"you can't count on a black quarterback"

Gil Bang

12 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

That actually might be the most disturbing part of the story. This guy truly believes that people will accept that explanation because he believes that everyone in his area will think "well yeah, we all say that stuff privately." The question is does he have good reason to believe that. I fear that he probably does, which is why to me it's the most disturbing part of the story. The fact that a racist idiot is superintendent in a place called Onalaska, Texas isn't surprising or even disheartening, especially when you consider it's East Texas. There are racist idiots everywhere and small towns have a bunch of 'em in charge of stuff.

It's more disheartening that he knows there are so many racists in his area that he thinks the fact that he thought it was a private message is a good enough explanation so that it doesn't affect his professional life.

Every bit of this, and nice job pointing it out. 

I guess I have become so used to similar explanations that I lost sight of how ridiculous it really is - and how much it shines a light on those that would care, locally, in the explanation.  Damn.

23 hours ago, threesheets said:

Mahomes is only half black. The good half is white.  Kinda like Obama and Tiger Woods.

So this superintendent still has a job for what reason exactly?

Saw somewhere the Board is meeting to determine "how to move forward". Hopefully that means his ignorant ass is gone.

csb time.

2004 game against rice, i sat in the blue hair section next an older couple.  man was wearing a T Ring, said he was on one of Royal's NC teams, i forget which.  i forget his name.  anyway, the man was nice but tells me the whole game how you can't trust a black qb, vince wasn't smart enough, and that texas will not win with vince.  fuck that dude.

That's a whole village of people who have grocery store feet.  We stopped for gas or bait there once on the way to see my grandparents who live deeper behind the pine curtain.  They still sold wax bottle candy.  That's the best thing I can say about that place.

On 9/19/2018 at 4:08 PM, crash_davis said:

csb time.

2004 game against rice, i sat in the blue hair section next an older couple.  man was wearing a T Ring, said he was on one of Royal's NC teams, i forget which.  i forget his name.  anyway, the man was nice but tells me the whole game how you can't trust a black qb, vince wasn't smart enough, and that texas will not win with vince.  fuck that dude.

Amazing how racists love to talk about their racist thoughts.   You know it’s about to get interesting when the inevitable sentence starts with, “I’m not a racist but...”