2020 Democratic Nominee

used2b

Donald Trump is President. I could give a fuck if Bernie is sitting on a couple million. Hell, I'd be surprised if he wasn't. Senators make a good salary, have a lot of expenses covered, and I don't see the Bern blowing it all on strippers and coke. That is before whatever income his wife brings in. Wasn't one of the right wing attacks on him in 16 that he wasn't worth enough given all of those afforementioned advantagesm and therefore couldn't be trusted managing the finances of the federal government? Moving the massive lulz at Republicans attacking anyone's fiscal competence to the side - which one is it? Is he too rich or too poor? You can't have it both ways. Donald Trump is entangled in far shadier shit than Bernie Sanders, I guarantee-god-damn-tee that. Non-issue.

Also, if he were rich (again, I assume he is, how could he not be?), it doesn't make anything he is campaigning on or in his track record any less correct or sincere.

11 hours ago, BradInATX said:

Lol. So you're concerned about Biden having some yet to be named or discovered scandal and your brows are furrowed with the fury of a thousand suns. But Bernie refusing to release his tax returns despite every candidate between 1976 and Donald Trump doing so is no big deal.

So much to unpack!

Every single primary candidate since 1976 has released multiple years of tax returns? Do you really want to stick by that patently absurd premise?

Bernie released his 2014 taxes during the last primary. He said he's releasing 10 years "sooner than later". There is no rumor of what he might be hiding other than, "HE MIGHT BE HIDING SOMETHING!"

Uncle Joe, however...

3A1Z.gif

imgur>

INFO WARS lol

I don't know what Joe has done. Hopefully its nothing.  If he jumps in the race, I sincerely and unironically hope that he's properly buried the skeletons (if there are any, which I hope there are not).

It's not 1980 anymore. Joe is from a time in the Senate when... standards were different.

What I do not want to happen is for us to just pretend it isn't real and then, he wins the nomination, and he gets blown up for creep stuff in the general and we lose the White House AGAIN. IF there are skeletons, I want them buried. That's all.

And of course you've justified your hypocrisy in wanting Trump's taxes by presuming him guilty of financial crimes with no trial, but bemoaning anyone thinking there's some smoke there with Bernie covering his returns up.

lol you

7 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Nonsensical flailing distract/divert post

I wonder if bad teammate has the self awareness hiding deep down necessary to realize that his "never admit wrongdoing, deflect, distract, straw man, and attack anything in sight instead of addressing valid criticisms" strategy is only rivaled by die-hard Trump supporters and Trump himself.

I think you do. You can do better, maybe.

Although he should get a healthy amount of institutional support, I would think Biden is far too damaged to actually win the nomination.  This could be very good for Bernie as Biden's entry may prevent the party from going all-in on Lady Cop early on in the primary.  

• Fuck You 1

13 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

We've been over this several times before.  Tulsi at least brings some substantive issues to bear whereas Vanilla Obama is an empty suit.

Ah yes, substantive issues like "Hey that Bashar Assad guy isn't so bad after all."  That will definitely play well in debates.

1 minute ago, Fozzz said:

imo, I think he could do more good trying to knock off Cornyn than futilely attempting to beat out Lady Cop and Creepy Joe for the establishment pick.

He has a great chance of absolutely wiping the floor with them. Look, Beto is charming. He's got "it". Once he gets rolling he has a nerdy, earnest passion that makes everyone who came of age in the 90s as hard as diamonds and wet as Thailand in monsoon season.

This is an insanely uncharismatic field. It's so uncharismatic that Bernie Sanders, an ancient goblin who sounds like someone badgering customers at a horse book, is up towards the top of "Candidates With Some Kind Of Noticeable Charm".

Charm counts for a lot, and Beto has it.

And I don't even mean this in a cynical way. It's important, and it works. It works on me. I like the guy.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, gmr548 said:

Donald Trump is President. I could give a fuck if Bernie is sitting on a couple million. Hell, I'd be surprised if he wasn't. Senators make a good salary, have a lot of expenses covered, and I don't see the Bern blowing it all on strippers and coke. That is before whatever income his wife brings in. Wasn't one of the right wing attacks on him in 16 that he wasn't worth enough given all of those afforementioned advantagesm and therefore couldn't be trusted managing the finances of the federal government? Moving the massive lulz at Republicans attacking anyone's fiscal competence to the side - which one is it? Is he too rich or too poor? You can't have it both ways. Donald Trump is entangled in far shadier shit than Bernie Sanders, I guarantee-god-damn-tee that. Non-issue.

