Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

19 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

Hudson Card will be a stud at QB.  Hornsby might be too.  If we keep Card and get him signed, I am happy as hell.  Jimbo and Co.  may have to satisfy a bunch of "uncles" before the Hornsby recruitment ends.  Bama, Auburn and LSU have bank too.  

I am a big Card fan and looking forward to seeing his development 

Aggy (so far) is getting some good players, but the day they get program changers will be the first. Any time they've ever out- recruited us they've never been able to do anything but squander the talent. Jimbo isn't any different. It too a Hercules talent like Winston to make Fisher "respectable" (even though he sucks and couldn't win the ACC more than twice, all while recruiting better than anyone in that conference. Do you honestly think he's going to somehow get good at aggy, even though they still have to play Bama, Auburn, LSU, and Miss St every year? He couldn't best Clemson in the end in a much weaker conference. The sky isn't falling, we'll be fine like always. Aggy will always aggy it up. It's what they do.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

It too a Hercules talent like Winston to make Fisher "respectable" (even though he sucks and couldn't win the ACC more than twice, all while recruiting better than anyone in that conference. 

was he really even respectable? amazing he held on to his job imo.

21 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Aggy (so far) is getting some good players, but the day they get program changers will be the first. Any time they've ever out- recruited us they've never been able to do anything but squander the talent. Jimbo isn't any different. It too a Hercules talent like Winston to make Fisher "respectable" (even though he sucks and couldn't win the ACC more than twice, all while recruiting better than anyone in that conference. Do you honestly think he's going to somehow get good at aggy, even though they still have to play Bama, Auburn, LSU, and Miss St every year? He couldn't best Clemson in the end in a much weaker conference. The sky isn't falling, we'll be fine like always. Aggy will always aggy it up. It's what they do.

This is impressive. Take note, guy-with-Hank-Scorpio's-flamethrower-avatar.

14 hours ago, bizzle said:

was he really even respectable? amazing he held on to his job imo.

With all that talent going into last year it's amazing I still consider him respectable. All of the sudden he couldn't have an adequate backup? I thought he was a qb guru?

Edited by Spider2YBanana

The best qb they've ever had went to the cotton bowl, and then regressed the next season. With Mike Evans and an impressive line. And all they could muster was a cotton bowl victory? Aggy will always be aggy. They're on par with Ole Miss, Baylor, Arizona, etc. They're a second tier program. No amount of talent is going to make them contenders in their own conference. Jimbo went full fetal when Bama face fucked them and broke their qb. LSU and Auburn will do the same annually. I'm not even worried. Kids will see that it can't happen at aggy. Jimbo will be fired or he'll move on when they turn on him. They would have ruined Adrian Peterson had he gone there. 

16 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

With all that talent going into last year it's amazing I still consider him respectable. All of the sudden he couldn't have an adequate backup? I thought he was a qb guru?

Let's also not forget that Dabo lost to Syracuse, too. I guess their qb is better than Mond, and their team is better than aggy? I understand he's your coach, but remember Jimbo is in a far tougher conference, and his chances at actually winning it are the same chances of me winning the lottery while having a threesome with Ruby Rose and Adriana Lima.

Wut. Talking to yourself ?

Let's also not forget that Dabo lost to Syracuse, too. I guess their qb is better than Mond, and their team is better than aggy? I understand he's your coach, but remember Jimbo is in a far tougher conference, and his chances at actually winning it are the same chances of me winning the lottery while having a threesome with Ruby Rose and Adriana Lima.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Hamm Lite with Aggy CBs in for Chris Thompson jr, Jaylon Jones, and Jalen Kimber. 

I had been close to one on Thompson for a while. Jones is someone A&M made huge ground with at the Clemson game.
EDIT: I forgot to include Jalen Kimber as well. A&M really likes him and vice versa.

LONG way off and lots of football to be played before then but Aggy is getting McGlothern and Mickens, so the rest of the 2020 DB class looks like it's going to be a bloodbath between Aggy, OU, LSU, Bama, tOSU, and Texas. And Texas is working from behind the 8-ball. Herman better unfuck his head and take over the playcalling and gameplanning or he'll seal his own fate before he ever gets to a 3rd season.  

On 9/9/2018 at 11:31 PM, Spider2YBanana said:

Amen

E.J. Holland: A closer look at underclassmen visitors ahead of monster weekend

2020 Commits

QB Hudson Card, Austin Lake Travis —The lone member of UT’s 2020 class will be on campus this weekend and is sure to try to get others to join him. A four-star local product, Card is fully committed to the Longhorns.

Offered 2020 recruits

RB Zachary Evans, Galena Park North Shore — Evans might be the best running back to come out of the state since Adrian Peterson. The five-star prospect is an absolute must-have, and Texas has established itself as an early frontrunner along with Alabama, Georgia, Texas A&M and a few others.

OL Justin Rogers, Oak Park (MI) —Another five-star prospect, Rogers is ranked as the nation’s top offensive guard, so getting him on campus this early is already a win for the Longhorns. Georgia and Ohio State are the early frontrunners, but Texas could make a move this weekend.

DL Prince Dorbah, Highland Park — A monster off the edge, Dorbah is a priority target for next cycle. The four-star recruit has built a strong connection with the staff early on, and the Longhorns are high on his list along with Arkansas and Oklahoma.

CB Dwight McGlothern, Trinity Christian Cedar Hill — A five-star prospect, McGlothern has Texas in his top group. However, the Longhorns really need to make an impression this weekend as Texas A&M seems to be separating itself from the pack in his recruitment.

