2018 Wimbledon

spystud13

2 hours ago, IPoopOnWhoop said:

I don’t know how anyone could possibly not like Delpo.  With that said, Vamos Rafa!!!

I know some girls who only care about glistening tan hairless muscles and for some reason their favorite men’s tennis player is Nadal. 

Federer's now lost 20 career matches in which he's had match point. That's an insane number.

Earliest one I can remember is the 2005 Australian Open SF against Marat Safin, where he went for a fancy tweener on MP (and dumped it into the net) instead of taking a safer shot. Also the 2006 Rome final against Nadal, the 2010 and 2011 U.S. Open SF matches against Djokovic, the 2017 matches against Donskoy in Dubai + Haas at Stuttgart, and now the 2018 Indian Wells final against del Potro and against Anderson here.

It sounds weird to say, given how much Federer has accomplished, but he has definitely left a lot of trophies on the table..

Edited by satyanash

2 hours ago, ajax said:

Anyone giving Isner a chance? He looked good today. 

I am only because I want him to win. Isner has the game to win Wimbledon. This is his chance, but he has to get through Anderson and that will be a battle. Plus, he's been the top American for a long time. 

Edited by The Dog

5 hours ago, Mileslong said:

i hate having to root for joker but i really want him to beat nadal...can't believe Fed lost that one grrrrrrr

I am on the 'anyone not named Nadal' train as well... which means Nadal will probably win 😕

Whoever wins the Djokovic-Nadal semifinal has to be the runaway favourite.

1 minute ago, TonyTexas said:

If you don’t think this is an interesting match, well then, I don’t even want to know you.

This tennis bores me to hell. This thing has played 90+ more points than Nadal/Del Potro and eclipsed its length and they've covered 10-11K less foot distance throughout the match. I enjoy watching point construction through shot variety and tactical placement. I really don't find 50%+ of points ending in an unreturned serve/limp wristed return interesting.

13 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Curfew is at 11pm and its already past 7pm. If Nadal v. Djokovic goes 4 or 5 sets I don't think they finish  

It's 6:30 in London. I'm sure they have told Nadal/Djokovic they will have a VERY quick entrance. 

Start play by 8 and gets you 3 hours.... probably won't finish but possible. 

And put me in the camp that this is less than ideal tennis. It's better than Isner/Raonic but the court coverage per point is turrible

3 minutes ago, HoustonFrog said:

It's 6:30 in London. I'm sure they have told Nadal/Djokovic they will have a VERY quick entrance. 

Start play by 8 and gets you 3 hours.... probably won't finish but possible. 

And put me in the camp that this is less than ideal tennis. It's better than Isner/Raonic but the court coverage per point is turrible

Ah yeah I was thinking it was a 7 hour difference but thats the French Open. And yeah court coverage is terrible, but they have long arms..

24 minutes ago, Bodowned said:

This tennis bores me to hell. This thing has played 90+ more points than Nadal/Del Potro and eclipsed its length and they've covered 10-11K less foot distance throughout the match. I enjoy watching point construction through shot variety and tactical placement. I really don't find 50%+ of points ending in an unreturned serve/limp wristed return interesting.

This match so far is just a bit longer than the time Nadal takes between points.

• Like 2

Just now, MonkeyDoughnut said:

I case of more is not always better... winner here all but guaranteed to lose handily in finals

I think that was already the likely case, but Nadal/Djokovic may hit more shots/run more in their semifinal than this one. Altho if it goes close to 30-30, I think either guy is smoked in the final. 

Although it seems like Isner has no shot at the moment. He is on last breaths