Also, if he were rich (again, I assume he is, how could he not be?), it doesn't make anything he is campaigning on or in his track record any less correct or sincere.

If he wants to be sincere about what he is campaigning on he could start by giving 70% of his campaign funding to other Democratic candidates who have raised less in political donations than he has.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

If he wants to be sincere about what he is campaigning on he could start by giving 70% of his campaign funding to other Democratic candidates who have raised less in political donations than he has.

Obama raises a billion dollars for his campaign in 2012 and you want Bernie to give 70% of his funding away because he raises a few million the other day?

20 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

Well, it just reflects poorly on you to post such patent untruths.  Maybe you don't care though.

Also Tulsi:

Her unwillingness to hold brutal dictators accountable for their actions is quite Trumpian wouldn't you say?

Edited by Teddy KGB

8 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Also Tulsi:

Her unwillingness to hold brutal dictators accountable for their actions is quite Trumpian wouldn't you say?

She is Assad's buddy because she did not rush to attribute blame for that use of chemical weapons?  Considering how we have used similar assertions in the past as a pretrext for military intervention, I would be extremely cautious with attributing blame any time that such use is asserted.

• Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

She is Assad's buddy because she did not rush to attribute blame for that use of chemical weapons?  Considering how we have used similar assertions in the past as a pretrext for military intervention, I would be extremely cautious with attributing blame any time that such use is asserted.

So you think it's plausible that ISIS or AQ had the capabilities to pull off that attack?  Fucking laughable.

4 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

So you think it's plausible that ISIS or AQ had the capabilities to pull off that attack?  Fucking laughable.

I don’t think that alternative exhausts all possibilities. I am also skeptical of the notion of proving use by one actor by arguing against use by another.  There can always be “unknown unknowns” as Rummy would put if. 

• Fuck You 1

I was warming up to him running for Senate again. While I think he'd lose, he'd boost downballot Ds. I can understand why he wouldn't do that though. Feel like this almost certainly means he is running (all signs point to him doing so). He will lose and his political usefulness is Texas is effectively dead at that point. I'd love to see him come for Ted again in 24.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Eggo said:

Obama raises a billion dollars for his campaign in 2012 and you want Bernie to give 70% of his funding away because he raises a few million the other day?

He raised much more than any other Democratic candidate.  If this was the CEO of a corporation's profits instead of his campaign funds he would be demanding the government take the majority of it away from them.  What's good for the goose is good for the gander correct?  

1 hour ago, EMAWesome said:

He raised much more than any other Democratic candidate.  If this was the CEO of a corporation's profits instead of his campaign funds he would be demanding the government take the majority of it away from them.  What's good for the goose is good for the gander correct?  

Are you one of those we should budget the US like we budget a household guy?

Not a good look by Kamala.

You got to figure she is doing these kind of events early to pad her coffers and hoping they go unnoticed or are forgotten about by the time the campaign really gets going.

And I haven’t seen it posted here but Act Blue and Crooked Media have started “Unify or Die” - raising funds to be held and donated to the eventual democratic nominee immediately after the convention.

The Unify or Die Fund

Let’s Take Back the White House!

This will be the most important Democratic primary in our lifetime. It’ll be inspiring, contentious, and last roughly 1,000 years. But when it’s over—no matter which candidate we fought for, and even if we didn’t see eye to eye—it’ll be up to every single one of us to work together to accomplish our greatest mission: taking back our country.

It starts right now. 100% of your donation to the Unify or Die Fund will go to the eventual Democratic nominee for President, exactly when they need it most: right after the convention in July 2020, as they enter the general election.

Republicans are already building up Trump’s war chest. We can’t afford to wait. Donate today!

https://secure.actblue.com/donate/unify-or-die?refcode=tw_20190207_launch&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=20190207_launch

So maybe each time you donate to one of your favorite candidates, throw $5 or $10 bucks their way.
  • Like 1

Cross posting this from yang2020. 

Andrew Yang:

I am doing an AMA on Reddit /r/politics this Thursday, along with Tucker Carlson on Friday, and much more press this week. Then I'm off to Austin, Texas, for SXSW and a big rallylet your friends in the area know.

this guy is really fucking smart. Donate a dollar to get him to the debates

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, EMAWesome said:

Why do you say things like this? Do you not understand marginal tax rates?