CB Jaylon Jones, Cibolo Steele —Texas was thought to be the early leader for Jones, a four-star prospect, but Texas A&M really made some waves on his visit last weekend. The Longhorns will have a chance to counter this weekend and slow down momentum built by the Aggies.

S Darius Snow, Hebron — Snow has been adamant that he plans to take his time with the recruiting process, which is good news for Texas. The Longhorns have impressed him so far, but they obviously need to win. Stanford, Notre Dame and Michigan State are other major players.

S Bryson Washington, Houston CE King — Texas is pegged as the team to beat for Washington early on. He visited Texas late in the summer and has built a great rapport with the staff. A strong visit could help the Longhorns put themselves in an even better position for the four-star recruit.

ATH Mookie Cooper, St. Louis Trinity Catholic (MO) — This will be Cooper’s second trip to Texas, which speaks volumes about his interest level in the program. Right now, Texas actually seems like the early leader in his recruitment. A big weekend may very well put him on commitment watch.

ATH Michael Henderson, Carrollton Ranchview — A jumbo athlete Henderson, has the potential to play several positions at the next level. Texas is still figuring out its plan for him, but his ceiling is undeniable. Right now, Oklahoma is the favorite, but Texas is surging in his recruitment.

ATH Jovan Ferguson, St. Thomas Aquinas (Fla.) — Texas has been able to pull prospects out of the state of Florida and has its eyes set on Ferguson. He holds several major offers, but the fact that he is visiting this early should tell you the Longhorns have a chance.

ATH Kelvontay Dixon, Carthage — The younger brother of Texas freshman running back Keaontay Ingram, Dixon has established himself as a great player in his own right. This will be Dixon’s second visit to Texas in as many weeks, and the Longhorns appear to have the edge in his recruitment.

2020 recruits on the radar

RB Clarence Dalton, Galveston Ball —Dalton holds an early offer from SMU and is a recruit that could see his stock rise this fall.

OL Damieon George, Galena Park North Shore — A four-star prospect, George holds several major offers. Texas could be next.

OL Jalen St. John, St. Louis Trinity Catholic (MO) — St. John is coming in from Missouri in hopes of notching an offer from the Longhorns.

DL Alfred Collins, Bastrop Cedar Creek — Collins holds a pair of offers from Baylor and Texas A&M and is ready to blow up on the trail.

DL Princely Umanmielen, Manor —Umanmielen has been a frequent visitor but does not hold an offer. That could change this weekend.

CB Avery Helm, Fort Bend Marshall —Helm impressed the Longhorns at camp this summer and is firmly on the radar.

Offered 2021 recruits

OL Reuben Fatheree, Richmond Foster — A four-star prospect, Fatheree holds several major offers and is one of the top young underclassmen in the nation. Texas is an early player in his recruitment.

OL Donovan Jackson, Bellaire Episcopal — Jackson recently came away with a Texas offer and impressed the Longhorns at camp this summer. Like with Fatheree, Texas is making an impression early on.

ATH Shadrach Banks, Galena Park North Shore — The nation’s top athlete, Banks picked up an offer from Texas a couple of weeks ago and was fired up about. UT is a top option early on.

2021 recruits on the radar

OL Hayden Conner, Katy Taylor —Conner holds several major offers and hopes to add Texas in the future.

OL Bryce Foster, Katy Taylor — Foster has established himself as a national recruit and would love to add a Texas offer.

DL Landyn Watson, Hutto — Watson has visited Texas on several occasions and hopes the Longhorns jump in the mix.

DL Tunmise Adeleye, Katy Tompkins —Adeleye has some big offers to his name. Texas joining the party would mean a lot to him.

EJ after dark: Late additions to UT-USC visitors list

— Key 2020 defensive line target Vernon Broughton will be making an unofficial visit to Texas tomorrow. Broughton holds a handful of major offers, including one from Texas, and is excited to see the Longhorns in action against USC. Texas is making a big impression on him early on.

— A potential 2020 offer prospect to know is Prosper offensive lineman Jake Majors, who is also making an unofficial visit to Texas this weekend. Majors holds offers from Arizona State, Colorado, Stanford, Washington and a few others. He is firmly on the Longhorns’ radar.

— Another 2020 prospect to keep an eye on is rising Cy Ranch tight end Drake Dabney. He has offers in hand from Louisville, Memphis, Purdue and Toledo. Dabney is making an unofficial visit to Texas tomorrow and is a recruit the Longhorns are continuing to evaluate.

— It’s going to be another down year at the linebacker position in-state next cycle, but Galena Park North Shore’s Corey Flagg is a bright spot. The 2020 three-star recruit holds offers from Boston College, Memphis and Texas Tech and is hopeful Texas will come his way down the line. Flagg will make an unofficial visit to UT this weekend.

— Four-star 2021 Austin LBJ cornerback Latrell McCutchin is making his way to Texas tomorrow for an unofficial visit. He could be an early offer candidate. Another 2021 prospect coming in is South Oak Cliff linebacker Jai Jones, who holds six offers early on.

On 9/11/2018 at 12:21 AM, Spider2YBanana said:

Threesomes & whisky references , fuck offs to Sooner/Aggy, DGAFedness & overall surly disposition combined with sarcasm and wit.

Well done.

3 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Yeah he's been Fong'ed to Stanford.

Time to stop these Top OL  recruits from State of Texas going to Stanford bullshit.... let the Damn  Tree take 2 Star OL guys

c'mon Coach Hand.... Land some more stud recruits for TEXAS OL

Edited by LTtxfan