Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

I actually ran across someone last week who trained with TFK (Whitfield right?) like 8-10 years ago and said he was about as legit a trainer as you can come across. For those that don’t know he still to this day trains other sports players and others just wanting to get in shape.

I asked said person if they thought he was getting paid by the universities and they didn’t know. They did say that he always wanted to be famous and that he came from humble beginnings, training out of various gyms.

I don’t doubt that some Aggy idiots try to pay this guy to steer recruits or take them on visits but I think he truly does have their best interests at heart and does what he can to help kids out. He does have NFL clients as well which might be how he pays for his facility, vehicles as well.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sejjr said:

I’m getting the feeling that the 2020 cycle is going to be an all-time shit show. This might be the cycle that finally gets the NCAA to start dealing out stern wrist slaps. And Jimbo and Co will be the main culprits. 

If that happens, the SEC’s long game with aggy is going to come into focus, and aggy will be served up to the NCAA as the SEC’s sacrificial lamb. 

Edited by destroya

5 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

I see at least three more losses - Kentucky, Auburn, and LSU. Hopefully Demas is in attendance/watching all those games.

Miss. State & Nick Fitzgerald have had aggies number the past few years. I believe that game is on the road in the middle of a 3 game road stretch. Miss St should be favored in that one

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sejjr said:

I’m getting the feeling that the 2020 cycle is going to be an all-time shit show. This might be the cycle that finally gets the NCAA to start dealing out stern wrist slaps. And Jimbo and Co will be the main culprits. 

Why wait till 2020? A former player ratted them out a month ago. Does anybody care about that story???

Amazing how that got swept under the rug. 

• Like 1

Aggy is better than 

31 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

I see at least three more losses - Kentucky, Auburn, and LSU. Hopefully Demas is in attendance/watching all those games.

Aggy is better than I thought and will likely pull one out against Kentucky. If Aggy goes better than 7-5, I'll be very impressed.

Kinda pissed me off that even if Demas was gonna flip, these dipshits looking to scoop it blast it all out on Twitter for everyone including A&M coaches to see. This leads to the barrage of phone calls and texts to see if it's true, Demas gets pissed and puts the wall back up reaffirming his allegiance to the sheep fuckers. 

5 minutes ago, TankedBevo said:

Kinda pissed me off that even if Demas was gonna flip, these dipshits looking to scoop it blast it all out on Twitter for everyone including A&M coaches to see. This leads to the barrage of phone calls and texts to see if it's true, Demas gets pissed and puts the wall back up reaffirming his allegiance to the sheep fuckers. 

Texas probably needs to steer clear of this entire mess.

18 minutes ago, longhornsftmfw said:

I'll ask my dad about Sylvester. I'll also see if he knows anything about this handler situation. The booster club is definitely not a part of that, it's gotta be an individual in town.

If it's the same one who handled or tried to handle the 19 boys, he does not live in town. Think the guy mentioned was the jkb clown who played for Briles in waco and was trying to "help" a few kids.

So McGlothern fresh off his visit to Bama tweets that he will have an announcement tonight.. and within 20 minutes deletes the tweet? 

Hamm Lite ::

I know there will be a lot of questions about it, so figured I'd beat y'all to the punch. We are checking to see what it likely is. He was at Bama over the weekend and they are A&M's main competitor, but it could also be a bowl game announcement or a top group.

UPDATE: I'm not expecting a commitment tonight or anytime in the immediate future. I still believe he will end up at A&M.

UncRo doing work.  

Edited by golfclap
format was shit

45 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

I am kinda starting to wanting to stay away from Demas now, there is just way to much shit swirling around this kid.

Yeah, it's a weird fucking recruitment.  He's extremely pro aggy in his tweets and even doing videos with fucking Taylor Hamm.  He's didn't even have them in his top 3 and commits to them out of the fucking blue.  He's about as committed to them as Sheppard is for us.  Which brings me to my next point, seems like footwork king is trying to get Sheppard back to aggy.  Would be surprised if he left a&m without flipping.  Him and Demas are very close.

Regardless that whole entourage is giving off weird vibes.

We all need to chill on this Demas recruitment. 

I doubt him flipping to us tomorrow would change his recruitment at all. He'd still take his visits, it'd just be us hand-wringing instead of A&M. His decision is a year off.

EJ (I believe it was him but now I can't find it) said something along the lines of: Texas has all the momentum with Demas. He isn't going to say anything publicly that would undermine his commitment, but there's more to it than just what he says. 

There are currently 6 CBs for Demas on 247. 5 are for Texas. The only one for A&M is Perroni. 

So I don't care how many times Hamm interviews him, that commitment is less solid than Jimbo and Hamm's marriages combined. Having to talk him out of decommitting already now does not bode well for A&M but it also doesn't mean he's guaranteed to flip. 

FK is fine as a trainer. Sometimes the rides he gives have helped us, sometimes they've hurt us. 

10 minutes ago, Sheep Have Wool said:

Heaven forbid we get another Kris Boyd. Scares you to death.

I don't think they are really comparable, Boyd just had maturity issues, everything around demas seems dirty as fuck. Aggy is dirty and desperate but they are still aggy and like Ole miss no one will care until they start causing problems for bama or UGA. On the other hand, everyone from Georgia to California knows what Texas is capable of and will want to keep us down as long as possible, OU, aggy, TCU, BU, LSU, would have a huge target with Texas.

Edited by Not a Sock