2018 Texas HS Football

Equinox

I finally have Friday's off so checking out which games I could/should attend this year.

9/7 - S.A. Madison @ Bowie
9/14 - Lake Travis @ Bowie
9/21 - Bowie @ Del Valle
9/28 - Lake Travis @ Austin
10/12 - Lake Travis @ Westlake
10/18 - Westlake @ Del Valle

Getting me a few Hudson Card, Garrett Wilson, and Elijah Higgins games in. How weird will it be as a 31-year-old with zero personal attachment flying solo at high school games?

1 hour ago, Tired of Lurking said:

I finally have Friday's off so checking out which games I could/should attend this year.

9/21 - Bowie @ Del Valle

Getting me a few Hudson Card, Garrett Wilson, and Elijah Higgins games in. How weird will it be as a 31-year-old with zero personal attachment flying solo at high school games?

I try to go to a big high school playoff game once a year usually, last one I went to solo . No one seemed to care/notice, and I sure didn’t care if they did anyway. 

3 hours ago, Tired of Lurking said:

9/21 - Bowie @ Del Valle

No grown man with no affiliation should go to a HS game by himself! It just looks weird..............that’s why I take my son with me

• Fuck You 2

On 7/29/2018 at 12:30 AM, DeAngelloBeige said:

No grown man with no affiliation should go to a HS game by himself! It just looks weird..............that’s why I take my son with me

HS games are crowded, how does anyone know you are there on your own or just there to see your kid play? No one pays any attention.

Just don't follow HS girls around in a trenchcoat and you should be fine.

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 9:02 PM, Tired of Lurking said:

9/21 - Bowie @ Del Valle

Contact me via PM when you're coming to a Bowie game. I'm at every game.  Usually on the sidelines, but I'll say hi.

Bowie @ Westlake might be a good game. Pencil that one in.  End of the year.

Edited by Longhorn Al
  • Like 2

Trying to decide what game to go see 8/31 in DFW looks like these are my best choices

LT-Martin

Aledo-Guyer

Coppell-Sachse

Duncanville-Lancaster

Id like to check out Card but Martin gets blown out in these big games every time and I dont really want to go to a game that's going to be over in the first 20-30 minutes. Coppell-Sachse is two really good teams but the longest drive for me. Maybe I'll go check out the freshman for Southwest who's getting vy comps already

2 hours ago, cmontexas said:

Trying to decide what game to go see 8/31 in DFW looks like these are my best choices

LT-Martin

Aledo-Guyer

Coppell-Sachse

Duncanville-Lancaster

Id like to check out Card but Martin gets blown out in these big games every time and I dont really want to go to a game that's going to be over in the first 20-30 minutes. Coppell-Sachse is two really good teams but the longest drive for me. Maybe I'll go check out the freshman for Southwest who's getting vy comps already

Aledo-Guyer is a good matchup. I'd check that one out.

3 hours ago, cmontexas said:

LT-Martin

Aledo-Guyer

Coppell-Sachse

Duncanville-Lancaster

1 hour ago, F250 said:

Aledo-Guyer is a good matchup. I'd check that one out.

Yeah, I'd go with Aledo-Guyer out of that group. I don't see Martin competing with LT either. From a UT perspective, Duncanville-Lancaster has a lot of 2020 guys we are interested in, but I wouldn't expect that to be a good game either.

9/21 - Bowie @ Del Valle

Meh

At 46 I've done many solo games without affiliation in my years. Once drove to big spring from texarkana for an Odessa Abilene game. Lease in Graham so made it easy.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/31/2018 at 8:50 PM, cmontexas said:

LT-Martin

Aledo-Guyer

Coppell-Sachse

Duncanville-Lancaster

I wouldnt count Martin out. LT always starts slow as they find and fit all the pieces together. There are questions on the defensive line and in the secondary. And right now, the WR corp looks pretty meh outside of GW.

On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 8:50 PM, cmontexas said:

LT-Martin

Aledo-Guyer

Coppell-Sachse

Duncanville-Lancaster

Posts like this make me miss living in the Dallas area.  

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

On 7/29/2018 at 12:30 AM, DeAngelloBeige said:

Bullshit.  I have done it for years.   If I love the game, and have so many to pick from( Houston metro AND  more than willing to travel for little schools like WOS, Newton, or Navasota, much less my West Texas roots...)

