The Guitar Pron Thread

Celery Man

I’m tempted to tell you to look for a used OOO15M but that makes things difficult and you probably want a spruce top. I still have my ‘96 Martin DM, which was an early cheaper Martin. It’s still together and is still a great sounding guitar, but I don’t know how much that relates to their current mid price offerings.

someone go buy this Bigsby equipped adkins tele

IMG_4982.thumb.jpeg.bf8f534ace5844c0c79cb10ce9a84b81.jpeg

• Like 2

I own my aforementioned Taylor dreadnought and a Guild Jumbo that's basically a Chinese knockoff of a Gibson J200.
I play the Guild a lot more, and it cost me half as much as the Taylor.  It was less than $600 new (on sale, though), with a case.  Fantastic guitar.

Agree with this. I’m a Guild fan. I play one from the Chinese Westerly Collection. $1000 list for $600 open box on Sweetwater.

I’m tempted to tell you to look for a used OOO15M but that makes things difficult and you probably want a spruce top. I still have my ‘96 Martin DM, which was an early cheaper Martin. It’s still together and is still a great sounding guitar, but I don’t know how much that relates to their current mid price offerings.

someone go buy this Bigsby equipped adkins tele
IMG_4982.thumb.jpeg.bf8f534ace5844c0c79cb10ce9a84b81.jpeg

That’s hot

Anyone interested in a 2007 Fender American Deluxe PJ-Bass with active EQ?  Its probably worth somewhere in the middle of Reverb's scale of $844 to $1478.  I'll sell it for the $850 I paid 4 years ago for it plus cost to ship if anyone here wants it/can use it.  Its a player/great bass, I just want to move to a short scale for ergonomic reasons.  Its got some dings and dents, all cosmetic, nothing wrong functionally.  Would come with its hard shell case.  I can provide more pics via PM if anyone is interested.

image.thumb.jpeg.b7dce487fb6e381eed144e6424180c5e.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.4e1525061f441b7f6aa2d785bc950e41.jpeg

image.thumb.png.22256fcd2cf9c0f771d4add0e7dd6d3e.png

Edited by Goredho
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Goredho said:

Anyone interested in a 2007 Fender American Deluxe PJ-Bass with active EQ?  Its probably worth somewhere in the middle of Reverb's scale of $844 to $1478.  I'll sell it for the $850 I paid 4 years ago for it plus cost to ship if anyone here wants it/can use it.  Its a player/great bass, I just want to move to a short scale for ergonomic reasons.  Its got some dings and dents, all cosmetic, nothing wrong functionally.  Would come with its hard shell case.  I can provide more pics via PM if anyone is interested.

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, Goredho said:

If you are looking for a short scale, I know a guy.....

IMG_6749.jpeg

IMG_6748.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

I've been wanting one of those for awhile. I have little carny hands and my current bass (cheapy Ibanez) is a piece of crap.

They are pretty fun. Sound great and easy to play, but I have a Yamaha BB that I always return to. I got a good deal on it when I bought it, would certainly pass that on to anyone here that was interested. 

• Hook 'Em 1

The pbass found a home, outside of here.  Re: an overabundance of knobs, I think the pbass was about right for a studio bass.  With the two pickups and all the blending and boosting as well as cutting, you could get just about any tone you might imagine out of it.  I imagine anything more would rapidly run into diminishing returns for the complexity.  But live, I never touched the knobs, really.  Just set it during a quick sound check and the promptly forgot they existed.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Goredho said:

The pbass found a home, outside of here.  Re: an overabundance of knobs, I think the pbass was about right for a studio bass.  With the two pickups and all the blending and boosting as well as cutting, you could get just about any tone you might imagine out of it.  I imagine anything more would rapidly run into diminishing returns for the complexity.  But live, I never touched the knobs, really.  Just set it during a quick sound check and the promptly forgot they existed.

I have a Jazz bass that the same kind of deal.  It can go from active to passive with the flip of a switch and has concentric knobs that do...a bunch of stuff I always forget and have to dig in the case for the explainer.  I have always played it out passive with my classic rock/country band because that's the sound I go for with them and...reference can't remember all the shit it does in previous sentence.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

I have a Jazz bass that the same kind of deal.  It can go from active to passive with the flip of a switch and has concentric knobs that do...a bunch of stuff I always forget and have to dig in the case for the explainer.  I have always played it out passive with my classic rock/country band because that's the sound I go for with them and...reference can't remember all the shit it does in previous sentence.

That's why I left the plastic on that spells out wtf all that shit does :D

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

It really is a dream set up.  I see a garage door big enough to drive a classic car through.  Or park a boat.

2/10 all that room and all you've got is a mini fridge?

also... looks like your drummer is about to be Wil E Coyote'd by what I assume to be is an acoustic tile or a large IKEA box 

• Haha 3

Just now, locodos said:

2/10 all that room and all you've got is a mini fridge?

also... looks like your drummer is about to be Wil E Coyote'd by what I assume to be is an acoustic tile or a large IKEA box 

Looks like a pretty good bar set up just to the right hand of the guitarist.  Which is exactly as it should be.  

I am curious about why the set list is drawn up in Morse Code in the left side of the pic.  Is this some sort of brainteaser? 

17 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

Looks like a pretty good bar set up just to the right hand of the guitarist.  Which is exactly as it should be.  

I am curious about why the set list is drawn up in Morse Code in the left side of the pic.  Is this some sort of brainteaser? 

It's the diffuser side of an acoustic panel. And @locodos that is a cloud over the drummer, it's filled with 703 acoustic insulation. The biggest challenge we have with all the space is controlling it.

But the bar is indeed by me. You know what they say, keep your friends close and your liquor closer. Or something like that.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, G650 said:

It's the diffuser side of an acoustic panel. And @locodos that is a cloud over the drummer, it's filled with 703 acoustic insulation. The biggest challenge we have with all the space is controlling it.

But the bar is indeed by me. You know what they say, keep your friends close and your liquor closer. Or something like that.

I'm just giving you a hard time.  You need an old fridge plastered with stickers and maybe the old sign from the Jewish Mother or PBC. You know a little flavor.  At a minimum I expected some old road signs...  

17 minutes ago, locodos said:

I'm just giving you a hard time.  You need an old fridge plastered with stickers and maybe the old sign from the Jewish Mother or PBC. You know a little flavor.  At a minimum I expected some old road signs...  

That's a good idea actually, I have an old Princess Anne Rd sign in my garage.

45 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Is that a purpose-built outbuilding or a garage you hijacked or what?

It's a 75 x 50 steel building we added to an existing building at my shop. It's generally a magnet for everyone in the family to put extraneous shit, I go through periodic rampages cleaning stuff out. Somehow my sister in law has dropped off more Halloween decorations than Target carries.

IMG-20231110-165014-261.jpg

Edited by G650
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Celery Man said:

This song comes on my Spotify every so often and I just realized how much I enjoy the guitars on it

Listened to this, and when I heard him deliver the line, "at a wedding reception in 1972," I thought, "Hmm, that voice sounds just like the dude in that song they use as the theme for the podcast 'Heavyweight.'"

Looked it up, and yep...

Side note:  I am the fucking nerdy guy in that commercial telling everyone about a podcast that I heard.  

• Hook 'Em 2