America has a Moscow Mitch problem

Hugo Stiglitz

Explain what government policies transfer wealth from the bottom to the top.  The bottom consumes more government services and takes in more transfer payments. While paying much less in taxes.  

You guys are confusing a lesser disagree of confiscatory tax policy with wealth transfers.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

See here’s the thing my friend. Hillary somehow losing and Trump somehow winning, in the long term, was the biggest gift to the Democratic Party in history and therefore completely against your own espoused interests.

Can you imagine what 2018 and 2020 would look like with Hillary as the president? It would be a complete Republican landslide and instead of a vile corrupt evil dipshit Russian stooge agent serving his time out as president we would instead be talking about a brand new constitutional convention with a bunch of assholes like yourself serving as delegates with the power to remake the country into their own warped vision of South African apartheid in the good old USA.

Oh well. That ain’t gonna happen now. The Russians have never been much on strategy, just evil tactics.

And thank God. Instead all we have to look forward to is seeing whether or not Trump and the Russians will have the balls to try to fraudulently steal the election thus causing a revolution if they somehow are successful in doing so. Which I doubt. But I guess time will tell, eh?

In the meantime, enjoy your conversations with your golfing buddies at the country club.  

Hey, we finally agree on something. Trump winning was a good thing.

And I'm pretty happy to join in on the Mitch bashing. 

Edited by Ragnarok
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Explain what government policies transfer wealth from the bottom to the top.  The bottom consumes more government services and takes in more transfer payments. While paying much less in taxes.  

You guys are confusing a lesser disagree of confiscatory tax policy with wealth transfers.  

Minimum wage increases, for one.  Increased educational spending for another.  

How does the bottom consumer more than corporate welfare and defense spending?

10 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Who sets interest rates? Who allows usurious lending? 

Yeah.

2 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

See here’s the thing my friend. Hillary somehow losing and Trump somehow winning, in the long term, was the biggest gift to the Democratic Party in history and therefore completely against your own espoused interests.

Can you imagine what 2018 and 2020 would look like with Hillary as the president? It would be a complete Republican landslide and instead of a vile corrupt evil dipshit Russian stooge agent serving his time out as president we would instead be talking about a brand new constitutional convention with a bunch of assholes like yourself serving as delegates with the power to remake the country into their own warped vision of South African apartheid in the good old USA.

Oh well. That ain’t gonna happen now. The Russians have never been much on strategy, just evil tactics.

And thank God. Instead all we have to look forward to is seeing whether or not Trump and the Russians will have the balls to try to fraudulently steal the election thus causing a revolution if they somehow are successful in doing so. Which I doubt. But I guess time will tell, eh?

In the meantime, enjoy your conversations with your golfing buddies at the country club.  

I totally agree with this and have the entire time.  Trump showed the Democratic base that voting actually matters and Obama isn't going to save everything.

It takes a certain amount of antiintellectual chutzpah . . . or maybe it's just abject stupidity, I don't know . . . to observe data showing the trend in the wealth gap over the last few decades and then speak out on how money isn't actually flowing from bottom to top.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

The entire architecture of Corporate America is designed to transfer wealth up the ladder.  

Forget it. He still operates from the mentality that society functions the way it’s taught in a civics course at some high school in the sticks.

4 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

The entire architecture of Corporate America is designed to transfer wealth up the ladder.  

Every employer-employee relationship. Nobody hires someone and pays them more than they would pay themselves if they did the job themself. (I think I got those pronouns right. Corrections welcome.)

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

It takes a certain amount of antiintellectual chutzpah . . . or maybe it's just abject stupidity, I don't know . . . to observe data showing the trend in the wealth gap over the last few decades and then speak out on how money isn't actually flowing from bottom to top.

I would say it’s neither.

He’s knowingly asserting as fact that which is either not evidently true/evidently not true. 

3 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Every employer-employee relationship. Nobody hires someone and pays them more than they would pay themselves if they did the job themself. (I think I got those pronouns right. Corrections welcome.)

I believe there’s a cliche in capitalist circles that more or less states “no one ever got rich working for somebody else.”

Don’t stop. They’ve felt untouchable for so long. They’re not. They need to know that. They need to know we’ve got them surrounded, hundreds of millions of us, and they who have for so long been insulated from the consequences of their actions are starting to feel a little smaller and more human and vulnerable right now.

Keep going everybody. Don’t let up. And let useless fucking go-along-to-get-along Democrats hear from you too. How fucking shameful is it that a handful of pissed off people have brought more consequences to bear on Trump and his collaborators than the entire Democratic Party?

This has gone far enough. They need to feel the heat. All of them. Every day. 

Edited by Thermos H. Christ
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, hpslugga said:

I believe there’s a cliche in capitalist circles that more or less states “no one ever got rich working for somebody else.”

I would say no one ever got richer than the guy paying his salary. Football players get rich. Not Jerry Jones rich. 