Yeah your assessment is fucked up.  I love going to games by myself.  Why do I need someone to hold my hand?

Edited by slorch

I have a few buddies who will go to high school games, but if everyone else has commitments, slorch ain’t just cancellin football, bro.

Edit- the timeout on the edit is too damned fast.

Edited by slorch

44 minutes ago, slorch said:

Bullshit.  I have done it for years.   If I love the game, and have so many to pick from( Houston metro AND  more than willing to travel for little schools like WOS, Newton, or Navasota, much less my West Texas roots...)

Yeah your assessment is fucked up.  I love going to games by myself.  Why do I need someone to hold my hand?

It took you 3 weeks to come up with a response to my comment. You poor sad lonely pathetic perverted loser! You probably drive around in the summer looking for little league baseball games to check out.

• Fuck You 10

55 minutes ago, DeAngelloBeige said:

It took you 3 weeks to come up with a response to my comment. You poor sad lonely pathetic perverted loser! You probably drive around in the summer looking for little league baseball games to check out.

I just read the thread this morning. LOL.

If I lurk anywhere, it’s at Silicone Valley( AKA The Woodlands Mall.)

4 hours ago, DeAngelloBeige said:

1 hour ago, DeAngelloBeige said:

I’m guessing that’s because you work in the food court there?

Try not to be a stupid asshole in this thread, mmmkay?

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I looked up thread and didn't see anyone mention it...  FSSW will be showing two games live on opening weekend:

Brock-Brownwood at 5:30.  Pretty ballsy of Brownwood to schedule a 3A team that could whip them.

Lufkin-Longview at 8:30.  If "Lufkin-Longview" doesn't get you excited all by itself, remember that Longview beat Lufkin 33-32 in a region final game last season.  Longview is #7 in 6A, Lufkin #3 in 5A in preseason polls.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Try not to be a stupid asshole in this thread, mmmkay?

Oh no! I got negged and you zoomed in on the post 😱😭 whatever should I do??!!! I bet after you did that and had your buddies neg my post you probably sat back in your chair on your lunch break in the mall food court and thought to yourself “that’ll show him!” lol. I couldn’t care less about positive and negative rep. I’m an adult and I’ll post what I want when I want regardless of if you like it or not. You can suck my dick from the back!!

• Fuck You 8

First Lufkin game I ever attended was LP vs Longview at Abe Martin.   It was badass.  Lived up to every bit of the hype...during the years when it was both Tyler schools, Longview, and Lufkin pl@ying each other twice per season in District play.

That was almost criminal to make those teams play that tour of bodybags.

Edited by slorch

36 minutes ago, DeAngelloBeige said:

Oh no! I got negged and you zoomed in on the post 😱😭 whatever should I do??!!! I bet after you did that and had your buddies neg my post you probably sat back in your chair on your lunch break in the mall food court and thought to yourself “that’ll show him!” lol. I couldn’t care less about positive and negative rep. I’m an adult and I’ll post what I want when I want regardless of if you like it or not. You can suck my dick from the back!!

Are you going to be a dick all the time? Or just most of the time?

2 hours ago, DeAngelloBeige said:

I just give out the same energy I receive. If someone’s a dick to me then I’m a dick back. If someone is cool, then I’m cool. 

Nobody's dogging you bro, except when you insist upon yourself.  Most folks posting in this thread are doing so because they love HS football. They aren't seeking anyone's validation for attending a game with or without a buddy. 

Oh by the way, I've also driven from the Woodlands to Tuscola, Sweetwater, and Odessa for 3 Bi District round games, although I had a personal connection with 3 of the schools. 

Edited by slorch

16 hours ago, slorch said:

My boss is from Newton,  I may join him on the trip to go see WOS vs Newton.  That will be a hell of a game.

On 8/17/2018 at 9:48 PM, slorch said:

Nobody's dogging you bro, except when you insist upon yourself.  Most folks posting in this thread are doing so because they love HS football. They aren't seeking anyone's validation for attending a game with or without a buddy.

I like to go by myself, sit in the student section, and strike up random conversation with high schoolers.

• Like 1