Texas @ Oklahoma State series

Machinator

2 minutes ago, txhorns said:

Fire Pierce.  No part of this team has improved over last year.  The guy can't develop anyone.  All he has done is play the hot hands at Texas.  Now that that isn't working he has no clue what to do.

Pre-season, you saw what was happening to our roster and had big expectations? We can't turn a double play

1 minute ago, Armypilot said:

Our RPI is still pretty high and hard to say how we will play out the stretch of the season to say we won’t get in. We have some huge wins (tech, LSU). 

But this team playing tonight wont cut it.  That team from early March would. 

yep but even if we manage .500 the rest of the way(which I think is unlikely) we are going to get "record-ed" like the basketball team did.

1 minute ago, Wishbone said:

A Texas baseball team should never look like this. Starting to think a complete program enema may be in order if things don’t change by this time next season. 

Well, Texas Baseball looked quite a bit like this or worse several seasons in the late Augie tenure.  Let me remind you that we lost every conference series in 2013.

It's more normal over the last 5-10 years than abnormal, really.

4 minutes ago, B00M said:

Pre-season, you saw what was happening to our roster and had big expectations? We can't turn a double play

My preseason expectations were that we could catch a ball.  We can't do that at all.  I also expected us to be able to throw a few strikes but we can't do that either.  We look like a t-ball team out there.  No player has improved over last year.  Most have regressed.

1 minute ago, Armypilot said:

I’ll make sure to check with you next time I post. 

Super.

We ALL get it. You don't like McCann. We don't really have a choice though with the injury to DJ and having to get an NCAA exemption to bring back a guy that was cut in fall ball.

I don't like past balls either but there are quite a few wild pitches that he or any other catcher that has taken the beating that he has this year (behind the plate AND while batting) are going to stop. The guy literally almost busted his nut in the Stanford series and spent a night in the hospital. Played the following week.

Just now, BillyGoatHill said:

Super.

We ALL get it. You don't like McCann. We don't really have a choice though with the injury to DJ and having to get an NCAA exemption to bring back a guy that was cut in fall ball.

I don't like past balls either but there are quite a few wild pitches that he or any other catcher that has taken the beating that he has this year (behind the plate AND while batting) are going to stop. The guy literally almost busted his nut in the Stanford series and spent a night in the hospital. Played the following week.

I don’t dislike McCann. I dislike we have no other option but to play that dude. He should be catching bullpens 

I'm giving pierce a pass for this year but he better get his shit together next year or I will be on the train.  this hitting is just fucking horrible and without Kody Clemens his ass would be in real hot water.

find players that can hit and teach them to field. in a healthy program Ryan Reynolds should be fighting for his job every day and he's entrenched as a starter at 3B.