11 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Corporate America figured out how to a) pay employees as little as possible, b) extend Americans credit at usurious interest rates to make up for what they've lost in wages, and c) convince the United States government that this system is good for America.

That is some evil genius right there.

8 minutes ago, Thermos H. Christ said:

Don’t stop. They’ve felt untouchable for so long. They’re not. They need to know that. They need to know we’ve got them surrounded, hundreds of millions of us, and they who have for so long been insulated from the consequences of their actions are starting to feel a little smaller and more human and vulnerable right now.

Keep going everybody. Don’t let up. And let useless fucking go-along-to-get-along Democrats hear from you too.

This has gone far enough. They need to feel that. All of them. Every day.

You are the same rotting flesh as the rest of us.  This moment isn’t special.  America will be here tomorrow and the next day.  You aren’t special.  There are a myriad of opportunities in this country waiting to be taken.  Wake up and do your fucking job.  

Edited by Incredulity
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

You are the same rotting flesh as the rest of us.  This moment isn’t special.  America will be here tomorrow and the next day.  You aren’t special.  There are a myriad of opportunities in this country waiting to be taken.  Wake up and do your fucking job.  

Fuck you, I won't do what you tell me.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Surplus labor is real.

If there was no surplus, you still wouldn't hire someone unless it led to your own profit. Suppose I invent a widget that I can make by myself and it becomes successful. I can't keep up with sales so I hire someone else to help me build them. I'm not splitting profits with my employee. Nor should I. It was my idea and it's correct that we have laws to prevent him from just taking my idea and going off on his own. I'm paying him less per widget than I get because otherwise there would be no point. There's nothing wrong with that. But it is wealth flowing upward. 

• Like 1

3.5% unemployment is real.

False. I was told - during the entire campaign, and much of Obama’s presidency - that those figures were completely false.

"Don't believe these phony numbers," Trump told supporters early last year. "The number is probably 28, 29, as high as 35 [percent]. In fact, I even heard recently 42 percent."

So, 3.5% isn’t real. Right? Or did Trump fire all the shitty statisticians and replace them with geniuses?

God, y’all fucking crack me up. You can’t claim a figure is false, then claim it as a win. Own the fucking lies, orange cocksuckers. They’re yours.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

False. I was told - during the entire campaign, and much of Obama’s presidency - that those figures were completely false.

"Don't believe these phony numbers," Trump told supporters early last year. "The number is probably 28, 29, as high as 35 [percent]. In fact, I even heard recently 42 percent."

So, 3.5% isn’t real. Right? Or did Trump fire all the shitty statisticians and replace them with geniuses?

God, y’all fucking crack me up. You can’t claim a figure is false, then claim it as a win. Own the fucking lies, orange cocksuckers. They’re yours.

You are the same rotting flesh as the rest of us.  This moment isn’t special.  America will be here tomorrow and the next day.  You aren’t special.  There are a myriad of opportunities in this country waiting to be taken.  Wake up and do your fucking job.  

for you too

You are the same rotting flesh as the rest of us.  This moment isn’t special.  America will be here tomorrow and the next day.  You aren’t special.  There are a myriad of opportunities in this country waiting to be taken.  Wake up and do your fucking job.  

for you too

I do my job better than most in the country. I do very well - better than I deserve.

You’re a worthless fellater of an authoritarian clown. I’m quite good with our comparative positions.

5 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

I do fine, not 1% or anything but comfortable. Professional, very low 6 figures, homeowner, all that. It’s not about me personally deserving more. I have plenty. Now. I didn’t always. It’s not about what I personally need anymore. It’s about all the people who don’t have what they need. It’s about wanting to live in a society that’s better than this. It’s about not being another useful idiot making $100k who has been suckered into thinking they have more in common with the billionaire class than with people who make $25k.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

These. It’s perfect. And the fact that the Trumpkin didn’t get it is even perfect-er.

Olds and Russian trolls don’t get it. No base reference point.

Fuck you I won’t do what you tell me.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, Thermos H. Christ said:

I do fine, not 1% or anything but comfortable. Professional, very low 6 figures, homeowner, all that. It’s not about me personally deserving more. I have plenty. Now. I didn’t always. It’s not about what I personally need anymore. It’s about all the people who don’t have what they need. It’s about wanting to live in a society that’s better than this. It’s about not being another useful idiot making $100k who has been suckered into thinking they have more in common with the billionaire class than with people who make $25k.

Well you have been fucking torpedoed by BO and the Dems during the last administration.  The “eat the rich” narrative is crap.  They put the cost right in your lap.  

3 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Well you have been fucking torpedoed by BO and the Dems during the last administration.  The “eat the rich” narrative is crap.  They put the cost right in your lap.  

Yeah, I bet a guy pulling down $100k did really shitty during the Obama years. I bet it was a struggle.

Do you hear yourself?