Somebody has stolen a Horizon Air plane at SEA

Gil Bang

This is fucking nuts.  It's a sad story about a man at his wits end and deciding to end it all, but what a fucking way to go!  The radio chatter is humorous if you can set aside the reality of what's happening in his mind.  My first question was answered, which is how did he even know how to get the thing off the ground.  Doing a barrel roll was nuts.  While acknowledging the seriousness of this poor man's state of mind, it's definitely one of the coolest suicides of all time.

Edited by 'stache

What did he tell the tower when he was queued up in the takeoff line?  Surely they noticed a non existent flight number.  Unless he knew enough to pretend to be dead heading the bird back to another focus city where it was needed in relief.  

42 minutes ago, Lobo said:

What did he tell the tower when he was queued up in the takeoff line?  Surely they noticed a non existent flight number.  Unless he knew enough to pretend to be dead heading the bird back to another focus city where it was needed in relief.  

Surely they realize what a case precedent this sets now. 

Them: "Uh folks, this is your captain speaking.  I'm a 4-bar, left chair and I've been told to sit tight and wait our turn.  Looks like it's gonna be about 45 minutes or so.  Thanks for your patience.  We'll get some Frescas and pretzels out to you directly."  

Us:  "Really, 'cause shithead got to skip the line and he had the qualifications of me playing 1993 flight simulator on a fucking DOS machine!"