Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

Hamm and Lucci  surely fit most of the criteria below.  Providing recruits with no cost videos, being donors to the 12th Man Foundation,/the Century Club, paying recruit "coaches" to be on their podcasts, etc..    Boosters, referred to by the NCAA as “representatives of the institution’s athletic interests,” include anyone who has:

Provided a donation in order to obtain season tickets for any sport at the university.

• Participated in or has been a member of an organization promoting the university’s athletics programs.
  • Made financial contributions to the athletic department or to a university booster organization.
  • Only institutional staff members are permitted to recruit prospective student-athletes. Generally, NCAA rules prohibit anyone else from contacting (calling, writing or in-person contact) prospects or the prospect’s relatives or guardian for recruiting purposes.
  • If a violation occurs, it may jeopardize a student-athlete’s eligibility for intercollegiate competition, jeopardize a school’s membership status with the NCAA or cause a booster to lose access to all booster benefits.

As a booster, you may not:

• Contact a prospect in-person on-campus or off campus.
  • Contact a prospect by telephone, email, Internet or letter.
  • Provide gifts or free or reduced-cost services to a prospect or the prospect’s relatives or guardian.
  • Employ relatives, guardians or friends of a prospect as an inducement for the prospect’s enrollment and athletics participation at a university.
  • Provide any material benefit (e.g., meals, cash) to the coach of a prospect, including high school, two-year college, AAU and summer team coaches.

21 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Excuse me, sir, but perhaps you missed the recent update from Longhorn94 in which he's anointed Card as the second coming of a one Garrett "6 Second Wind-up" Gilbert. I'll allow you some time to better educate yourself and come back to us with an updated take. Apparently, per our honks in Lake Travis, we're all set.

I did not say Card is the second coming of Gilbert. I said he was going to be the next great LT QB. He is very different than Gilbert personality-wise. He is more of a competitor, hard worker type. I think he is more like Mayfield, Brewer, and Baldwin in his work ethic and enthusiasm to compete. What do you think of Card?

3 hours ago, Longhorn94 said:

I did not say Card is the second coming of Gilbert. I said he was going to be the next great LT QB. He is very different than Gilbert personality-wise. He is more of a competitor, hard worker type. I think he is more like Mayfield, Brewer, and Baldwin in his work ethic and enthusiasm to compete. What do you think of Card?

I was in Austin last weekend and my Uber driver shows up in a Tahoe.  Entire time was hyping up Hudson Card.  His son used to play for LT and now plays for WV.  I figured it was you LH94.  Dude said Card was the best QB prospect to come out of Lake Travis.  Said he was better than any QB we have on campus.... it had to be you! Haha

• Like 1

1 minute ago, victory88 said:

I was in Austin last weekend and my Uber driver shows up in a Tahoe.  Entire time was hyping up Hudson Card.  His son used to play for LT and now plays for WV.  I figured it was you LH94.  Dude said Card was the best QB prospect to come out of Lake Travis.  Said he was better than any QB we have on campus.... it had to be you! Haha

hmmmm, i dont think LT has a player on WV. there are plenty around LT including some on the coaching staff that believe Card will be the best one to come out of LT. 

1 minute ago, Longhorn94 said:

hmmmm, i dont think LT has a player on WV. there are plenty around LT including some on the coaching staff that believe Card will be the best one to come out of LT. 

Hmm.... he had a picture of his son in his car in a WVU uniform.  Went by big herm.  Dad played b-ball at aggy back in the day.  Maybe they played at a different school but the guy knew his shit about LT football haha.

5 minutes ago, Longhorn94 said:

I know Big Herm. He plays at Texas Lutheran.

Ah yup, just looked it up.  That’s him.  Not sure why he had a pic of his son plastered in his car in a WVU Jersey.  I could have sworn he mentioned that he played there.  I had quite a few beers so I could be mis remembering.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Ah yup, just looked it up.  That’s him.  Not sure why he had a pic of his son plastered in his car in a WVU Jersey.  I could have sworn he mentioned that he played there.  I had quite a few beers so I could be mis remembering.

Uber driver was probably in an Escape and you were probably drunk.

