Texas @ Oklahoma State series

Machinator

Just feels like this team has no real leadership right now, and I'm not talking about the coaches.  Cody Clemens was clearly the leader in every sense of the word last season and nobody has really stepped up to lead this team.  Overall they just seem to be a mentally weak group.  They need a couple of mistakes from the other team to get a run or two and get their confidence up , then they seem to be able to hit.  Seems like they are just waiting on the other team to make a mistake and give them a game, instead of going out there and trying just take it.  

16 minutes ago, chemHORN said:

Just feels like this team has no real leadership right now, and I'm not talking about the coaches.  Cody Clemens was clearly the leader in every sense of the word last season and nobody has really stepped up to lead this team.  Overall they just seem to be a mentally weak group.  They need a couple of mistakes from the other team to get a run or two and get their confidence up , then they seem to be able to hit.  Seems like they are just waiting on the other team to make a mistake and give them a game, instead of going out there and trying just take it.  

Agree with yah..... Here's post #163 on this thread

2018 Squad Leaders??  Kody, Kingham, Shugart, McKenzie, DJ, and Hamilton.  More dawgs in this group than the entire current 2019 squad.

Not sure who the leaders are supposed to be amongst the current squad.... BUT Some current player leadership needs to step up BIG TIME!!!

Edited by LTtxfan

glad I played golf and hit up happy hour with some friends.    what a fucking joke.   if the starting pitching goes this is going to be a losing ball club.

at least unlike Shaka we got to be the school that saw Pierce's one lucky run to Omaha.  Thanks Kody.  big changes my ass.  his only good players got hurt and he has a roster full of spares(yes I include the freshmen also).  might want to get in someone's ass about now because he is getting embarrassed.

this is not good and does not bode well for the future at all.  I don't expect Omaha but I expect to make the tournament.  that ain't happening.

We do kind of have a roster of spares as demonstrated by the various freshmen who are better options than anyone else on the roster, but not phenoms like the ones that play at schools with solid rosters.  The upperclassmen are the dregs of the Garrido era.

19 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

We do kind of have a roster of spares as demonstrated by the various freshmen who are better options than anyone else on the roster, but not phenoms like the ones that play at schools with solid rosters.  The upperclassmen are the dregs of the Garrido era.

Maybe first half of season all smoke and mirrors.  Pierce was plugging holes all over the ship..... now the ship's sprung so many leaks there's too many to fix...

giphy.gif

Edited by LTtxfan

The tone for this game was set in the first inning.  We had three strikeouts, including one on a wild pitch.  We followed that up by walking the lead off hitter and giving the second guy a base with a catchers interference.  Big surprise, those guys scored.  This is what bad baseball teams do.

1 hour ago, Cairn Horn88 said:
Texas 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 2 9 1
 Oklahoma State 2 0 0 0 1 5 0 2 X 10 9 1

This reminds me that I forgot to check in last night and note that giving up 10 runs in one inning isn't good baseball.