The Guitar Pron Thread

Celery Man

Nope. Got home and plugged it in. Fantastic LP. There's a lot to like about it. First guitar I've bought online in some time that didn't need some tweaking. They really put work in on the frets, nut, and neck in general. If companies would make those aspects as good as possible before shipping them out, we'd live in a great world. 

Also, the finish is perfect. It's poly, but it's not that thick slab like you get with an Epi. It's much thinner like my 59 Epi. Wiring is clean. Full size pots. The only thing it needs is the Ernie Ball Strings taken off and the Gibson Reissues put on it. 

I'm serious blown away by this thing. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Deej said:

Nope. Got home and plugged it in. Fantastic LP. There's a lot to like about it. First guitar I've bought online in some time that didn't need some tweaking. They really put work in on the frets, nut, and neck in general. If companies would make those aspects as good as possible before shipping them out, we'd live in a great world. 

I watched this several times last year when I thought that I would have enough extra time to drive through San Diego on my way to Pasadena (coming from Dallas).

Whatever the big online company based in San Diego (or ______ City) said that if they didn’t have a guitar that I wanted to see in the store, they could grab one out of the warehouse next door. 

Didn’t have an extra day to go through San Diego at a normal time of day, so didn’t get to check it out. Your review was nice to read. 

16 minutes ago, Goredho said:

That P90 thinline cabronita from Sire that I posted the pic of is a new model and won’t be available until August/September.

That gives you time to buy four of five other guitars. 

• Haha 1

Got one of those Walker & Williams straps that I think Hulla was talking about when we had strap talk a few weeks back. Nice, soft, leather is a bit shiny but it looks nice. I already had this question that I’m embarrassed to ask with a similar strap - what are you supposed to do with the loose end, just let it dangle?

IMG_6828.thumb.jpeg.1c8059765e65d2e40ead5084dd785826.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Celery Man said:

Got one of those Walker & Williams straps that I think Hulla was talking about when we had strap talk a few weeks back. Nice, soft, leather is a bit shiny but it looks nice. I already had this question that I’m embarrassed to ask with a similar strap - what are you supposed to do with the loose end, just let it dangle?

IMG_6828.thumb.jpeg.1c8059765e65d2e40ead5084dd785826.jpeg

They make a good product for a decent price. I've got three. 

10 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

Why the fuck do you need a quick release? Are you playing “Dead or Alive”?

Hell, I don't know.  Seemed like a good feature.  I've never played an acoustic live except sitting down at an open mic.

The thread is slow, I’ve already posted too many j45 pictures, but the j45 fucks so here is a video comparing the standard and the custom

Mine’s a custom but honestly I think I’d take the standard out of the two.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

Both sound great.  The custom definitely sounds meatier and has more low mids.  When they started, I thought it was just mic placement (closer to sound hole ---> more boom), but the difference was obvious as they passed them back and forth.  I can imagine a lot of recordings where you'd prefer the standard's brightness/clarity.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Silly new guitar day for me yesterday. I now have a dedicated  "80's shredder." Jackson DKAM (Transparent Red) delivered yesterday. 

J16854000002000-02-600x600.jpg

Been learning a bunch of cheesy 80's hair metal solos lately. Style of playing definitely calls for 24 frets and a double locking Floyd Rose. Maple fretboard plays quicker than the Pau Ferro on my PRS and the jumbo frets make for cleaner tapping. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

On 3/14/2024 at 4:04 PM, Storm the Field said:

Silly new guitar day for me yesterday. I now have a dedicated  "80's shredder." Jackson DKAM (Transparent Red) delivered yesterday. 

J16854000002000-02-600x600.jpg

Been learning a bunch of cheesy 80's hair metal solos lately. Style of playing definitely calls for 24 frets and a double locking Floyd Rose. Maple fretboard plays quicker than the Pau Ferro on my PRS and the jumbo frets make for cleaner tapping. 

I approve. I think I posted somewhere upthread the Charvel 475, which is essentially the same guitar