Bruce Lee. He was kinda good.

crash_davis

2 hours ago, SimonBolivar said:

Well Lee was 5'8 125lbs vs Ali at 6'3 235lbs

Hmmm, no.

Lee weighed around 130-135 lbs when he finished Enter The Dragon having lost weight due to heat and high humidity.  Point taken though as far as size disparity. 

One thing to note, Lee while trying out student James Coburns' new heavy bag kicked it, break in the 3/8" steel chain it was hung on.

Might have been a very interesting contest between Lee and Ali though.

Edited by SHOOTER12

7 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Hmmm, no.

Lee weighed around 130-135 lbs when he finished Enter The Dragon having lost weight due to heat and high humidity.  Point taken though as far as size disparity. 

One thing to note, Lee while trying out student James Coburns' new heavy bag kicked it, break in the 3/8" steel chain it was hung on.

Might have been a very interesting contest between Lee and Ali though.

1.) That's what I get for trusting google

2.) I think Lee vs a normal 6'3 235 person would go Lee's way, but I would assume that Ali would be used to hitting a moving target and general defensiveness. 

11 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

1.) That's what I get for trusting google

2.) I think Lee vs a normal 6'3 235 person would go Lee's way, but I would assume that Ali would be used to hitting a moving target and general defensiveness. 

Meh,, information tends to be fluid.  The thing I think about is Alis' "fight" with Inoki. It was supposed to be more or less a demonstration.  Inoki simply laid on his back and kicked Ali in the legs. What was hidden for many years was that Ali sustained serious blood clots as a result could have proved fatal. This from a "professional wrestler".  So what could a serious uniquely skilled fighter such as Lee have achieved?  

Interesting side note... Lee seriously studied Ali and incorporated much of his footwork into his style. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Meh,, information tends to be fluid.  The thing I think about is Alis' "fight" with Inoki. It was supposed to be more or less a demonstration.  Inoki simply laid on his back and kicked Ali in the legs. What was hidden for many years was that Ali sustained serious blood clots as a result could have proved fatal. This from a "professional wrestler".  So what could a serious uniquely skilled fighter such as Lee have achieved?  

Interesting side note... Lee seriously studied Ali and incorporated much of his footwork into his style. 

check out the big brain on brad.

2 hours ago, HouTex said:

It was 1977 small town Texas.  We didn't have gays then.

Or Chinese people.  Or Black people.  Or mixed race people. 

So how again were y'all qualified to decide the Lee/Ali brawl?  

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Or Chinese people.  Or Black people.  Or mixed race people. 

So how again were y'all qualified to decide the Lee/Ali brawl?  

You know I was joking, right?  7th grade boys are qualified for just about everything . . . in their minds.  

I know man.  Small towns make up for their lack of cultural diversity with lots and lots of closeted homosexuality.  NTTAWT 

Hell, we'd sit around the lunch table debating shit like this and then go find the two Asian guys in our class or the one black dude or the 7 Hispanics or the 1 Native American guy and make them tell us who'd win the hypothetical battle.  Sure we were being covertly racist, but hey---at least we were engaging with one another.  

24 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Master of distance, crazy reaction speed and timing. Looked like he really wanted continuation each time but his initial blows were stopping his opponent badly. 

https://www.amazon.com/Tao-Jeet-Kune-Bruce-Lee/dp/0606235434/

Was worth the $

Excellent book. If anyone can find the original version, with no picture, check it out. They are VERY valuable. I had a chance to buy one in the early 80's?, but figured  $80 was ridiculous.  I'm still kicking myself in the ass.

I believe it was Dan Inosanta, one of his students who continued on after Lee's death said the only flaw with Jeet Kune Do was that it was developed by a man (Lee) whose physical gifts were unmatched. He said that factor alone made it impossible to achieve the same level of efficiency.

2 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Your mama loves that big brain.....

Edit: your mama... "Wood"..and did.

Couldn't resist the play on words with your username.

Your grandma's a vegetable

she lives in a hospital

I'd do most anything to keep her alive

she had a tracheotomy

that's an extra hole for me!

2 minutes ago, Nolacycling said:

Your grandma's a vegetable

she lives in a hospital

she had a tracheotomy

that's an extra hole for me!

Oh believe me grandma is way way past that point. Feel free to dig her up and have a go though, you're a wilder man than I am.