Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

2 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

It seems like a lot of the dudes who are high on Texas early, or at the very least taking alot of early visits are these stud o-line men. I know we need at least some bodies this year, but that o-line class could be devasting next year. Additionally, with Evans comments about going to the school who pulls in the best o-line class, it's incredibly early, but theres things to like when watching from afar.

Garth, Parr, and Lindberg look realistic.  Am I missing anybody?  Parr is interior all the way and Garth is a Tackle.  Lindberg looks like a RT/G.

3 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Just to add on, DL looks to be in a good spot early with Broughton, Dorbah, and Princely.  Still want Sylvester if the off field stuff is good.  Him and Dorbah as pass rushers?  Yes plz.

Edit:  also forgot to add Collins 

Yeah, Collins might be the best of the bunch. He might be up there with Demas as the best prospects in the class after Evans 

2 minutes ago, Fud said:

Yeah, Collins might be the best of the bunch. He might be up there with Demas as the best prospects in the class after Evans 

Really?  I guess he doesn't have much film or anything out on him.  He's only been rated by 247 so far.  I honestly don't know that much on hom since he's a fairly new offer, hasn't done a camp, and his name just recently came to light.  Have you seen him play?

Edited by Elmer_Fudd

1 minute ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Really?  I guess he doesn't have much film or anything out on him.  He's only been rated by 247 so far.  I honestly don't know that much on hom since he's a fairly new offer, hasn't done a camp, and his name just recently came to light.  Have you seen him play?

Just hudl and stats for me

He, Broughton, and Sylvester have elite ceilings in 2020 at 4i, but Collins is already extremely productive and disruptive, while the other two are mostly just upside right now 

13 minutes ago, Fud said:

Just hudl and stats for me

He, Broughton, and Sylvester have elite ceilings in 2020 at 4i, but Collins is already extremely productive and disruptive, while the other two are mostly just upside right now 

Sorry, who is Collins?  I haven't made my 2020 recruit flash cards just yet.

Just now, cafe society said:

I can't recall their names, but we are high on the list of two Washington prospects, an OL and LB.

Visiting for the WVU game: https://247sports.com/player/savell-smalls-46037523/

Visited in April: https://247sports.com/player/geirean-hatchett-46045864/. Has family in Texas and Oklahoma.

TFB Open Post: https://texas.thefootballbrainiacs.com/2018/10/open-post-weekend-october-12th-14th/

Quick-Hitters | 5-Star RB

***I stopped by Buchanan HS in the Fresno (CA) area to see 2020 5-star running back, Kendall Milton.

I’ll post some thoughts on what I saw but I wanted to pass on a note on his recruitment. I spoke with Milton after practice and we talked about his interest in Texas. He talked about how impressed he’s been with the turnaround Herman has made. He watched the Red River Rivalry.

Milton said the coach he was closest with who used to be at USC is now in the NFL but said coach apparently recommended a current college running back as a coach Milton should seriously considering playing for.

That coach? Stan Drayton.

Logan Parr | Quick Hitter
– Andrew King

Another big recruit can be added to the Texas-Baylor visitor list.

O’Conner (TX) ’20 offensive guard Logan Parr let me know that he and his parents will be making the trip to Austin for the game on Saturday. Parr visited Texas for the Tulsa game earlier this year and picked up an offer from Tom Herman right before the game began.

Parr is excited about this trip for two reasons. This will be his first visit to Texas with an offer, so he doesn’t have to worry about that. It is also the first time his mother will join him on a trip to Texas, so he’s very excited about that.

I’d call Texas the early leader in this recruitment right now. Obviously, him making a second trip to Texas already this season tells a lot. He already holds offers from LSU, Oklahoma, Michigan, and others. So he’s a high priority for a lot of big-name schools in the 2020 class.

Five-Star RB Zachary Evans | Visit Plans
– Andrew King

Earlier this week there was some chatter that North Shore (TX) 5-star ’20 RB Zachary Evans was planning to visit Texas this weekend. I checked in with some sources to see what the plan was.

The first source I talked to at North Shore told me he wasn’t sure if Evans or any of the North Shore recruits would be visiting Texas this weekend. Since it’s an afternoon kick and North Shore has 9:30am team workouts on Saturday’s, followed by film study. He said Evans could still make it in though but wasn’t 100% sure on what the plan was.

Then there was talk on twitter that Evans would be joining 5-star Texas A&M ’20 WR commit Demond Demas and his trainer for a trip to Ohio State instead of going to Texas. So I wasn’t sure what was going to happen. I then talked to another source close to Evans and he told me “we’ll be at Texas this weekend.”

Travel plans can always fall through and other things can happen. But if Evans visits anywhere this weekend, it’ll be Texas.

On 10/10/2018 at 7:37 PM, lemonandaturd said:

A kid Texas should keep an eye on is Montavian Hunt out of Jasper in East Texas.  He is a little fast back in ths Fozzy Whitaker /Tre Watson mold.  He had 342 yards last week against a  pretty good West Orange Stark defense last week.   His team is undefeated, so he should get some run in the high school playoffs.  

I have a family member who is a coordinator on a that staff.  Will ask about him.  The head coach is one of the Barbay kids.  They always have a great running system.  Sherman Gilbert at Coldspring was a nightmare.  

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

in Texas. He talked about how impressed he’s been with the turnaround Herman has made. He watched the Red River Rivalry.

For pete's sake people, how many times do we have to be told this? It's the red river shootdown. Errrr red river showout. Fuck it. 

Texas-OU game. Asshole.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Machinator said:

Visitors tomorrow for the 2020 cycle:

DL Alfred Collins, Bastrop

RB Zach Evans, GP North Shore
OL Jaylen Garth, PNG
OL Damieon George, GP North Shore
CB Avery Helm, Fort Bend Marshall
WR Troy Omeire, Fort Bend Austin 
OL Logan Parr, O’Connor
WR Collin Sullivan, Round Rock

That's loaded. 

Our first blowout win of the year would be nice. 

3 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Visitors tomorrow for the 2020 cycle:

DL Alfred Collins, Bastrop

RB Zach Evans, GP North Shore
OL Jaylen Garth, PNG
OL Damieon George, GP North Shore
CB Avery Helm, Fort Bend Marshall
WR Troy Omeire, Fort Bend Austin 
OL Logan Parr, O’Connor
WR Collin Sullivan, Round Rock

Getting Omeire on campus is interesting. He's been pretty much an ag lock according to most of the analysts. Also I'd love Collins and Garth in the boat asap.

Edited by texifornia

1 minute ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Does Damien George get an offer tomorrow? 

Collins seems like he could eventually be our next 2020 commit.

I've heard mixed reviews on George. He might have to be an offer so you don't fall behind guy.