23 hours ago, closetojumping said:

It’s more important to me on this thread because he is a 2020 guy, than on the Hamm thread because it is Hamm, but on Monday, Demas really was going to recommit. He made the mistake of telling Hamm this and Hamm went and pulled a conference call together with Footwork King, Damiyeune The Bagman Craig, the North Forest coaches and Demas, basically shaming and cajoling Demas not to decommit. 

So, yeah, that doesn’t sound good for Demas sticking with aggie. It also highlights how far and low Hamm will go to keep guys in ATM’s corner, basically violating every rule, NCAA or recruiting industry, in order to steer players. It also shows the depths of his outright lies when he posts about his view of what is going on. This comes from someone that stumblefuck Hamm talked to about it, attempting to explain how much he bleeds for the aggies. 

I’m open to going after this guy with a work-up compiled and delivered to the NCAA. He’s corrupt and ATM is benefitting. In truth, every player he’s talking to should be ruled off limits for the aggies to sign. 

I'll support this endeavor 

On 9/19/2018 at 7:07 PM, golfclap said:

interesting note on Lorando -- via Sayles in a thread about Jaylon Jones. 

On Sylvester -  he has been told very clearly the things he needs to do and not do. He isn't a lost cause like Tamuzia Brown at this point, but he's got to make some good choices. There are several schools that have had to have the same conversation(s). 

What's up with Brown?

20 hours ago, victory88 said:

I wouldn't go so far as say the greatest LT QB yet, though he's absolutely maturing into the job.   Mayfield or maybe Michael brewer probably the best in my opinion at this point, though card still has 1.5 years to go.  

Top ten most likely guys I see in the 2020 class, in order. 

1) Hudson Card
2) Kelvontay Dixon
3) Jaylen Garth
4) Alfred Collins
5) Ty Jordan
6)Jaylon Jones
7) Mookie Cooper
8') Logan Parr
9) Prince Dorbah
10) Casey Collier

Thoughts?

Edited by Fud

1 minute ago, Fud said:

1) Hudson Card
2) Kelvontay Dixon
3) Jaylen Garth
4) Alfred Collins
5) Ty Jordan
6)Jaylon Jones
7) Mookie Cooper
8') Logan Parr
9) Prince Dorbah
10) Casey Collier

Thoughts?

Have we been in touch with Collier?

http://www.hudl.com/profile/4720044/Casey-Collier

1 minute ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Broughton and Washingron??

Who are you taking out to put Broughton in? Does he feel like a heavy Texas lean? 

Safety is loaded once again, and it's not clear to me yet who we're prioritizing yet at the position, so I feel better about the other ten at this point 

I wouldn't go so far as say the greatest LT QB yet, though he's absolutely maturing into the job.   Mayfield or maybe Michael brewer probably the best in my opinion at this point, though card still has 1.5 years to go.  

Id think the,douchey heisman winner and #1 NFL pick is the hands down best ever outta LT. No questions asked.

14 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Card was 10-12 with 150 or so yards, three TD passes (two to Wilson) and another TD rushing as Lake Travis led Akins 37-0 WITH 10 MINUTES LEFT IN THE SECOND QUARTER.

That's just Akins though...(just kidding, it's still impressive, but really though, Akins hasn't been good in forever).

1 hour ago, williemackgarza said:

Id think the,douchey heisman winner and #1 NFL pick is the hands down best ever outta LT. No questions asked.

Brewer was a really good system QB at LT..  in my opinion he ran the system better than mayfield, he won 2 straight titles and the games rarely seemed in question except a couple he missed to injury.  Better passer then, though mayfield was a better scrambler. 

9 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

That's just Akins though...(just kidding, it's still impressive, but really though, Akins hasn't been good in forever).

Akins was sooo bad.  Their punter did that little kid punting gif, where he stuttered around, dropped the ball on the ground and then whiffed trying to kick it while it was rolling.

17 hours ago, Fud said:

1) Hudson Card
2) Kelvontay Dixon
3) Jaylen Garth
4) Alfred Collins
5) Ty Jordan
6)Jaylon Jones
7) Mookie Cooper
8') Logan Parr
9) Prince Dorbah
10) Casey Collier

Thoughts?

I get the feeling Darius Snow should be on this list.  I think he's a hard Texas lean at this point.