking about succession?  what show will be next?

can’t speak for succession but there are no black folk in montana. and there’s still a black cowboy on the show.  injuns are the minority group well represented.  watch the wire if you need more color.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, futureman said:

can’t speak for succession but there are no black folk in montana. and there’s still a black cowboy on the show.  injuns are the minority group well represented.  watch the wire if you need more color.  

not really into cop shows, but thanks for the rec.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lat22 said:

Just sitting here watching Truck Tech this morning when they showed a “3 episodes left” preview. Couple of scenes that were definitely not in the earlier previews.

according to imdb there are 4 episodes left.  10 total. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I absolutely love Taylor Sheridans work... until this. Sicario 2 was good not great, but as I understand it, much of his writing/vision was lost by ad-libbing and a new director. So he gets a pass from me in that regard. His other 3 scripts/films have been outstanding

 

However, I expected more from this show. It has a ton of problems. The camera work and acting are fine, but the plot(s) and direction are largely lacking

 

1) Like others have said, there isnt really anyone to root for. All of the characters are pieces of shit, and they likely just killed off one of the few good people in the show. 

 

2) The plot lines are all over the fucking map. Some plots have gone nowhere, others have gone away for 2-3 episodes, only to come back randomly.

 

3) The killing of multiple people is a little excessive and a little unrealistic. Also, the fact that everything bad that can happen in the west has happened or is happening in this show is also tiresome. A random rape in the middle of the desert? Check. Colon cancer removed? Check. Kid saved from raging river? Check. Ranchers fight over cattle and 2 people are killed? Check. Crazy daughter semi falls in love with head ranch hand? Check. Breaking in a new horse for 4 episodes? Check Etc etc

 

Im still going to watch all of this season and the next, but I really hope season 1 is just laying groundwork and character development for the future. This isnt Sheridans best work, but its at least mildly entertaining. I feel as though hes run through 3 seasons of plots in less than half  a season. Hes losing me

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/5/2018 at 9:20 AM, Lat22 said:

Just sitting here watching Truck Tech this morning when they showed a “3 episodes left” preview. Couple of scenes that were definitely not in the earlier previews.

You sure they didn't do the ever popular "Thee episodes left before the season finale" schtick?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

I absolutely love Taylor Sheridans work... until this. Sicario 2 was good not great, but as I understand it, much of his writing/vision was lost by ad-libbing and a new director. So he gets a pass from me in that regard. His other 3 scripts/films have been outstanding

 

However, I expected more from this show. It has a ton of problems. The camera work and acting are fine, but the plot(s) and direction are largely lacking

 

1) Like others have said, there isnt really anyone to root for. All of the characters are pieces of shit, and they likely just killed off one of the few good people in the show. 

 

2) The plot lines are all over the fucking map. Some plots have gone nowhere, others have gone away for 2-3 episodes, only to come back randomly.

 

3) The killing of multiple people is a little excessive and a little unrealistic. Also, the fact that everything bad that can happen in the west has happened or is happening in this show is also tiresome. A random rape in the middle of the desert? Check. Colon cancer removed? Check. Kid saved from raging river? Check. Ranchers fight over cattle and 2 people are killed? Check. Crazy daughter semi falls in love with head ranch hand? Check. Breaking in a new horse for 4 episodes? Check Etc etc

 

Im still going to watch all of this season and the next, but I really hope season 1 is just laying groundwork and character development for the future. This isnt Sheridans best work, but its at least mildly entertaining. I feel as though hes run through 3 seasons of plots in less than half  a season. Hes losing me

your arguments are hollow.  we’re rooting for john dutton because he’s awesome and we hate that dirty injun because he’s a greedy hypocrite.  it’s pretty clearly good vs evil.  and admiral mcdouche and chief pissbucket are evil.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/2/2018 at 12:05 AM, RPM said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I hate to say it but I think they just killed off the hot feather chick. Didn't see her in the promo after the show.

 

Whew! Had me worried there for a minute.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...